Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 07:42 AM

401 posts, read 534,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
1) The US ignited everything by illegally invading Iraq in 2003 and then supplying arms to "rebels"
2) The US are allies with the most disgusting countries on earth: KSA and Gulf monarchies which have supplies and funded the terrorism all over the world.
3) The US have meddled into the Middle East since....WWII?
4) The US are actually fighting ISIS with their coalition, do you think your country is really fighting?
5) Russia is about to do that, strangely the US are warier of Russian than ISIS (I'm not a Putin fanboy btw)
6) The US are the superpower and the policeman of the world, or they do define themselves as such.
7) NATO (and UN) is an organisation including almost all European countries and US-led, so don't you wonder again why hasn't ISIS be annihilated?
8) If you don't find suspicious the ties between the US and KSA/Gulf monarchies, then there's no need to discuss.
9) If you don't find disgusting how some Western countries (US, France, UK and perhaps others) have funded, supplied and supported ISIS and other Jihadists forces, then I guess there's no need to discuss.

The US never bailed out "us", not in WWI and not even in WWII.
I take it you don`t like the US - but don`t you feel you went a little overboard? You can`t blame the US for all miseries in the world..some, but not all.

But like you say, no need to discuss. So said Mussolini and Hitler during WW2, which still would have ruled your country if it wasn`t for the Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 07:53 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,825,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
You realise that the Conservatives are in power in Germany, right?
Merkel a conservative? Maybe by European standards.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:04 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
I take it you don`t like the US - but don`t you feel you went a little overboard? You can`t blame the US for all miseries in the world..some, but not all.

But like you say, no need to discuss. So said Mussolini and Hitler during WW2, which still would have ruled your country if it wasn`t for the Americans.
I don't have anything against the US per se, I have though a functioning brain allowing me to wonder and question.
I never denied the complicity of many other governments into the mess, Russia has done and is doing many horrible stuff, China as well and so on.
About WWII, the matter is a little more complicated than that, just a little.
To your correction, with all likelihood we would've been a communist dictatorship given the fact that the USSR defeat Nazis.
The role the US have in the matter (esp. ISIS) is huge, you can ignore it or acknowledge it.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:37 AM

Oh yes, WW2 is a little more complicated - you got that right.

One can question if the Soviet would have reached Berlin at all if it wasn`t for the assistance of the second front in Europe. If the allies had not landed in Normandy, Hitler could have thrown in his blunt force at Soviet. Stalin pushed Churchill/Roosevelt for years for creating second front.

Not to mention the Murmansk convoys. Ever heard of them? Not understanding history gives you an disadvantage with not understanding the present.

Hitler knew he was screwed the moment the US entered WW2 in Europe - and so did Japan.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:54 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
Oh yes, WW2 is a little more complicated - you got that right.

One can question if the Soviet would have reached Berlin at all if it wasn`t for the assistance of the second front in Europe.
You mean 20% of all German forces?
In 1944 when Germany had already lost millions soldiers on the Eastern front?
You mean just three weeks before Soviets launched the Operation Bagration which destroyed an entire German Army Group?

Quote:
If the allies had not landed in Normandy, Hitler could have thrown in his blunt force at Soviet. Stalin pushed Churchill/Roosevelt for years for creating second front.
Hitler DID throw all who could from June 1941 to July 1943, then the Allied operations didn't prevent him from having 80% of his forces committed to the East.

Quote:
Not to mention the Murmansk convoys. Ever heard of them? Not understanding history gives you an disadvantage with not understanding the present.
Perhaps you prefer the Siberian route given that more than 40% of goods entered into USSR from there
Or perhaps you could read Glantz (an American former- military btw) about the Eastern front and understand history a little better, you got the wrong person here
Quote:
Hitler knew he was screwed the moment the US entered WW2 in Europe - and so did Japan.
Actually he declared war on the US, perhaps you forgot that while "understanding history" unlike a poor ignorant fellow like me

Old 09-12-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
You mean 20% of all German forces?
In 1944 when Germany had already lost millions soldiers on the Eastern front?
You mean just three weeks before Soviets launched the Operation Bagration which destroyed an entire German Army Group?

Hitler DID throw all who could from June 1941 to July 1943, then the Allied operations didn't prevent him from having 80% of his forces committed to the East.

Perhaps you prefer the Siberian route given that more than 40% of goods entered into USSR from there
Or perhaps you could read Glantz (an American former- military btw) about the Eastern front and understand history a little better, you got the wrong person here

Actually he declared war on the US, perhaps you forgot that while "understanding history" unlike a poor ignorant fellow like me
Mmmm, Stalingrad 1942 was the turnpoint of the war. Hitler knew this, everyone knew this. Still he kept Festung Europe from France to Norway with millions of soldiers - basically idle - from 1940 until D-day in Normadie in 1944. In 1944 Nazi Germany was a joke. Nothing much for Soviet to brag about - the third reich in 1940 - 1942 - a totally different force.

In Norway alone he kept over 400 000 soldiers - and built a massive fortress all the way from Nordkapp to Southern France. Hitler was afraid of an allied landing - and tied up a lot of soldiers doing in that process.

Hitler gambled he would occupy England at an early stage in the war - and free all soldiers towards the Eastern front. And Japan believed in that an Europe without England/US on allied hands would give them a better bargaining point after Pearl Harbor.

Soviet wouldn`t have stood a chance if Hitler had used his total military might on the Eastern Front. They were only miles away from Moscow. Hitler declared war on the US - but he said afterwards it was the worst day in his life.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:12 AM

469 posts, read 576,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
500k in one year per 500 million probably won't. But 800k annually per 80 million (Germany's plan) probably will.
Why do they want so many of them?

Old 09-12-2015, 10:14 AM

1,523 posts, read 2,863,668 times
So let's sum this up.

The problems:

- A native population that is dying off, dwindling by about 25% each generation
- A population that is utterly reliant on mathematically unsustainable welfare states
- An exponentially growing population of unassimilated foreign youth living in ghettos
- An economy that is in constant decline with no signs of healing

The offered solutions:

- Import millions more unskilled foreigners who posses a culture that is totally at odds with your own
- Continue to raise taxes on the population to create more social welfare programs
- Claim to be victims of American imperialism

Is that about right?

Old 09-12-2015, 12:00 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,333,568 times
Quote:
1) The US ignited everything by illegally invading Iraq in 2003 and then supplying arms to "rebels"
Wrong. Very few European migrants are from Iraq, and the U.S. takes almost all the Iraqi migrants.

Quote:
2) The US are allies with the most disgusting countries on earth: KSA and Gulf monarchies which have supplies and funded the terrorism all over the world.
And Europe is even more closely allied to the same countries. The U.S. is much more energy independent than Europe.
Quote:
3) The US have meddled into the Middle East since....WWII?
And European has meddled into the Middle East for 1,000 years.
Quote:
4) The US are actually fighting ISIS with their coalition, do you think your country is really fighting?
Not really; the U.S. has had little direct involvement with fighting ISIS to this point.
Quote:
5) Russia is about to do that, strangely the US are warier of Russian than ISIS (I'm not a Putin fanboy btw)
Not really. Russia has a puppet in Asad and strongly supports Asad.
Quote:
6) The US are the superpower and the policeman of the world, or they do define themselves as such.
True
Quote:
7) NATO (and UN) is an organisation including almost all European countries and US-led, so don't you wonder again why hasn't ISIS be annihilated?
True
Quote:
8) If you don't find suspicious the ties between the US and KSA/Gulf monarchies, then there's no need to discuss.
No different than Europe
Quote:
9) If you don't find disgusting how some Western countries (US, France, UK and perhaps others) have funded, supplied and supported ISIS and other Jihadists forces, then I guess there's no need to discuss.
I have no idea what this means. None of these countries have done this.
Quote:
The US never bailed out "us", not in WWI and not even in WWII.
Obviously false. The U.S. was the primary reason Hitler lost the western front, and the primary reason Western Europe was quickly rebuilt following the war. Western Europe was destroyed. My grandparents had nothing; they were hiding their only food in the forest outside their village. The Americans helped save my family's life back then; on my mother's side they had only the Russians, who were systematically raping all the young women in every village. Many women committed suicide in advance of the Russians nearing their villages.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:01 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,333,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
So let's sum this up.

The problems:

- A native population that is dying off, dwindling by about 25% each generation
- A population that is utterly reliant on mathematically unsustainable welfare states
- An exponentially growing population of unassimilated foreign youth living in ghettos
- An economy that is in constant decline with no signs of healing

The offered solutions:

- Import millions more unskilled foreigners who posses a culture that is totally at odds with your own
- Continue to raise taxes on the population to create more social welfare programs
- Claim to be victims of American imperialism

Is that about right?
Yes, pretty much correct. A good summary of Western Europe's current path.

I'm just glad that I'm probably not young enough to see Western Europe destroyed. It will probably take 50 years before Europe fully resembles the Middle East, and I might not be around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe