Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 03:15 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,538,686 times

Advertisements

Seems Germany might have underestimated what would happen when they lit the green light.
They volunteered to be the guinea pig in this project and now I'm watching to see what they'll do next to cope with this mass influx of refugees.

Refugee crisis: Germany reinstates controls at Austrian border | World news | The Guardian

Germany, overwhelmed, temporarily halts refugee flow - LA Times

Germany, Austria Overwhelmed By Influx of Refugees | Al Jazeera America

Old 09-13-2015, 06:04 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,536 times
The Germans are now officially the world stupidest people. Apparently Germans are interested in being breed out of their own country. I'm not German, but its sad seeing a nation commit cultural suicide.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:18 PM

31,902 posts, read 26,954,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The Germans are now officially the world stupidest people. Apparently Germans are interested in being breed out of their own country. I'm not German, but its sad seeing a nation commit cultural suicide.

As another poster mentioned in a different thread Germans tend to be rather bi-polar on certain issues.

The country has recent experience with Muslim migrants (Turkish men brought to Germany after WWII to deal with labor shortages) and that didn't go very well overall.

Germany also still twists and turns over WWII and Nazis along with a lesser extent WWI. When a populace allows themselves to be lead into world wars not once but *twice* by megalomaniacs. Worse seen as supporting and even gleefully joining into polices of WWII that lead to the mass murder of nearly one million or more Jewish and other persons, yes you can see how it goes.

All Germans know fully well no matter what, where or how you search for "Germany" the top five hits will bring up WWII, Nazis and the mass exterminations, right behind Miele, Mercedes-Benz and Persil detergent. *LOL*

As with elsewhere in Europe and even the USA you see mostly the younger Germans (those after the Baby Boom generation years so to speak) out on the frontlines cheering and welcoming all these migrants. They want to show the world Germany isn't what many persons believe...

Old 09-13-2015, 06:34 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,779,489 times
I don't know if anyone should take us seriously. After all the US has done a miserable job controlling our borders. How many illegals have we failed to stop? Millions?

Old 09-13-2015, 06:34 PM

181 posts, read 231,884 times
There are now more Muslim people in Germany than in France. It will be interesting to watch in the coming years, as they start to have babies in Germany and change forever the nature of the country.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:11 PM

31,902 posts, read 26,954,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiReader View Post
There are now more Muslim people in Germany than in France. It will be interesting to watch in the coming years, as they start to have babies in Germany and change forever the nature of the country.
Oh I don't know. Germany only got around to very recently allowing the children of those aforementioned Turkish men to apply for citizenship. This despite many have lived all their lives in Germany and are more "German" than Turkish. Yet since Germany does not bestow citizenship based upon soil, there you are.

Supposedly Germany has learned its lessons from the "Turkish experiment" and will move quickly and differently in helping these new Muslim arrivals integrate into German society.

Have seen these Syrians on the news reports and many are rather attractive men and women. No, they do not have "Aryan" features but can see them interjecting some much needed new blood into Germany over the years.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:19 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
As another poster mentioned in a different thread Germans tend to be rather bi-polar on certain issues.

The country has recent experience with Muslim migrants (Turkish men brought to Germany after WWII to deal with labor shortages) and that didn't go very well overall.

Germany also still twists and turns over WWII and Nazis along with a lesser extent WWI. When a populace allows themselves to be lead into world wars not once but *twice* by megalomaniacs. Worse seen as supporting and even gleefully joining into polices of WWII that lead to the mass murder of nearly one million or more Jewish and other persons, yes you can see how it goes.

All Germans know fully well no matter what, where or how you search for "Germany" the top five hits will bring up WWII, Nazis and the mass exterminations, right behind Miele, Mercedes-Benz and Persil detergent. *LOL*

As with elsewhere in Europe and even the USA you see mostly the younger Germans (those after the Baby Boom generation years so to speak) out on the frontlines cheering and welcoming all these migrants. They want to show the world Germany isn't what many persons believe...
You raise a good point about the Turkish men brought to Germany after WWII and how that didn't go over well. What is making this situation worse is that the Turks are rather moderate compared to the other Islamic groups that have been arriving in Europe these last 20 years. If they had issues with the Turks, they are going to have ALOT of issues with this new crop coming in.

Also if Germany needs labor to keep its economy going it could simply let in more Eastern Europeans, Italians, Spanish, Greeks, etc. They didn't need to reach off the continent to sort out their labor issues. Also these other groups wouldn't openly combat German law and culture.

The preservation of German law and culture should superseded the desire to prove to the world that it has moved on from its historic transgressions.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:37 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,124,066 times
In the end Germany will still be Germany. The Islamic minority will grow a bit. Most of the Turkish people I live and work with are quite integrated. I don´t see where the "Turkish Experiment " failed so much. Most of the Syrians will be too. Like the Turkish people after a generation or so many will be well integrated, some won´t, some will "Ghettoize". There may be some decline in the inner city´s but there will be new Entrepreneurship too. The sun will rise and in the Eifel, in the Harz, in Niederbayern, in the Pfalz, the Hunsrück, in Franken, in the Odenwald, Schwarzwald..... it will still be Germany. In some parts of the bigger citys might be Syriatown. I hope they start to open up restaurants before too long.

If you really go to the Refugee camps and meet them most are normal people, many are rather secular and many are not Islamic at all. They hate ISIS unconditionally. As I have said I volunteer there a bit, mostly doing some sports with the kids or other small tasks. Granted I am an immigrant to Germany myself, though from the US.

That said I do not support uncontrolled immigration. Those who truly qualify for asylum are ok. There is no "Islamic plot to take over Europe" and it will not be the end of the world like the fear mongers, the extreme right, and the tabloid press are preaching.

Last edited by GER308; 09-14-2015 at 02:00 AM..

Old 09-14-2015, 01:43 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Sounds a little harsh and unnecessary, even if they let in every single Syrian refugee (which won't happen of course) - German people will still by far be the majority of the population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

Oh, i think of castles and beer.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:54 AM

181 posts, read 231,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
In the end Germany will still be Germany. The Islamic minority will grow a bit. Most of the Turkish people I live and work with are quite integrated. I don´t see where the "Turkish Experiment " failed so much. Most of the Syrians will be too. Like the Turkish people after a generation or so many will be well integrated, some won´t, some will "Ghettoize". There may be some decline in the inner city´s but there will be new Entrepreneurship too. The sun will rise and in the Eifel, in the Harz, in Niederbayern, in the Pfalz, the Hunsrück, in Franken, in the Odenwald, Schwarzwald..... it will still be Germany. In some parts of the bigger citys might be Syriatown. I hope they start to open up restaurants before too long.

If you really go to the Refugee camps and meet them most are normal people, many are rather secular and many are not Islamic at all. They hate ISIS unconditionally. As I have said I volunteer there a bit, mostly doing some sports with the kids or other small tasks.
That sounds like Leben wie im Märchen...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe