Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 02:27 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,399,373 times

Advertisements

According to a survey by the UN office of social affairs the near future will see the systematic disappearance of the resident population, more and more elderly and lacking of new generations, the new Italians will have different cultures different origins and different religions.
Hypothesizing in this new scenario ethnic groups still attached to their traditions, such as the communist ideal .. Islam .. given that the situation will be reflected all around Europe, do you think that relations of alliance, political and commercial with the US and the State of Israel will be affected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 02:30 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Everyone on this board is gonna be dead if that happens, so it's silly to think about this. Italy has far more pressing problems to worry about than foreign relations in 50-60 years

Old 06-26-2015, 12:44 AM

To Theunbrainwashed

Do not think to the future as a distant linear dimension, we build our future, we create our reality..a simply exemple for free .. if they jail you remember do not beind over to pick up the soap during the shower time.. as the minutes later it would be very painful, this shows that the future can be changed

Old 06-26-2015, 04:24 AM

321 posts, read 400,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
According to a survey by the UN office of social affairs the near future will see the systematic disappearance of the resident population, more and more elderly and lacking of new generations, the new Italians will have different cultures different origins and different religions.
Hypothesizing in this new scenario ethnic groups still attached to their traditions, such as the communist ideal .. Islam .. given that the situation will be reflected all around Europe, do you think that relations of alliance, political and commercial with the US and the State of Israel will be affected?
The communist ideal is dead everywhere in Europe, and Islam is much more of a problem in Northern EU countries than in Italy: if you look at the numbers of EU residents joining up the ISIS forces, we are talking about hundreds or even thousands from France and UK versus a couple dozens from Italy.

And I don't see EU shifting political alliances either: we Europeans are culturally westerner and there is no way we would feel more akin to some Asian cultures in the future.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:08 AM

The Europe , not yet so united, under some point of view, has caused a deep sense of disappointment, many former Communist countries return to dust off all that constitutes a reminder of the proud past period, regarding the Islam their real strength is the ability to breed new generations with substantial numbers, while Europeans are at birth..more or less 0.

Perhaps Greece will not be the only one to throw off the towel

Old 06-27-2015, 04:46 PM

9,366 posts, read 14,316,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potashh View Post
Italy will be a Disneyland
Miticoman, you may be too young to remember, in 1991 Giuliano Amato gave a speech to the Italian Parliament, warning that Italy should not become the "Disneyland of Europe" (his words, look it up in case you didn't see it yourself on television or hear it yourself on radio).

The context of the speech was economic decline. In the event, Lamberto Dini came along a few years later, he tweaked the pension system a bit, and that was it as far as reforms - economic, political or otherwise - ever went (don't kid yourself), and everything seemed alright until the international financial crisis of 2007-2009 and Italy's triple-dip and ongoing recession since then.

But I sensed by 1997 that the problems were too far gone and no solution was possible. And I perceived then the message from Italy's ruling class to young ambitious people, the message from Italy's fiscal policy, loud and clear: BEAT IT, GET THE F*** OUT, FAST, and don't let the door boot you in the ass as you're leaving.

So, like an obedient son, I heeded that message loud and clear and left Italy for good, I pursued my business from abroad, still serving mainly Italian banks and multinationals, making more than three times the average in my sector, finally settling in a country with low marginal tax rates (by 2014 Fiat - now CNH Industrial and FCA, based in UK, Netherlands and US - copied my example, what took you so long? Hahahahaha!!! ) and, perhaps crazily, brought children into this world, but at least on much more fertile soil.

That's all I can tell you for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
systematic disappearance of the resident population ... do you think that relations of alliance, political and commercial with the US and the State of Israel will be affected? ...

Perhaps Greece will not be the only one to throw off the towel
You mean throw in the towel (give up) or throw off the chain around their necks (try to save themselves)?

I don't know.

But where's there is life there is hope. You never know - and here is some wishful thinking -, these Syriza people could actually turn out to be quite pragmatic, perhaps using Kalifornia as a model rather than, say, Venezuela or Cuba or opting for an alliance with Russia.

Perhaps the Italians still remaining in Italy, when thinking 50-60 years into the future, should look back to Italy's 1250-1500 period, after the Muslim (attempted) invasions but before the (final) European (successful) invasions. (I think you know and understand Italian and Venetian history well enough to understand what I am talking about, forget about the other Europeans on this sub-forum).

But maybe not.

Good luck to you, miticoman, good luck.

I don't fully regret having dedicated so much of my youth to that moribund country, I learned a lot and have been greatly blessed, but I never saw with my own eyes the great mosaics of Ravenna - my greatest regret - and I hope I can return there in time to see them before ISIS or some such destroys them. Ask Palmyra.

Last edited by bale002; 06-27-2015 at 05:15 PM..

Old 06-28-2015, 01:07 AM

To Bale

Post extremely sincere and interesting, it is difficult to determine the causes of the decline in the 1944/45 --- the picciotti.--- have contributed decisively to resolve the case, but ... no one has stopped their career, while in USA they are all at leash. Nowadays a lot of our best minds fly abroad creating wealth in the countries where they are welcomed..but... they leave a huge void here... what a pity..both we and the Greeks (they are trying to save themselves) were discussing philosophical theses while the barbarians were... just barbarians
Here resident ppl reflects, in private life, the attitudes of ... power ppl, that's why they not fight the system, the common motto.. think Italian as an Italian think, the concept will sound strange to Europeans's ears .. but it works in this way
I was very pleased to read you my best wishes to you too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe