Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 08:30 AM

24,592 posts, read 10,909,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretina View Post
Hahahah free housing in a ghetto suburb, sub par health care and 400 euros in Germany is like pocket change. I lived in Germany. You cannot support a family on 400 euros. There is virtually no difference between a migrant family living in Russia or Germany. Also, you think the Germans will happily give them jobs or careers? Think again. They will be discriminated from the moment they set foot in the country until the day they leave. There are barely enough jobs for German born citizens and legal immigrants there whats makes you think there are enough for hundred of thousands of migrants?
Time to do homework)) A family of four easily comes over 1k plus housing/heating/medical and additional funds for personal circumstances such as pregnancy.
Hartz 4 Regelsatz - 399
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 11:52 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They are still illegals, which counters your claim that Russia is not a destination for illegal immigration. They are mostly from former Soviet states because they border or are close Russia, just the same that the largest number of illegals in the US are from Mexico because guess what, Mexico borders the US.
You aren't following the conversation; you're obviously Russian and offended that people know Russia is poor/undeveloped and not a destination for immigration.

Yes, there are some immigrants in Russia, because Russia is surrounded by even poorer countries. Just like Mexico has many illegal immigrants from Central America, and just like Brazil and Venezuela have many illegal immigrants from neighboring countries, just like Turkey has illegals, just like Thailand has illegals, Russia gets immigrants from neighboring countries even poorer and more troubled than the host country.

But that doesn't mean that Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil and Russia are desirable places for immigrants, or realistic destinations for refugees. It just means they are located next to countries which are even more poor and desperate.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:55 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Time to do homework)) A family of four easily comes over 1k plus housing/heating/medical and additional funds for personal circumstances such as pregnancy.
Hartz 4 Regelsatz - 399
Yes. As I previously stated, each person gets 400 EUR a month. It isn't per family, it's per person. When your housing and utilities and food are free, then 400 EUR per person is certainly enough to have a decent life.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:04 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Really though, for Europe I say screw them, let them reap what they sow. If Germany wants to let in 800,000 Muslims into their country (for just this year alone), then the population who elected the government in should be just fine with it. If people in Germany, Sweden, Finland, etc rather have their tax dollars go towards "refugees" instead of improving the quality of life for citizens in the country, so be it. As long as the citizen is happy that he/she works and part of that day's salary is going towards not improvement of their lives, but to "refugees", then let it be how it is.

Their policies towards the Arab Spring, Libya, Syria, Iraq, etc have been absurd, many people, including myself and many other posters here on this forum, have been stating for years how idiotic these policies are, and what the consequences are going to be. In Robert Gates' book Duty, he even provided what ended up being a prophecy in what Russia's concerns were when the whole Arab Sp[ring issue started, something the US and West basically blew off as being "Russian hype" and the general principle of "if Russia is concerned about it, that means we should do it".

I do think the US is pushing this though, and it is the perfect storm with local European political leaders as well. The US gets out of it an overwhelmed EU, and eventual loss of economic competitiveness with the US (a bonus for the US), and a select few local EU leaders get a bonus of support, in which those who just love these "refugees" will always vote for the party who supports them, and as these refugees gain voting rights, their kids do, etc, the party that supported them will always retain political power, and gain as more refugees come in and establish themselves.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:20 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
You aren't following the conversation; you're obviously Russian and offended that people know Russia is poor/undeveloped and not a destination for immigration.
I am not Russian, I am American, not even a single Russian is in my family tree.

Quote:
Yes, there are some immigrants in Russia, because Russia is surrounded by even poorer countries. Just like Mexico has many illegal immigrants from Central America, and just like Brazil and Venezuela have many illegal immigrants from neighboring countries, just like Turkey has illegals, just like Thailand has illegals, Russia gets immigrants from neighboring countries even poorer and more troubled than the host country.
But you stated Russia is not a destination for immigrants, I stated you are incorrect, and showed you the numbers. Russia does have real problems with illegal immigration. Ever been to Moscow? The running joke is you are lucky to find a Russian there.

Quote:
But that doesn't mean that Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil and Russia are desirable places for immigrants, or realistic destinations for refugees. It just means they are located next to countries which are even more poor and desperate.
Those countries are desirable compared to where the immigrants come from. Despite what you want to think, Russia is not that bad of a place to live, not as bad as you and other posters make it out to be at least (have you ever even visited there, let alone lived there?). It has bad places of course, but so does the US.

I am not really sure what specific things you refer to when you say "Russia is poor/undeveloped". What is poor about it? Yes, there are poor people, the US even has poor people to the point tens of millions are receiving government support. The thing Russia lacks compared to the US is the lack of social programs; an American making $8/hr is going to be living a s**t poor life without government handouts.

Undeveloped? In what way? They have electricity, water, sewer, Internet, cell coverage, cell data coverage, etc. Obviously their Internet is great given the number of online gamers Russia has, if it was so poor, they would not have such a presence. So, what exactly do you mean by "undeveloped"? Have you ever been there or lived there?

When I lived there, let's see; great mass transit, my 3g worked great, cell coverage was great, sewer fine, heat fine, no AC but I did not have AC in the US either nor in London, great nightlife, etc. Hospitals suck, Ladas suck, I choose only Airbus or Boeing when possible; so ok, what exact things do you mean when you say "undeveloped?"

Old 08-30-2015, 07:37 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokakronan View Post
Indeed, many Syrian Christians, divided in 5 denominatios, and different Islamic denominations, a large number, that are equally exterminated on sight.

Syrian Christian are Assad supporters, as Iraki Christians.

I don't think that religion is the real problem. I visited Syria a few years after the war and what people complained about was that Assad's clan controlled absolutely everything. Damasc was thriving, magnificent, but you always heard the same.

I visited many churches, I was quite surprised because in some, Christians and Muslims prayed together to the same saints.
They didn't realize when they've had it good, did they?
So the "bloody tyrant" has received a mortal blow, I hope they can get what they were craving so badly ( whatever it was.)

Old 08-30-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
There is also the option that they may be active supporters of neither Assad nor the IS, and no longer believe that it is safe for them in Syria no matter which of these two get the upper hand. I could hardly blame any Syrian who despaired of his country and fled, and certainly not those that are Christian or Alawite as these two will be undoubtedly exterminated if caught by the IS.
Exactly. These people are simply escaping the war now, and direct threat to their lives.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPATHIAN View Post
Why don't they seek refuge in Russia? Lot of space and, I suppose, job opportunities.

This invasion that takes place may start a civil war, ending with the deportation of older immigrants. Natives are not wanting to get it anymore.
I would guess that if Russia would have been closer, some of them would try to do it.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretina View Post
You think they will be any better off in Germany? They will still be on the streets. In Russia they have a higher chance of starting a community in the Ural mountains than being a successful German.
Up to a certain degree, yes. I think that Syrians out of all people could have had this advantage of being accepted by Russians.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
This post cannot be serious. I know we Americans are the blame for everything but really??? What would make anyone think we are even capable of this kind of manipulation of world events? Our power and influence is not what you obviously think it is. Maybe Dr. Evil is sitting in a bunker under the White House making all this happen

In all seriousness this immigrant thing is a total disaster. I understand European nations trying to secure their border, and their reluctance to let these people stay. They will surly bring their Islamic culture, further changing the cultures of the European nations. I also get why they felt the need to leave Syria, Isis, Assad and all the other nutcase terrorist running around. Maybe it is time to consider a major NATO and allied Arab states military intervention in Syria to stabilize that embattled nation. The insanity there has to stop, the instability of Syria is wreaking havoc upon Iraq, threatening Jordan and Turkey and now mass immigration into Europe. Enough is enough, ISIS and Assad need to go.
I would think money, military and American geopolitical interests - that's what makes America quite capable of this kind of manipulations of the world events. ( That this planning is made behind the closed doors, without the knowledge of an average American - that's already a different story.)

P.S. And who has "destabilized" Syria but the very "Arab states" that you suggest to join in "restoring the order?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe