Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 06:23 AM

426 posts, read 393,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Oh, c'mon, improb, you are a very smart guy, you know better than that.

Were the Hebrews invaders? Or even the tribes before them? The Assyrians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Turks? And I left out a few. What about the Iranians, if they get the chance?

The Europeans of the 1100s-1200s, led by the Papacy, were merely trying, in their view, to recapture territory lost by the Romans some 500-600 years before at the hands of a foreign invasion. There is nothing unusual about all that. They succeeded in Spain, they failed in Palestine. Then the Europeans and their descendants succeeded in Palestine several hundred years later when they invented circumnavigation and firearms and industrialization and eventually carved out Israel. So what?

Please stop with the so-called politically correct bull****, you know better than that, you are not fooling anybody, and nobody believes that you even believe in it.

No, they did not mention the old posessions of the Eastern Roman Empire; Palestina, Lebanon, etc, lost in 660 I believe.

The official and false excuse was that pilgrims were being slaughtered by muslims, that was not true. There were problems of safety due to civil wars in the area but not related with religion.

The real reason:

In 1100 Europe was a very poor place filled with kooks, they had so much hunger that they were allucinating all the time.

The monarchies and the pope were suffering constant attacks from nobles, revolutions, heressies...so they needed an excuse to get rid of dead weight.

So a crazy man called simon the hermit proclaimed "deu lo volt"...and "the stablishment" used it as excuse to send troublemakers to PLUNDER a land that was far richer and developed.

THE REST IS POETRY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 05:42 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,458,634 times
https://www.reddit.com/r/european/co...ge_in_uk_from/

Polish girl just moved to my village in UK from Germany. She says that 9 out of 12 of her friends from Germany still working in the hospital have been raped by migrants (self.european)
submitted 10 hours ago by CHAD_J_THUNDERCOCKUnited Kingdom

"She and her boyfriend moved to UK to get away from it all
She says that nobody has any idea how bad it is. Only a few of her friends working the night shift at the hospital have not been raped yet.
She is working in a shop and told my Mum all of this over the counter, who just called me and mentioned it.
****ing crazy"

Old 03-23-2016, 08:47 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,434 times
and now we're posting made up crap from reddit from someone called THUNDERCOCK ???

Old 03-24-2016, 03:36 AM

11 posts, read 9,876 times
Italy's braindrain is similar to New Zealand's braindrain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Italy is already exporting the best youth: young professionals with degrees and high qualifications, young people willing to work in any field for a living wage and generally also highly skilled and experienced professionals aged 30-40.
Legally, there are more emigrants than immigrants.
It's not just a general impoverishment of my country, it's also a net cost because, on average, it costs 100,000 € to form a student with a degree (university or more): a student that won't result in any meaningful advantage for Italy because he will emigrate (and he will rightfully do so).
Furthermore, as illegals and so-called 'refugees' increase in the outskirts, so Italians try to leave those areas.
There's an alley in my hometown that, after it saw the construction of two massive apartment blocks almost exclusively housed by immigrants (they are the so-called 'case popolari', literally 'house of the people') because of the numerous welfare advantages they can enjoy: the result was a massive degradation that pushed most Italians to leave as soon as possible.
The overall result?
Ghettos, immigrants resenting ethnic Italians, Italians sick of being host in their home country and nothing good at all in general.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:46 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/european/co...ge_in_uk_from/

Polish girl just moved to my village in UK from Germany. She says that 9 out of 12 of her friends from Germany still working in the hospital have been raped by migrants (self.european)
submitted 10 hours ago by CHAD_J_THUNDERCOCKUnited Kingdom

"She and her boyfriend moved to UK to get away from it all
She says that nobody has any idea how bad it is. Only a few of her friends working the night shift at the hospital have not been raped yet.
She is working in a shop and told my Mum all of this over the counter, who just called me and mentioned it.
****ing crazy"
Rubbish

Old 03-24-2016, 06:46 AM

324 posts, read 467,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
No, they did not mention the old posessions of the Eastern Roman Empire; Palestina, Lebanon, etc, lost in 660 I believe.

The official and false excuse was that pilgrims were being slaughtered by muslims, that was not true. There were problems of safety due to civil wars in the area but not related with religion.

The real reason:

In 1100 Europe was a very poor place filled with kooks, they had so much hunger that they were allucinating all the time.

The monarchies and the pope were suffering constant attacks from nobles, revolutions, heressies...so they needed an excuse to get rid of dead weight.

So a crazy man called simon the hermit proclaimed "deu lo volt"...and "the stablishment" used it as excuse to send troublemakers to PLUNDER a land that was far richer and developed.

THE REST IS POETRY.
Actually, no. The Byzantine emperor went to the pope to request aid to fight against the advance of islam, at hat time the most threatening were the Turks. The pope built support for the effort and the first crusade was launched. The crusaders were supposed to hand over all reconquered lands to the Byzantine empire.

Jerusalem and other areas were reconquered, but the crusaders refused to give it back to the byzantine empire.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:47 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,562 times
The Jews are already leaving and this time it's not because of the Nazis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2h7ggRUFws

Old 03-25-2016, 08:29 PM

Paths to Europe: As a key route closes, migrants look for others - FT.com

Old 03-25-2016, 08:43 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,434 times
Great, we've moved on from posting reddit links to paywall links

Old 03-25-2016, 10:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH6I...FxZIsdbT029KsQ

6 minutes in Donald Trump says he knows people who are going to leave Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe