Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 07:43 PM

273 posts, read 349,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
So let's sum this up.

The problems:

- A native population that is dying off, dwindling by about 25% each generation
- A population that is utterly reliant on mathematically unsustainable welfare states
- An exponentially growing population of unassimilated foreign youth living in ghettos
- An economy that is in constant decline with no signs of healing

The offered solutions:

- Import millions more unskilled foreigners who posses a culture that is totally at odds with your own
- Continue to raise taxes on the population to create more social welfare programs
- Claim to be victims of American imperialism

Is that about right?
Something drastic needs to be done, that's for sure. I think it should be mandatory in Western European counties that all NATIVE European women have at least two children by age thirty-two, if they refuse than tax them at 80 percent. If they have more than two kids, reduce their taxes by 50 percent or just give them an extra 25,000 euros per year. All unmarried men over age 32 should also be taxed at 80% regardless of their income.

This may sound a bit draconian but if something along these lines isn't implemented in the near future, the European people and their culture will be extinct and that would be bad for the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 07:54 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,190,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Valencia View Post
Something drastic needs to be done, that's for sure. I think it should be mandatory in Western European counties that all NATIVE European women have at least two children by age thirty-two, if they refuse than tax them at 80 percent. If they have more than two kids, reduce their taxes by 50 percent or just give them an extra 25,000 euros per year. All unmarried men over age 32 should also be taxed at 80% regardless of their income.

This may sound a bit draconian but if something along these lines isn't implemented in the near future, the European people and their culture will be extinct and that would be bad for the world.
Nooooo.... not at all. What a good idea. Let's do that.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:11 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
Never seen a John Wayne movie in my life..I watch more Dowton Abbey..I find the English amusing..
Yes because Downtown Abbey is also an accurate depiction of 'the English' right!!!??? It's good that you get your history from film and TV, it means you can show your 'expertise' on here!

Old 09-12-2015, 08:17 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:

Why?

There is no population crisis, Europe does not need any more people. European culture generally has evolved to the point where even with a lavish social system, they take personal responsibility and not pump out kids unless they can afford it, with no expectation of taxpayers forking over for their kids. This is in contrast to many other people (maybe we can call it cultures/subcultures) where there is an expectation that they should be bale to pump out kid after kid and have the taxpayers pay for them.

Their culture is not going to go extinct, the culture was developed having far less people than what there are today.

Anyway, your suggestion is absurd.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:36 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,458,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

There are already millions and millions of immigrants flooding Europe. Now Germany and Sweden have encouraged millions more, but this time "refugees" of which Germany reports 20% are illiterate. But, not to worry, Saudi Arabia has promised to build 200 new Wahhabi mosques in Germany. That offer should really help with integration...
source?

https://twitter.com/ajaltamimi/statu...35520221564928

Old 09-12-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Nooooo.... not at all. What a good idea. Let's do that.
Why do you scoff at my ideas and suggestions? I'm trying to think outside of the box and offer constructive solutions for Europe's dismal demographic situation. Clearly, what's going on right now is unsustainable and doesn't bode well for the future and prosperity of Europe.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Why do you scoff at my ideas and suggestions? I'm trying to think outside of the box and offer constructive solutions for Europe's dismal demographic situation. Clearly, what's going on right now is unsustainable and doesn't bode well for the future and prosperity of Europe.
There is no demographic crisis in Europe. Europe has over 600 million people crammed into an area the size of half of the lower 48 USA; exactly how many damn people do you think should be crammed in there?

Old 09-12-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Why?

There is no population crisis, Europe does not need any more people. European culture generally has evolved to the point where even with a lavish social system, they take personal responsibility and not pump out kids unless they can afford it, with no expectation of taxpayers forking over for their kids. This is in contrast to many other people (maybe we can call it cultures/subcultures) where there is an expectation that they should be bale to pump out kid after kid and have the taxpayers pay for them.

Their culture is not going to go extinct, the culture was developed having far less people than what there are today.

Anyway, your suggestion is absurd.
I wouldn't say my suggestion is absurd, perhaps it's a bit ambitious and unrealistic considering how PC Western Europe has become.

When you think about it, people that go through life not reproducing are placing the tax burden to fund their retirement on other people's children. If they want to go through life not having children, that's fine and it's their decision but they should pay more in taxes to make up for the difference.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:08 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Why do you scoff at my ideas and suggestions?
Because may be ( just may be) she is that very European woman targeted by your "shoulds."
Quote:
I'm trying to think outside of the box and offer constructive solutions for Europe's dismal demographic situation.
When you are trying to "think outside of the box" on this subject, you start sounding like a Russian. Some of them are coming up with the same ideas)))

Old 09-12-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't say my suggestion is absurd, perhaps it's a bit ambitious and unrealistic considering how PC Western Europe has become.

When you think about it, people that go through life not reproducing are placing the tax burden to fund their retirement on other people's children. If they want to go through life not having children, that's fine and it's their decision but they should pay more in taxes to make up for the difference.
How the retirement system was set up is not their concern, if people have issue with how it is set up, then they should vote to change it.

Children take up a tax burden, schools and medical, so someone not having kids is paying out for people with kids, so it basically balances out. But essentially, people without kids do pay more in taxes (speaking about the US also where the burden is even more). I for example have a large amount of my property taxes go towards schools, yet I have no kids in school, and even better, there are people with three or four kids in school who pay far, far less in taxes towards schools.

A retired person may or may not take in more than they paid, you are talking about 40 years worth of paying into a gov mandated retirement fund; how much is that? Of course depends on how much the person made, but that is a good chunk of change.

But in any case, a gov mandated retirement system that is set up basically as a ponzi scheme needs to be abolished as it is destined to fail at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe