Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 07:19 AM

527 posts, read 709,110 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a trip to Istanbul for doing LASIK surgery, and on the way there I would like to stop for 2 days in London and 2 days in Paris. I will book the cheapest hotel and Eurostar train. Which month is the best time to visit those cities? I will not come during Easter week though, which is in early April.

I never been to London and Paris before, and this has been a dream for me in my whole life! I hope I don't faint of excitement

I will for sure book Hop on Hop Off bus tour for both cities, as I do in every major city I visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 05:06 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
You live in the US, and you're going to Istanbul for Lasik? Why? You can use a Canadian doctor, some of them have offices in the US. My brother had his exam in Boston, but saved a lot of money by traveling over the border for the surgery.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:52 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,929,115 times
April is a good month. Good weather and the crowds aren't terrible yet.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:57 PM

538 posts, read 539,154 times
Sounds awesome.

As long as your traveling to Europe and Turkey, why not take a few more days and visit Spain and Italy after the UK and France, before your surgery? It just seems logical that since your over there already, why not visit as many places as possible? This could be the trip of a lifetime!

I envy you! Good luck with the surgery, and please post all about your trip. Can't wait to hear about it. Keep us posted.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:20 PM

1,950 posts, read 1,129,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
I'm planning a trip to Istanbul for doing LASIK surgery, and on the way there I would like to stop for 2 days in London and 2 days in Paris. I will book the cheapest hotel and Eurostar train. Which month is the best time to visit those cities? I will not come during Easter week though, which is in early April.

I never been to London and Paris before, and this has been a dream for me in my whole life! I hope I don't faint of excitement

I will for sure book Hop on Hop Off bus tour for both cities, as I do in every major city I visit.
I'm a little taken back by this. You complained about your son not being able to find a job due to the lack of jobs... and you're offshoring jobs yourself? Seems like hypocrisy to me.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
I'm a little taken back by this. You complained about your son not being able to find a job due to the lack of jobs... and you're offshoring jobs yourself? Seems like hypocrisy to me.
Well I'm not going to pay $5K for 10 min laser when you could pay $600 in Turkey. I get a trip out of it as well

Medical cost in America is a joke

Old 12-06-2014, 10:20 PM

So I booked my trip in mid March. 2 days in London and 2 days in Paris by Eurostar train. I will book cheapest centrally located hotel and round-trip train next few weeks.

OMG so excited that I can't sleep from now!!!

Old 12-06-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzzant View Post
Sounds awesome.

As long as your traveling to Europe and Turkey, why not take a few more days and visit Spain and Italy after the UK and France, before your surgery? It just seems logical that since your over there already, why not visit as many places as possible? This could be the trip of a lifetime!

I envy you! Good luck with the surgery, and please post all about your trip. Can't wait to hear about it. Keep us posted.
I wish I had time and enough money to do it. I wanted to add Amsterdam and Brussels visiting each city 1 day but it's too costly and not enough time to enjoy the cities. Next time for sure I'll visit more European countries

Old 12-07-2014, 12:07 AM

1,274 posts, read 979,581 times
March is still a bit cold but it has nothing to do with the winter you see in NYC for example . You will enjoy it. 2 very old cities with different styles.

I know you're trying to be careful on the money but try to enjoy the food though, especially at Paris. You will not regret it.

Good luck.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
March is still a bit cold but it has nothing to do with the winter you see in NYC for example . You will enjoy it. 2 very old cities with different styles.

I know you're trying to be careful on the money but try to enjoy the food though, especially at Paris. You will not regret it.

Good luck.
As long as it does not rain I will be fine! Every foreign city I go to I must try their McDonald's and fast food, and some of their snacks, etc. I will also go to supermarkets to compare prices, etc. like a freak It's fun for me!

What food do you recommend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe