Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 11:09 AM

964 posts, read 995,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoshmeant View Post
Have you people never read this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Europe

How deplorable. Without knowledge of what is actually what, this kind of thread is nonsensical.
Most unreligious country in Europe (countries of highest atheist percentage) is Czech Republic, then comes Sweden and Estonia.
I seriously doubt the level of intelligence of the person who made the first post.
Original poster has been banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 11:25 AM

36 posts, read 26,991 times
I forgot to mention Hungarians are not particularly religious among European peoples according to various surveys.
This is the first time I hear Hungarians are building new churches.
The most religious country is Romania, next comes Cyprus, then Greece, Poland, Italy, etc. None of these countries are rushing to build new churches. They have already got enough churches to pray in.
It was ages ago it was reported many Russians were returning to Russian Orthodox faith in the aftermath of demise of the commie regime.
The first post of this thread is wrong, based on incorrect or obsolete info. It is biased, even discriminatory,
Only a credulous person who is a sandwich short of a picnic will be led up the garden path by

Old 02-28-2016, 04:09 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoshmeant View Post
I forgot to mention Hungarians are not particularly religious among European peoples according to various surveys.
This is the first time I hear Hungarians are building new churches.
The most religious country is Romania, next comes Cyprus, then Greece, Poland, Italy, etc. None of these countries are rushing to build new churches. They have already got enough churches to pray in.
It was ages ago it was reported many Russians were returning to Russian Orthodox faith in the aftermath of demise of the commie regime.
The first post of this thread is wrong, based on incorrect or obsolete info. It is biased, even discriminatory,
Only a credulous person who is a sandwich short of a picnic will be led up the garden path by
I still have a hard time believing that Romania is the most religious country in Europe. None of the people I knew in Romania before Ceausescu crashed have turned to religion or started going to church. Everyone's just as atheistic or agnostic or indifferent as they were before, so I don't know where all these supposed religious people have come from. The kids I knew back than have not suddenly found religion, either. The only exceptions back then were older peasant people out in the villages. Maybe some people have rallied around Orthodoxy as a sign of nationalism...?

Also, Transylvania is full of Hungarians, not to mention Germans, and there's no reason for them to suddenly rush into religion, either. So I'm not really buying this image of Romania as the most religious in Europe.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:05 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,615,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
I don't understand why Evangelical Christians want their beliefs to spread, they should keep their religion to themselves in the same way as the Lutheran, Catholic, Anglican and Orthodox churches. I would never force my atheism over anyone but there are preachers disproportionately coming from Evangelical churches or Jeovah's Witnesses who take advantage of people who are weak psychologically and going through a difficult period of their life spreading their gospel and imposing their beliefs on them.
Belief is a choice. No one is forcing anything upon you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe