Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Basic Voting: Live in Romania or not next year, including to obtain paid farm work?
Yes, Of Course! Take The Opportunity Without Any Hesitation. 18 52.94%
Yeah, yet with some more hesitation. 6 17.65%
Maybe. I don't know. Undecided. 4 11.76%
No, close to a yes. 2 5.88%
Don't without a doubt. Undeniably a no. 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 04:25 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times

Advertisements

I would do it for the 1/2 year, OP. But have you done any internships relevant to your degrees? If not, I would give that priority, and do the farm work another time, maybe just for spring or summer (3 months). Find out in advance how much they would pay you, too. I spent part of a summer doing volunteer farmwork in Norway, and loved it, but as Carpathian pointed out, Romania would be a lot warmer to do outdoor farm labor in. So spring might be better, just a thought.

Before you do this, make sure you've done everything you can to make your degrees marketable when you come back to the US, though. Internships are key!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 02:56 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,565,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Don't know why you opened this thread, as it sounds like you are already totally convinced, and had a chip implanted by the Romanian Tourist Board.
As long as this impression is based on direct experiences, I don't see why is wrong to have such convinction. But is true that this thread, like most or all here where people describe their further trips or movings to a country, is not really made to get help making a decision.

Quote:
I have been to NYC and Romania (one much more than the other) and from my perspective it will be like moving from the first world to the third. The incomes of which you speak must go a long way in Romania.
Me too I was to both. In NY, or generally, North America, you may have any amount of money but not have what to do with it. No matter what cool car you buy, you don't have were to go, except to social events, which from my perspective, are deadly boring.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:34 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,565,209 times
Quote:
I have been to NYC and Romania (one much more than the other) and from my perspective it will be like moving from the first world to the third. The incomes of which you speak must go a long way in Romania.
And also in Romania things are much cheaper so with the same volume of work you can live a more confortable life, if you have a white collar job. I know the situation in both countries because half of my family is in Canada for 25 years.

And in no way can be called Romania third world, there is not anything like the depressing social and economical problems from third world. I would rather call New York city third world, because of the high number of immigrants from the real Third World. Whites make only 44% of NYC (56% is made up by American and African Blacks, Latinos and Asians, not only Chinese but 39,000 Pakistanis and so on) while in Romania we almost have no immigrants.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:23 PM
 started this thread
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 11 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,923,623 times
Quote:
Don't know why you opened this thread, as it sounds like you are already totally convinced, and had a chip implanted by the Romanian Tourist Board.

There is nothing wrong at all to endorse tourism. Nice to know you are starting to feel enthusiastic to visit Romania.

Honestly, I have exact equal preference between Romania and USA, including between the cities. I am very proud of my Romanian ethnic heritage.

They are all beautiful countries. First World vs. Second World vs. Third World jargon is not necessary to falsely generalize. If I was forced to, I would say Romania is second world close to first world already.

Depends on the exact topic and frame of reference.Trust me, Romanians on average have much better higher quality homes than average people in NYC for just one example. Very large spacious well decorated homes are a Romania value after visiting lots of those homes, and even staying in them. NYC homes are usually cluttered, too expensive, congested, decayed, sort of ugly, and aren't high quality of life homes compared to what Romanians usually have with homes. Romania has enough middle class people these days right now, and even some wealthy upper class citizens. After all of my extensive visits, I never really encountered a severe decline with anything you are referring to at the extreme.

Don't get me started on some flaws of London.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:30 PM
 started this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I would do it for the 1/2 year, OP. But have you done any internships relevant to your degrees? If not, I would give that priority, and do the farm work another time, maybe just for spring or summer (3 months). Find out in advance how much they would pay you, too. I spent part of a summer doing volunteer farmwork in Norway, and loved it, but as Carpathian pointed out, Romania would be a lot warmer to do outdoor farm labor in. So spring might be better, just a thought.

Before you do this, make sure you've done everything you can to make your degrees marketable when you come back to the US, though. Internships are key!
Wow, ultra practical and constructive informative advice. Romania and Norway might really end up as polar opposite nations on the European mainland continuum spectrum. Farm work might end up more demanding or arduous than anticipated. However, there is undeniably a spiritual freedom simple pleasure to get involved and have this occupation.

I have advantageous family connections to a vast farm network around Constanta Romania. One of my uncles actually owns literally the biggest farm around all of Romania, or at least Dobrogea. This family makes 25 million dollars, having a 5 floor mansion house at a Romanian farm village called Viisoara, and are extremely wealthy. Another 2nd uncle owns another farm sort of next door making $300,000(Not in Lei, with USD). Lei currency is literally 4x the USD currency amount. I would be working on the second one. Me and my sister already obtain $75,000 USD equivalent out of our Romanian farm land inheritance, and working there will give me thousands of more dollars accumulated wealth, and making the other uncle's family believe we deserve all of this money.

If I live there with the paid work, I have the opportunity before or after the paid work to travel to Georgia(the country for the first time), Turkey, Bulgaria(third time), and other surrounding nations.

Are you Romanian, Russian, or another Eastern European ethnic heritage, Ruth4Truth? I have high respect with my Romanian ethnic heritage, and really exotic adventures there. How would you describe Norway outside of the farms?

My college double major is Architecture and Computer Information Technology Website Developing Database Administration. I have enough relevant experience. Other than the paid Romania farm work, other relevant modes of operation include making a website for my uncle's Romania farm business, and later on getting California paid farm work while finishing University. I am just college student age after all.

Taking this opportunity is probably without any flaws when according to bright optimism.

Last edited by ; 12-28-2015 at 10:40 PM..

Old 12-28-2015, 11:30 PM
 started this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPATHIAN View Post
Up to late 19th century, Constanța was a mostly Turkish village (5,204 inhabitants in 1854). In early 20th century it developed rapidly but also chaotically. There is no any representative architecture or landmarks, just some small houses from first decades of 20th century, usually hidden by the commieblocks that border all main streets. Even in the peninsula, the small historical neighborhood, there are ugly commieblocks among the ruined & partly collapsed prewar houses. There is an ongoing program of restoring this old area of the city but will be hard to hide all those communist monsters.

They are the same.

One who reads you will notice a suspect all good - nothing bad perception about your native place. Is normal to give unrealistic positive dimensions to the places you only visited few times. But in your case, I feel that the discrepancy with reality is bigger. Constanța (also Brăila) is the among the very few cities in Romania where the foreign perception about Romania as a disastruous place is true. But is not the case for the entire Constanța County. The rest of this county is ok. The neighbour Mangalia city has that vibe of prosperity and happiness you say, is clean and neat, though also consists mainly of commieblocks. Cernavodă city looks the best in county. Murfatlar and Medgidia are decent. Constanța is rather an exception.

Why are you saying false derogatory remarks on Constanta, Romania's main beach city? There is attraction around the area. I don't understand why any unwarranted discriminatory prejudice is occurring. Is this because you are from Transylvania area of Romania? Honestly, I have exactly the same allegiance to each of those dominant regions. Trust me, I have high standards whenever I am traveling, and takes a lot to end up impressed. Constanta meets my desires and even captures my dreams occasionally.

I really entirely reject 90% of North America compared to Constanta Romania. Domestic wise, I usually prefer exotic, and international lately.

No doubt lots of beautiful architecture is all over Constanta. I don't know what you are talking about when I visited 3-5 times, and really know the city on the opposite side of the World. Ovidiu Square, Thomis Marina, and Mamaia all correspond to landmarks. Architecturally rich Neo-Brâncovenesque buildings are existing around Constanta too.

Every foreigner I know really enjoys Constanta, and find the area an underrated destination. Constanta is infinitely more desirable than Braila. I would always defend Constanta with realistic analyzing while ready to attack Braila/Galati.

What you say is not what I experienced at Romania's major beach city.

Legitimate photography evidence of Constanta's hypnotic allure:

Post Number 100 Page 10= 15 World Class Pictures of Constanta Romania www.city-data.com/forum/world/2440378-worst-countries-live-gdp-ppp-per-10.html

Pictures 6, 7, 9, 10 are all right in the middle of Constanta! Post Number 2: //www.city-data.com/forum/europ...adventure.html

Old 12-30-2015, 01:23 AM

38 posts, read 36,918 times
I would move to Romania, living in another country is always a really enriching and interesting highlight in one's life!

I would move most places in the world, except tired cliche places like Paris, London, NYC, Venice.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:40 AM
 started this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauritania View Post
I would move to Romania, living in another country is always a really enriching and interesting highlight in one's life!

I would move most places in the world, except tired cliche places like Paris, London, NYC, Venice.
Mutual feelings on international living epic journeys. Is anyone not enthusiastic when they have the appropriate occasion to establish an alien life hundreds or thousands of miles away, and learn another country's revolving atmosphere.

Technically, I sort of lived in Romania for a while three various summers one month each between the years 2000 to 2015. Dramatic alteration of main events around those beach cities, towns, and villages between one decade+.

Honestly, I love and respect this exact area of Romania (Constanta, Mamaia, Eforie Nord, Eforie Sud, Costinesti, Neptune, Olimp, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, some of Mangalia, Vama Veche) even more around one decade ago, 5 years ago, or even 1 to 2 years ago. They are having Club Bamboo Discotheque, Splendid Beach, and Cafe Del Mar Of Constanta back then. I can't believe they have closed down or have a relocation. Deep value to the community, and optimistic signs of progress when they were alive right after communism before the closing backwards degeneration. Why couldn't anyone save them?

Nevertheless, on the opposite area of fortune there is a reversing occurrence of forward thinking. Now Mamaia, and Vama Veche has those out of this World phenomenal aura of Romanian language Rock n' Roll music concerts with a sea cliff Roman Colosseum vibe. Vama Veche made tons of bars (at least 30 of them) entirely from scratch less than 5 years later. There is now a 5 floor multilevel cafe bar restaurant at Eforie Nord, including a top floor VIP exclusive massive room. Really rare exotic hidden treasure and right around a Romanian beach village. Literally 10 more World Class Independent Wifi Cafes are right at Constanta. Ultra spiritual seating zones, extravagant chandeliers, antiques, eclectic ambiance, comfortable space, and supposedly unlimited wireless internet. Even Mangalia has two extra elaborate Independent Cafes of people's dreams. Mamaia might have up to 10 - 50 World Class Discotheque Nightclubs, and hopefully they remain at Costinesti too. Building renovation drastically improved at least compared to one decade earlier. Enough Independent Business Stores, Cafes, Bars, and Nightcubs are alive and thriving. Even though one decade ago had some of my other favorite ones. I am always going to remember Club Bamboo, Splendid Beach, and Cafe Del Mar Of Constanta. I have other equal daily destinations to my life.

Entertaining you have clearly established you alliance towards Romania compared to the Netherlands. Just some posts ago, insults towards Holland Benelux, and only high idolizing admiration of Eastern Europe Romania.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:41 PM
 started this thread

Marvelous official news major life update legendary highlight. I now have security with the paid farm work June to October 2016 at my Uncle's farm in Constanta area of Romania. Corn, Wheat, Sunflower Seeds farms next to the beach.

Me, and my sister sibling have a $75,000 farm land inheritance already. Yet I want to desperately live somewhere international, and get more foreign outlook. Other than working at the farm, I am going to make a website on the computer with my own college major knowledge for my family connection farm on the opposite side of the Globe.

Anyone has any immediate quick questions on my emerging adventure, or specific reasons for exactly why me and my sister have such a vast farm network occurring at such exotic lands of Constanta Romania.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:05 PM
 started this thread

Right after my paid farm work responsibility, I am developing a travel itinerary to visit Cyprus island nation, Georgia, and Azerbaijan. Including some areas of Turkey from Romania. Probably around October. Hopefully enough time to make an adventure to Carpathia Transylvania area of Romania too outside of Wallachia or Dobrogea. I am finishing all of those practical details.

I promise to record my travel experience everywhere, and memories then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe