Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 03:32 PM

77 posts, read 99,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Yes, pretty much correct. A good summary of Western Europe's current path.

I'm just glad that I'm probably not young enough to see Western Europe destroyed. It will probably take 50 years before Europe fully resembles the Middle East, and I might not be around.
That is just negative thinking. Our new countrymen are hard working, honest people who were in a bad place. The enemy is not these hardworking migrants. The enemy is racism and ignorance. The future is bright for us you see, because by continuing to increase our diversity we are showing that racism has no place among us! As Europeans we need to keep our minds open and remember that all cultures are equal. We are creating a new Europe where all people can look beyond the color of their skin and eliminate poverty for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 03:33 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,286,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmann View Post
That is OK, we support each other in Europe!

Our new countrymen are hard working, honest people who were in a bad place. The enemy is not these hardworking migrants. The enemy is racism and ignorance. The future is bright for us you see, because by continuing to increase our diversity we are showing that racism has no place among us! As Europeans we need to keep our minds open and remember that all cultures are equal. We are creating a new Europe where all people can look beyond the color of their skin and eliminate poverty for all.
" all cultures are equal "

do you really believe that ?

Old 09-12-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
" all cultures are equal "

do you really believe that ?
All cultures are equal and all lives matter. I agree that we are far down the road to a egalitarian society free of poverty and racism. It is with the current show of humanitarianism by Europeans towards migrants that our future is looking brighter than ever. We need to prepare for the refugees who are going to come in the next years as well so our governments should do all we can to combat subconscious racism and American type skepticism of government policies.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:50 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,537,512 times
Quote:
All cultures are equal and all lives matter.
Said the spider to the fly...

Humans yes... "all are created in the image of God" as the saying goes. All are born innocent, and all have value.

Not so sure about cultures. Different cultures produce different values. Not all are the same and many indeed clash.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
All cultures are equal and all lives matter. I agree that we are far down the road to a egalitarian society free of poverty and racism. It is with the current show of humanitarianism by Europeans towards migrants that our future is looking brighter than ever. We need to prepare for the refugees who are going to come in the next years as well so our governments should do all we can to combat subconscious racism and American type skepticism of government policies.
i think you are being satirical

if enough muslims come to europe , europe will no longer be a place where liberty and religous freedom reign , of that there is no doubt , these people dont leave behind their views at the arrivals halls of airports

none of this however changes the fact that america is to blame for this entire mess and it is there where these people should be brought to if they are indeed in mortal danger , merkel has gone down in my estimation this past few weeks , she has not just lumped this on her own country but on the rest of europe

have to admire the hungarians for showing an independent streak on the matter , people need to realise that the world is for the most part a grim place , theoretically a billion people from all over asia and africa could head for europe , do we turn them away ? , if we take in a million syrians , will that be enough to assuage our guilt ? , how is that fair to the people in the congo , sudan , countless other failed states where people suffer just as much as in syria or iraq

being nice is fine but it comes at a price , that price maybe the survival of europe as we currently know it and i realise that i will be dead before things really change but change it will with such a demographic shift as appears to be about to happen

Old 09-12-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
i think you are being satirical

if enough muslims come to europe , europe will no longer be a place where liberty and religous freedom reign , of that there is no doubt , these people dont leave behind their views at the arrivals halls of airports

none of this however changes the fact that america is to blame for this entire mess and it is there where these people should be brought to if they are indeed in mortal danger , merkel has gone down in my estimation this past few weeks , she has not just lumped this on her own country but on the rest of europe

have to admire the hungarians for showing an independent streak on the matter , people need to realise that the world is for the most part a grim place , theoretically a billion people from all over asia and africa could head for europe , do we turn them away ? , if we take in a million syrians , will that be enough to assuage our guilt ? , how is that fair to the people in the congo , sudan , countless other failed states where people suffer just as much as in syria or iraq

being nice is fine but it comes at a price , that price maybe the survival of europe as we currently know it and i realise that i will be dead before things really change but change it will with such a demographic shift as appears to be about to happen
No Bob Europe will survive stronger than ever. The immigrants are not destroying Europe (only radical racists believe in that type of propaganda) the refugees are strengthening our cultures by giving us opportunities to make a difference. Now we can learn more about different cultures. If we always stay closed off from others than racism reigns supreme. We dont even have to bring up the strengthening that they bring to our economies.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Europe will survive stronger than ever, don't you think? The immigrants are not destroying Europe (only radical racists believe in that type of propaganda) the refugees are strengthening our cultures by giving us opportunities to make a difference. Now we can learn more about different cultures. If we always stay closed off from others than racism reigns supreme.
which country are you from may i ask ?

Old 09-12-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
which country are you from may i ask ?
I am a citizen of the world who happened to be born in Germany.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:46 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
I am a citizen of the world who happened to be born in Germany.
Then why does Germany only allow these refugees in? Why can I not immigrate there?

If Germany values all cultures and diversity so much, then why is it only those form the 2nd and 3rd world can claim "refugee" and get in, yet highly educated and skilled people from say the US, cannot just fly there and get support form the government until they get on their feet?

This is where this whole "we need immigrant" argument fails; the "need" seems to be only from select s**thole countries, while barrier after barrier are thrown up against people from first world countries.

I tried to relocate to Sweden once, no way, no how, freaking impossible, yet Sweden "needs immigrants" as their refugee supporters (including the gov) scream.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:15 PM

273 posts, read 349,765 times
Quote:
That is just negative thinking. Our new countrymen are hard working, honest people who were in a bad place. The enemy is not these hardworking migrants. The enemy is racism and ignorance. The future is bright for us you see, because by continuing to increase our diversity we are showing that racism has no place among us! As Europeans we need to keep our minds open and remember that all cultures are equal. We are creating a new Europe where all people can look beyond the color of their skin and eliminate poverty for all.
I love the sarcasm; I needed a good laugh after a hard days work, thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe