Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 11:37 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,568,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
The other one in the "related content" is even more idiotic, and full of sad neoimperialism.

Parthenon marbles: Greece's claim is nationalist rhetoric that deserves to fail | Art and design | The Guardian
In this respect, I'm on Greece's side. The Parthenon is their creation and should be admired in the place was made. So in this case we have some thieves as well, but this time is the Brits. And yes, every archaeological artefact should be returned to the place were was discovered, if that country claims this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Europe has to be careful here for there are historical parallels that speak much to where the conflict can go if both sides don't get a handle on the situation.
Oh, the money's former owners should be careful as the Greeks, who took it, may become upset. The problem has a comedic side but aren't the Greeks inventors of comedy as well?

Old 07-20-2015, 11:56 AM

172 posts, read 178,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
For one thing you should be worried about what is happening in Greece. Even though you're on the other side of the channel and have the pound read this:

​Greek debt crisis a threat to UK financial system – Bank of England — RT UK

You shouldn't use RT to prove your points. The articles at RT are completely biased. According to RT the American economy will collapse in just a few weeks, all policemen in the U.S. are racists, and Putin is the most honest people on earth.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:36 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,819,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorianD View Post
You shouldn't use RT to prove your points. The articles at RT are completely biased. According to RT the American economy will collapse in just a few weeks, all policemen in the U.S. are racists, and Putin is the most honest people on earth.
I have never seen a newspaper as propagandist as Russia Today, only a fool would take one of their articles seriously

Old 07-20-2015, 02:23 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,626,773 times
RT ...arguably the 'mole' coursing through Western news lit.....;-)...read but know 'what they're doin' it for...sports is ok I'd say..people know everything about sports!

Old 07-20-2015, 02:47 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,402,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
I have never seen a newspaper as propagandist as Russia Today, only a fool would take one of their articles seriously
As if those that read and hear mainstream media in the west and believe it are not!

Old 07-21-2015, 05:38 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,058,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
For one thing you should be worried about what is happening in Greece. Even though you're on the other side of the channel and have the pound read this:

​Greek debt crisis a threat to UK financial system – Bank of England — RT UK
Listen the 'knock on' effect of the Greek crisis is going to pose problems for more than just the UK! You may have noticed but the worlds currencies are all tied, the 'knock on' effect will spread further than just Europe.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:03 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,156,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPATHIAN View Post
In this respect, I'm on Greece's side. The Parthenon is their creation and should be admired in the place was made. So in this case we have some thieves as well, but this time is the Brits. And yes, every archaeological artefact should be returned to the place were was discovered, if that country claims this.
If the Greeks weren't such jerks, I would also be on their side. But since they are, possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Except, of course, for our media which would make Goebbels and Stalin proud. Don't believe me? Watch when they report the next month's inflation rate. The job market is still awful, but it's all peaches and cream to Pravda on the Potomac.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:18 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,402,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
If the Greeks weren't such jerks, I would also be on their side. But since they are, possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Except, of course, for our media which would make Goebbels and Stalin proud. Don't believe me? Watch when they report the next month's inflation rate. The job market is still awful, but it's all peaches and cream to Pravda on the Potomac.
Nobody could be more jerks than the citizens of those countries in the west that allowed their leaders and organizations to scam others and themselves. They would even justify any outright theft and not just the marbles.

According to the western media everything is peachy here also.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:15 PM

181 posts, read 232,312 times
Uh, I'm sorry but why is a Europe without Finland not that hard to imagine???? Without Finland, Europe would lose the biggest member of the Uralic language family. It wouldn't be the same continent anymore!

Old 07-22-2015, 01:35 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,076,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Except feta, what good has came from Greece since AD500?
What bad has Greece done since AD500?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.