Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 03:49 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,878,133 times

Advertisements

Build walls around Europe 's borders and shoot at sight - sorry by I have not the least empathy for these invaders.
As Simon De Montfort, famous crusader, put it "shoot them all, and God will recognize his own."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 06:39 AM

426 posts, read 394,671 times
I don't agree with Montfort, he was just a butcher. He was just a very uncouth ISIS terrorist.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:59 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Build walls around Europe 's borders and shoot at sight - sorry by I have not the least empathy for these invaders.
As Simon De Montfort, famous crusader, put it "shoot them all, and God will recognize his own."
You do know that the crusaders were actually the invaders back then, right? Anyway, it's ironic that you are quoting an invader against people you perceive as invaders.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:39 PM

9,370 posts, read 14,322,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
You do know that the crusaders were actually the invaders back then, right?
Oh, c'mon, improb, you are a very smart guy, you know better than that.

Were the Hebrews invaders? Or even the tribes before them? The Assyrians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Turks? And I left out a few. What about the Iranians, if they get the chance?

The Europeans of the 1100s-1200s, led by the Papacy, were merely trying, in their view, to recapture territory lost by the Romans some 500-600 years before at the hands of a foreign invasion. There is nothing unusual about all that. They succeeded in Spain, they failed in Palestine. Then the Europeans and their descendants succeeded in Palestine several hundred years later when they invented circumnavigation and firearms and industrialization and eventually carved out Israel. So what?

Please stop with the so-called politically correct bull****, you know better than that, you are not fooling anybody, and nobody believes that you even believe in it.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:07 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Oh, c'mon, improb, you are a very smart guy, you know better than that.

Were the Hebrews invaders? Or even the tribes before them? The Assyrians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Turks? And I left out a few. What about the Iranians, if they get the chance?

The Europeans of the 1100s-1200s, led by the Papacy, were merely trying, in their view, to recapture territory lost by the Romans some 500-600 years before at the hands of a foreign invasion. There is nothing unusual about all that. They succeeded in Spain, they failed in Palestine. Then the Europeans and their descendants succeeded in Palestine several hundred years later when they invented circumnavigation and firearms and industrialization and eventually carved out Israel. So what?

Please stop with the so-called politically correct bull****, you know better than that, you are not fooling anybody, and nobody believes that you even believe in it.
Romans weren't settlers for the most part, they just tried to assimilate the citizens of each of their colonies to their own culture and to at least create a mix between theirs and the native's culture. The same happened with Arabs in the VII and VIII century, they converted locals to Islam and forced them adopt their culture both because of religious and political grounds.

In short, the locals were for the most part made of the ancestors of the mix of tribes who had lived in the areas for centuries on end, they had just adopted to whatever culture their conquerors had imposed on them. And by the way, i fail to see how my statements were politically correct in anyway

Old 03-21-2016, 06:30 PM

4,032 posts, read 4,469,245 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WjC5yvdaAo

Question: “If I can't protect my home (Germany) can I protect anything else? Is it immoral to leave my family behind as I anticipate a civil war in Germany? If the ethnicity of my mother tongue dies will I die too as my "German soul" cannot properly address feelings to someone else? What matters more: raising healthy offspring (leaving Germany) or protect my culture (staying in Germany)?”

Countries mentioned he is considering migrating to include Iceland and Paraguay.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:07 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,668 times
Hope he has a nice trip

Old 03-22-2016, 01:30 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I second that. Camp of the Saints IRL.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
You do know that the crusaders were actually the invaders back then, right? Anyway, it's ironic that you are quoting an invader against people you perceive as invaders.

A crusader, Simon de Monfort, that killed christians and was an invader.
In fact, he was just a butcher annointed by the pope, a puppet back then and today.
Religion is just the excuse for holy wars, crusades, call it the way you want.
No artillery back in those days.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WjC5yvdaAo

Question: “If I can't protect my home (Germany) can I protect anything else? Is it immoral to leave my family behind as I anticipate a civil war in Germany? If the ethnicity of my mother tongue dies will I die too as my "German soul" cannot properly address feelings to someone else? What matters more: raising healthy offspring (leaving Germany) or protect my culture (staying in Germany)?”

Countries mentioned he is considering migrating to include Iceland and Paraguay.

You don't understand much history German history. If Germans that left old German territories for the new world had stayed behind, they would be dead. They did not give a crap about their culture or ethnicity, they just wanted to survive. That's why they were brainwashed in the new world and only retained the recipes of pies and demential religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe