Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 08:47 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Not sure if i can trust the results... Japan only 11%
Just because you refuse to believe your fantasy island is that apathetic doesn't make it untrue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 10:15 PM

919 posts, read 840,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I never said nothing has changed.
Just said that i don't believe only 11% of Japanese would defend their country especially if you consider that only a little bit more than a half century ago Japan was the most proud country on earth.
How old are you? Think about your age first. A little bit more than a half century can change a lot.

Did you know that only 50 years ago agriculture in The Netherlands was quite similar to agriculture in many other (developing) countries today

Old 10-31-2015, 05:37 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,410,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernrebel View Post
It has everything to do with today. German and Austrian guilt contributes to what you do today. You are terrified of being called a Nazi so you allow every refugee into your country hoping that you can change that image...The fear of being called a Nazi or racist is the fundamental basis of every decision made in Austria and Germany today, even in countries like Sweden that had nothing to do with the actions your grandparents they are scared of being called racist
I think there are some good points here. This is the whole "culture" of political correctness that has been fully programmed into so many societies in the west it is no longer questioned. Where people are too scared to say what they really feel, or too scared of speaking the truth, so they just act politically correct in fear of being called a racist or xenophobic. Because of historic issues with slavery, colonialism or whatever, western countries are now "muzzled" often in speaking the truth or taking the best course of action for their country, in fear of being called racist. So instead just let your cities and country turn into ghetto sh*tholes because you're too scared to dare not be politically correct.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:18 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,602 times
Being proud of your country doesn't mean that you would be willing to defend, i'm actually more proud of the work of a few of my countrymen rather than i am of my country. The concept of Italy as a country is also quite recent and until recently there wasn't even an Italian wide culture. I know that most people wouldn't raise a finger to defend this country and i'm one of them

As long as i get to keep my culture, traditions and usual day to day life ecc. i wouldn't even mind if Austria or Germany conquered us If i couldn't and my freedom would be at risk of being hindered then i would considering fighting but more for myself and my family rather than for my country

Old 11-01-2015, 09:47 AM

30,378 posts, read 19,177,636 times
History has shown you can't keep what you're not willing to fight for....that's universal law.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:42 PM

586 posts, read 831,301 times
I think some on here need to remember that there is a marked difference between not having a willingness to fight for ones country and being willing to fight for what one believes in or holds dear.

A country is a political construct and 'it' may mean little to you, what you hold most dear within that country obviously means a lot. Fighting for a flag is pointless unless that flag protects the things you love, if it does and you fight your still fighting for them/ those/that, not the country.

Those you see on TV when asked why did you join the Army or what have you that reply "To keep my family and those I love safe" are doing just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe