Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 02:39 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,490,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Okay, before choking into your sausage of self-satisfyism, there is first world hunger in finland also.

Whining in whinland
umm no there is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 03:12 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,705,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
no problems like this in Finland. next time you could google which countries are actually seen as first world

If you would seen first world hunger is a concept when welfare states includes hunger.

Next time you live in a country don't lie about it or study more. Get out of your sack.

The key initial findings are:

1. 905 people, who receive food aid, took part in the survey. In Vantaa seven families receiving food aid were also interviewed

2.Typically, those receiving food aid were over 46 years of age and came from a weak labour market position. Fortyfive per cent (45 %) of the respondents were unemployed or had been laidoff and 35 % were retired. The respondents came from all educational backgrounds, with the largest group having attended upper secondary or vocational schools (42 %). Most commonly, (85 %) people lived in rented housing. More than a third (35 %) lived in a oneperson household and families with children made up 33 % of the total. Of the families with children 29 % were single parent families.

http://www.socca.fi/files/2433/Summary_of_a_study_of_food_aid_in_the_Helsinki_Met ropolitan_area.pdf

Old 05-15-2015, 03:51 AM

Quote:
umm no there is not.
Sure there is

"Hursti says the move is a response to rumours that Estonians are taking food from Finland and selling it in their home country."

Helsinki food bank to start demanding Kela card | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

Maybe google also just told a reason to your ignorance

many Finns unhappy with their neighbours

According to a survey commissioned by the housing company Älvsbytalo, many Finns are unhappy with their neighbours. Results indicate that every tenth 15–44-year-old Finn would ditch their neighbours. Nearly half of the respondents aged 30 and under know nothing of their neighbours. Many, however, indicated they would welcome the opportunity to meet their neighbours. In general, residents of detached houses make friends with their neighbours more often than people living in flats. 1,600 Finns responded to the questionnaire.

Survey: many Finns unhappy with their neighbours

There is lot, lot of problems in every country and our friend google will tell more if you wish me to dig more

Old 05-15-2015, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Sure there is

"Hursti says the move is a response to rumours that Estonians are taking food from Finland and selling it in their home country."

Helsinki food bank to start demanding Kela card | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

Maybe google also just told a reason to your ignorance

many Finns unhappy with their neighbours

According to a survey commissioned by the housing company Älvsbytalo, many Finns are unhappy with their neighbours. Results indicate that every tenth 15–44-year-old Finn would ditch their neighbours. Nearly half of the respondents aged 30 and under know nothing of their neighbours. Many, however, indicated they would welcome the opportunity to meet their neighbours. In general, residents of detached houses make friends with their neighbours more often than people living in flats. 1,600 Finns responded to the questionnaire.

Survey: many Finns unhappy with their neighbours

There is lot, lot of problems in every country and our friend google will tell more if you wish me to dig more
You are ignorant. Do you have any idea why such food banks exist? Let's see if you actually know anything about this situation

PS. I give you a hint: it's not because someone is hungry

edit. okay I don't care to argue, I will just give you the reason:
Quote:
Keskiviikkona julkaistu raportti paljastaa, että ruoka-avussa käyvistä vain noin 40 prosenttia on toimeentulotuen piirissä. Tämä ei heidän mukaansa kerro ruoka-avun ”väärinkäytöksistä” vaan ennemminkin siitä, että reilusti yli puolet leipäjonoissa käyvistä ei syystä tai toisesta ollut hakenut tai saanut lakisääteistä viimesijaista turvaa.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-18-2015 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 05-15-2015, 07:40 AM

“defining hunger as food insecurity neglects human sensations, the fact of hunger as the uneasy and painful personal sensation caused by a
lack of food”

https://jyx.jyu.fi/dspace/bitstream/...pdf?sequence=1

Quote:
You are ignorant. Do you have any idea why such food banks exist? Let's see if you actually know anything about this situation

PS. I give you a hint: it's not because someone is hungry

edit. okay I don't care to argue, I will just give you the reason:
There are your local circumstances: In November 2010 there were 7877 single homeless people and 349 homeless families in Finland. Homelessness in Finland - Housing first

"When the Finnish welfare state has been unable or unwilling to take care of the hunger problem, the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland, some Christian organizations and associations for unemployed people have become the biggest distributors of charity food (Mavi 2012b). The first food bank in Finland was established by the church in the city of Tampere in 1995."

"It is reasonable to claim that during the last 15 years temporary emergency food aid became a permanent way to fill the holes in the basic social security system."

Here seems to be more studies from the same author. According to google translate there was 100 000 hungry person in finland 1992–1993.

Ruoka-avun vakiinnuttaminen Suomessa. Tarpeen ja oikeutuksen jäljillä | tiina silvasti - Academia.edu

I have no need to argue about this either. I think your local university professor, EU, red cross, churches and people in hunger would know about this more than you seem to do.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-18-2015 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 05-15-2015, 07:54 AM

20 posts, read 25,647 times
I think nations should stop granting asylum. It is not the responsibility of Europe, Canada, the USA, and Australia/NZ to provide a safe haven for displaced Africans who provide no net benefit to society and do nothing but drain. Nations are there to provide for the citizens of the nation, not spread the love to every little Mbuktu, Tshwane and Mahomet who dreams of living the good life in France on the taxpayers dime, living in social housing, receiving free healthcare and cash benefits and working tax free ripping off tourists to send remittances back to ****holeistan or wherever.

Asylum should be granted to refugees with skills who are willing to work for free in return for a cot in a dormitory and 2 meals (800 calories total) per day. For instance a Nigerian Proctologist can come to Britain as a refugee without his family and provide medical services without pay as payment to the UK for allowing him the privilege to not die in the war.

Here's an even better idea:

Let's send every refugee to one country:
Sweden

They're the humanitarian superpower right? Put their money where their mouth is. Every swede should pay 80% tax to support the refugees they wouldn't mind the Swedes have a fetish for commiting national suicide and cannot wait to be minorities in their own country!

Old 05-15-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
“defining hunger as food insecurity neglects human sensations, the fact of hunger as the uneasy and painful personal sensation caused by a
lack of food”

There are your local circumstances: In November 2010 there were 7877 single homeless people and 349 homeless families in Finland. Homelessness in Finland - Housing first

"When the Finnish welfare state has been unable or unwilling to take care of the hunger problem, the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland, some Christian organizations and associations for unemployed people have become the biggest distributors of charity food (Mavi 2012b). The first food bank in Finland was established by the church in the city of Tampere in 1995."

"It is reasonable to claim that during the last 15 years temporary emergency food aid became a permanent way to fill the holes in the basic social security system."

Here seems to be more studies from the same author. According to google translate there was 100 000 hungry person in finland 1992–1993.

Ruoka-avun vakiinnuttaminen Suomessa. Tarpeen ja oikeutuksen jäljillä | tiina silvasti - Academia.edu

I have no need to argue about this either. I think your local university professor, EU, red cross, churches and people in hunger would know about this more than you seem to do.
Yea sure, it's not my problem if some alcoholics get kicked out of their apartments and some people are too proub to visit the social security office. Please explain me why most people don't go to sossu if they are so hungry? And the biggest food giveaway is in one of the priciest and wealthiest parts of the most expensive city in the Finland? And why this problem doesn't exist outside of the helsinki metro?
It's not a human right to live in Helsinki if you can't afford it.

PS. Explain me this: If I'm not an alcoholic/drug abuser etc. and I get unemployed. Please explain me how it's possible that I can't afford food? Even if I go to sossu after receiving all the other subsidies? Your claims don't make any sense for normal people.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-18-2015 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 05-15-2015, 08:02 AM

142 posts, read 242,955 times
Actually places like Australia could welcome them.

Australia is immensely big.

Europe is too small.. Personally I would pay to send refugees in Australia (buy them airplanes tickets to stay there)

Old 05-15-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromLI View Post
I think nations should stop granting asylum. It is not the responsibility of Europe, Canada, the USA, and Australia/NZ to provide a safe haven for displaced Africans who provide no net benefit to society and do nothing but drain. Nations are there to provide for the citizens of the nation, not spread the love to every little Mbuktu, Tshwane and Mahomet who dreams of living the good life in France on the taxpayers dime, living in social housing, receiving free healthcare and cash benefits and working tax free ripping off tourists to send remittances back to ****holeistan or wherever.

Asylum should be granted to refugees with skills who are willing to work for free in return for a cot in a dormitory and 2 meals (800 calories total) per day. For instance a Nigerian Proctologist can come to Britain as a refugee without his family and provide medical services without pay as payment to the UK for allowing him the privilege to not die in the war.

Here's an even better idea:

Let's send every refugee to one country:
Sweden

They're the humanitarian superpower right? Put their money where their mouth is. Every swede should pay 80% tax to support the refugees they wouldn't mind the Swedes have a fetish for commiting national suicide and cannot wait to be minorities in their own country!
Ahahahha I like your thinking! Especially the Sweden part! Actually Finland takes only 1050 refugees per years, a far cry from Sweden's 100000

I have never understood why these commies think it would be a good idea to import like 60 million people(amount of global refugees) here. They could move to 3rd world and help these people there... Much more efficient!

Old 05-15-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid0 View Post
Actually places like Australia could welcome them.

Australia is immensely big.

Europe is too small.. Personally I would pay to send refugees in Australia (buy them airplanes tickets to stay there)
How much arable land they actually have? Countries like USA and Brazil could fit much more people I think.

Sadly Australians are too manly to bend over and take them, so poor refugees have to settle with Sweden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe