Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 09:42 AM

8,871 posts, read 8,459,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Views just like opinions cannot be false. There is no point in being offended by someone else's views and opinions. People have always had differing views and always will have.

Regarding fathers I am more in line with Islamic law, where child care is the exclusive right (not only duty) of women.
"A gay man is not a real man" is not a neutral opinion, it's offensive and totally ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 09:47 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,609,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
"A gay man is not a real man" is not a neutral opinion, it's offensive and totally ridiculous.
Very much so.

But I think I am done here for now - I have said what I have to say.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:50 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,768,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Well, maternal relates to the mother, so no, they don't have maternal instincts. They are fathers, after all.
Exactly That's the point.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Of course my opinion is not neutral, quite to the contrary, I tend to have rather strong and indeed controversial opinions. They are just my opinions, I don't care whether others share them or not. But I certainly won't keep my opinions to myself just because someone might feel offended. I don't like the way outrage and offense are abused today in order to oppress non-pc opinions.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:56 AM

221 posts, read 343,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
view northern Europeans as being unfriendly, boring and mechanical if not downright rude, racist and sociopathic.
You forgot cold! Otherwise you pretty much nailed the whole list of stereotypes.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakral View Post
You forgot cold! Otherwise you pretty much nailed the whole list of stereotypes.
Which proves the Irish are not Nordic

Old 11-09-2014, 10:00 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,835,122 times
Quote:
A father lacks the maternal instinct to care for a child the way only a mother can and a child needs.
What the hell are you talking about? Fathers have a very strong natural bond to their children. And it's not only genetic. Also adoptive fathers or stepfathers can create a bloodline-like bond towards the adoptive children.

Quote:
Regarding fathers I am more in line with Islamic law, where child care is the exclusive right (not only duty) of women.
Really? Good luck then.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Fathers have a very strong natural bond to their children. And it's not only genetic. Also adoptive fathers or stepfathers can create a bloodline-like bond towards the adoptive children.

Really? Good luck then.

It's not impossible of course, but it is anything but the rule. In fact, in almost all families I know it is the other way round. There is one exception, but that is probably the mother's fault as she is not a very nice person and good mother as far as I can tell.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:10 AM

8,871 posts, read 8,459,440 times
Quote:
Of course my opinion is not neutral, quite to the contrary, I tend to have rather strong and indeed controversial opinions. They are just my opinions, I don't care whether others share them or not. But I certainly won't keep my opinions to myself just because someone might feel offended. I don't like the way outrage and offense are abused today in order to oppress non-pc opinions.
It's not about political correctness.

There's a difference between opinions and discriminatory languages. "Gay men are more like women", "gay men are not real men" etc. are certainly the latter.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:12 AM

363 posts, read 480,509 times
Quote:
Which proves the Irish are not Nordic
Dublin was founded by Norwegians, probably people from Bergen city. People from Bergen are not known for being Cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe