Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 09:34 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Valencia View Post
Why do you scoff at my ideas and suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Because may be ( just may be) she is that very European woman targeted by your "shoulds."

(too tired to say more than that.)

BTW your suggestions like you call them were so unrealistic that I'm still wondering how on Earth you could have come up with them in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 09:57 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Why are you so dismissive?

There is nothing wrong with the Lebanese newspaper being "pro-Assad," so we better look into this whole thing closer.

Amid Muslim Refugee Crisis, Saudi Arabia Vows To Build 200 Mosques In Germany

Old 09-12-2015, 09:58 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmann View Post
All cultures are equal and all lives matter.
If enough people really think that death cults like ISIS and Al Qaeda and European movements like the Renaissance and the Enlightenment are exactly the same in value, then Western Europe is truly doomed, and it won't even take one generation.

Sorry, but all cultures aren't equal and all lives don't matter.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:44 PM

659 posts, read 940,993 times
OMG.
Have you all ever been to the Middle East? And I don't mean only the war-torn areas.

Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and the like... is a wonderful country. Just because it's over-run by corruption, doesn't mean that the culture, religion, people, and lands are horrible. I'm getting increasingly tired of the intolerance in America. For a country that prides itself for being a melting pot, you sure are acting clique-ish.

Islam is a beautiful religion, Judaism is a beautiful religion, Christianity is a beautiful religion. All three are "brother" religions, they have some differences but all three generally follow the SAME principles. Like the extreme Christians that burned innocent women at the stake during the Salem Witch trials, or the Christians that took up arms as the Knights Templar and conquered countries............... there WILL be bad apples in Judaism and Islam.

If the world can move on from the evils of Christianity and Judaism, if they can separate the religion from the evil religious extremists, then WHY CAN'T YOU ALL DO THAT WITH FOLLOWERS OF ISLAM?

Not all Islam followers are members of ISIS, not all Muslims WANT Shariah law. Stop ASSuming that just because one is Muslim they are part of ISIS or want repressive Shariah law!

On that note, I feel for the refugees, I really do. I wonder if they can ask for asylum status?

Old 09-13-2015, 12:01 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
OMG.
Have you all ever been to the Middle East? And I don't mean only the war-torn areas.

Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and the like... is a wonderful country. Just because it's over-run by corruption, doesn't mean that the culture, religion, people, and lands are horrible. I'm getting increasingly tired of the intolerance in America. For a country that prides itself for being a melting pot, you sure are acting clique-ish.

Islam is a beautiful religion, Judaism is a beautiful religion, Christianity is a beautiful religion. All three are "brother" religions, they have some differences but all three generally follow the SAME principles. Like the extreme Christians that burned innocent women at the stake during the Salem Witch trials, or the Christians that took up arms as the Knights Templar and conquered countries............... there WILL be bad apples in Judaism and Islam.

If the world can move on from the evils of Christianity and Judaism, if they can separate the religion from the evil religious extremists, then WHY CAN'T YOU ALL DO THAT WITH FOLLOWERS OF ISLAM?

Not all Islam followers are members of ISIS, not all Muslims WANT Shariah law. Stop ASSuming that just because one is Muslim they are part of ISIS or want repressive Shariah law!

On that note, I feel for the refugees, I really do. I wonder if they can ask for asylum status?
Intolerance in America? You brag about how great ME countries and their people are, and then you criticize how intolerant the US is?

Try even doing half the things you do in the US over in those countries and see how just great their tolerance is. Tolerance and the government is a direct reflection of the people and culture.

Saudi Arabia is the most brutal regime in the world next to North Korea. There is absolutely nothing wonderful about a brutal dictatorship that runs a repressive state, how anyone can say that country is great shows just how delusional they are. The rest on your list are garbage, the people, culture, everything is garbage. Given a choice, every damn one of them would flee to this "intolerant" US.

And no, not all Muslims are radicals, but they really turn a blind eye to them, so silence and lack of action in my book is the same as agreement. Their governments and society generally supports extremism and at the minimum, cultural superiority.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:19 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
There is no demographic crisis in Europe. Europe has over 600 million people crammed into an area the size of half of the lower 48 USA; exactly how many damn people do you think should be crammed in there?

I agree that's too much people, but why do you people always think the US is bigger than Europe? I mean with the Russian part it's even bigger as the lower 48. Do you guys have different maps or what???

Old 09-13-2015, 12:22 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,681,680 times
This makes no sense, no need to bail out and the Us can't do it anyway. Plus the U.S and Europe should both be taking in more refugees.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:28 AM

659 posts, read 940,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Intolerance in America? You brag about how great ME countries and their people are, and then you criticize how intolerant the US is?

Try even doing half the things you do in the US over in those countries and see how just great their tolerance is. Tolerance and the government is a direct reflection of the people and culture.

Saudi Arabia is the most brutal regime in the world next to North Korea. There is absolutely nothing wonderful about a brutal dictatorship that runs a repressive state, how anyone can say that country is great shows just how delusional they are. The rest on your list are garbage, the people, culture, everything is garbage. Given a choice, every damn one of them would flee to this "intolerant" US.

And no, not all Muslims are radicals, but they really turn a blind eye to them, so silence and lack of action in my book is the same as agreement. Their governments and society generally supports extremism and at the minimum, cultural superiority.

Sorry maybe in your case I should've said IGNORANCE.
Keep drinking the Kool-Aid Fox Media gives you. It does wonders for your IQ...

Old 09-13-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
I agree that's too much people, but why do you people always think the US is bigger than Europe? I mean with the Russian part it's even bigger as the lower 48. Do you guys have different maps or what???
I was just throwing it out randomly. I was not including Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus, though they are part of Europe. Europe of course is bigger than the US lower 48, but I was really addressing those countries who would be involved in this subject. I should have clarified myself better.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
Sorry maybe in your case I should've said IGNORANCE.
Keep drinking the Kool-Aid Fox Media gives you. It does wonders for your IQ...
Fox media? What does a news station/media company have to do with this? Do you have a habit of just tossing out random media companies in your debates?

You are the one that bragged about how great those countries are, and then stated just how intolerant the US is. You are delusional if you think any of those countries are even a fraction as tolerant as the US is. Go to Saudi Arabia and start preaching Christianity and see just how tolerant the country is. Go to any of those countries and try to act as you do in the US and see just how tolerant those societies are, some do not even allow women out in public without covering their head.

Those societies and cultures are garbage, excusing them does not improve them, criticizing them does.

You know what makes the US so great? It is because we criticize ourselves, that is why we are how we are today. If we just accepted the status quo as it was in 1776, we would have never progressed past 1776. The US is not the only country that does this. The USSR same thing, self criticism led to its dissolution, thus improvements.

You just want to rant and rave on how grand these societies in the ME are, the same ones in which their people are doing all they can to escape. Except their people are not escaping the cause of their society, which is their cultural attitudes, this is why the areas they all collect in seem like a subset of what they came from, only not slipping further due to the strong rule of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe