Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 05:38 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,075,652 times

Advertisements

Just found this thread on another forum.....

most dangerous area u have been 2

This is what the OP of that thread had to say about Dublin Ireland.....

"hey im new and bash me for doing this thread but im not up 2 date with all the other threads and i just wanted 2 make 1 there most likly is a thread about this but meh ...well lets get 2 the topic
most dangerous or scary area you have been 2 ...well on a trip 2 ireland the capital city dublin i was expecting nice irish people the odd drunk and preety girls but by god i didnt come across any of those...going throw an area there called inchicore i came across the worse looking houses housing projects and the scariest looking people i have seen worst then angry blacks and latinos,wearing full tracksuits not baggie using brands such as lacoste and air max football jersys little kids goin around smoking joints ...the stares i got in that car was horrible ,people going around on horses throwing bricks at houses a bonfire with loads of lad throwing dogs and cats in really unsettling the amount of fights knife fights i saw and the unfortune of seeing someone getting shoot that was only in the car for around 10 minutes i wonder what its like 2 live dere o god ,i also on my trip there got mugged punched in the face around 12 times threatened chased and my mums car was bricked .WORST HOLIDAY EVER
u tink compton is bad go 2 inchicore dublin
look wat happened when i typed in inchicore on the internet hahaha"

Is what that guy was saying correct?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:43 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,652,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
Just found this thread on another forum.....

most dangerous area u have been 2

This is what the OP of that thread had to say about Dublin Ireland.....

"hey im new and bash me for doing this thread but im not up 2 date with all the other threads and i just wanted 2 make 1 there most likly is a thread about this but meh ...well lets get 2 the topic
most dangerous or scary area you have been 2 ...well on a trip 2 ireland the capital city dublin i was expecting nice irish people the odd drunk and preety girls but by god i didnt come across any of those...going throw an area there called inchicore i came across the worse looking houses housing projects and the scariest looking people i have seen worst then angry blacks and latinos,wearing full tracksuits not baggie using brands such as lacoste and air max football jersys little kids goin around smoking joints ...the stares i got in that car was horrible ,people going around on horses throwing bricks at houses a bonfire with loads of lad throwing dogs and cats in really unsettling the amount of fights knife fights i saw and the unfortune of seeing someone getting shoot that was only in the car for around 10 minutes i wonder what its like 2 live dere o god ,i also on my trip there got mugged punched in the face around 12 times threatened chased and my mums car was bricked .WORST HOLIDAY EVER
u tink compton is bad go 2 inchicore dublin
look wat happened when i typed in inchicore on the internet hahaha"

Is what that guy was saying correct?????

Old 08-15-2015, 10:24 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,258,522 times
I would think not. I don't know Dublin well though.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:47 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,183,744 times
Punched in the face twelve times...hm.

Sounds like he must be an annoying bloke.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:03 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,179 times
Throwibg cats and dogs into a bonfire? Riding around on horses? U wot m8?

Old 08-22-2015, 06:13 AM

11 posts, read 19,190 times
Actually, believe it or not, in some urban working class areas of Dublin, having a horse is not uncommon. But this guy seems to be exaggerating, most areas of Dublin are not like that at all. Seems odd he would have seen all this on one short holiday. He's either very very unlucky, or just exaggerating i reckon.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:18 AM

11 posts, read 19,190 times
But reading it again, Dublin can be very gritty and deprived in places. Big heroin problems, violence and alcohol etc. But i think you can find those areas in many supposedly cultured and safe cities across the world. Unfortunately, in our capitalistic societies, there's always the forgotten urban poor.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:14 PM

24 posts, read 25,141 times
When I was about 19-20 years old my boyfriend and me made a journey to Ireland. The planning was kinda spontanous. When the plane was landing in Dublin it was about midnight and we took a taxi to the main train station of Dublin. We wanted to take the first "night train" to the west coast region of the island and to wait for it in the (warm) station building. When we arrived at about 01.00 a.m. there was no train parting and the station building was closed. We decided to wait in front of the building and hoped the first trains would start at about 04.00 a.m or so. But the station building did not open before 06.00 a.m. That was such a cold, cold night of september and we weren't even the only tourists "camping" infront of the station ;-)
But we didn't see any people who looked dangerous and never felt unsafety at any time. I don't think that Dublin is a very dangerous city. I really loved Ireland and had a wonderful (and rainfree) time there. It is such a beautiful country and the inhabitants are probably the friendliest people in the world! I will surely come back there one day!

Old 08-22-2015, 05:27 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,521,357 times
The Irish are a terrific race and dublins a great city ( had a stag weekend there ) the ppl are decent the most expensive place I've had a beer in but well worth a visit

Old 08-23-2015, 06:14 AM

576 posts, read 422,044 times
There are parts of Dublin that a rougher and more deprived then others like most other cities, that said it doesn't mean everyone in that area is a bad person, its usually a minority of people in those areas that cause problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe