Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 01:07 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,335,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Yeah, although you tend to explain your reasonings better than most of the users of that kind, i prefer reading you. Anyone who thinks the FPO and AFD are the right party or who opposes the steps who have been taken on the social camp (same sex marriages, abortion, ecc.) is an extremist to me.

Italy isn't overrun by Muslims, they are 2-3% of the population, i don't care about the presence of Muslims as long as they are secularized, profess their religion and customs in private and adapt to ours in public settings. I think those customs of their culture who are incompatible with ours must be curbed out, that said i'm not against immigration but i just think that the integration process should be arranged differently to filter any kind of threat to our society.
So you think the disapproval of gay marriage and Islamization makes one an extremist, well, so what. The rest of what you say sounds quite reasonable, reasonable enough that leftists might call you an "extremist" also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
That's true but there's already a significant number of migrants already accepted in Austria. However I agree in the long run Austria will be better off than Germany. Also Denmark is stable compared to Germany and Sweden.
I think the situation in Austria is different, Austria-Hungary was a multi-ethnic nation a hundred years ago before multiculturalism became part of the leftist agenda, and I think most foreigners in Austria are people from the Balkans, countries that once were part of the Austrian empire. I think they are in general better integrated than the Migrants we have in Germany, or even worse France and maybe they identify themselves more with Austria for historical reasons. Since Austria-Hungary had a native Muslim population (again, the Balkans) but fought the Turks on the other hand, I think they can deal better with this issue. I think Austria has a stronger national identity than Germany and is also more independent (no NATO member e.g.) I think Austria will have a better future than Germany and is more able to withstand Islamization and preserve its national identity, maybe more than most other western-european nations.

Last edited by svenM; 05-13-2016 at 02:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 11:53 AM

4,032 posts, read 4,468,001 times
Reversed Migration: Germans Moving To Hungary In Fear Of Migrants - Hungary Today

Old 05-27-2016, 10:24 AM

324 posts, read 467,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Yeah, although you tend to explain your reasonings better than most of the users of that kind, i prefer reading you. Anyone who thinks the FPO and AFD are the right party or who opposes the steps who have been taken on the social camp (same sex marriages, abortion, ecc.) is an extremist to me.

Italy isn't overrun by Muslims, they are 2-3% of the population, i don't care about the presence of Muslims as long as they are secularized, profess their religion and customs in private and adapt to ours in public settings. I think those customs of their culture who are incompatible with ours must be curbed out, that said i'm not against immigration but i just think that the integration process should be arranged differently to filter any kind of threat to our society.
Have you ever been to a Muslim majority country or observed their politics? Islam is inherently political and not a private matter. Tolerance of an ideology that professes its ambition to dominate the world is not virtuous.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:27 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,209,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: 'Germany might be lost in a generation ... A mess'

You know just for one who looks with keen interest on the demography and cultures of Europe
I'd just note we're in the 21st and we have seen how Europe failed in quelling unrest between countries and their ethnicities back on the 20th. Today, Germany should be lauded for seeing the European future....if it wants to exist. There cannot be no rest for the continent if demographics and ethnic populations are in a state of great entropy. Germany , at the last, offers a relief valve and a look at how one dynamic country knows that immigration can and will help solve the problems of European states in the 21st.

If the European behavior of xenophobia consistently makes itself felt Europe is just pushing back the inevitable. And if they continually do that that it will not bode well for future life on the continent. For the simple reason that energy dissipated in looking with disdain on the 'other' exhausts states in their effort to apply energy to forge new paths. Europe has to wake up to new dawns on the horizon. It's staring the continent in the face and ignored with peril.
Do you think that cute writing will make the argument more compelling? Or do you think that lipstick will make the pig look like a ballerina?

Ethnic wars have existed in Europe for at least 2500 years. Never, ever Europe has not had a war for 70 years (with the exception of the powder keg -- Yugoslavia), until US came and provided national defense for Europe. US taxpayer has paid for European peace of the last 70 years. One day US will pull out, and it may be sooner than you think.

So you think that Islamic immigration will provide peace to Europe, even after US pulls out?

I would like to hear this pretzeled logic now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
10 largest foreign nationality groups in Germany in order: Turkey, Poland, Italy, Romania, Greece, Croatia, Serbia, Russia, Bulgaria, Austria.

So much for your "Islamic invasion". If anything, the Orthodox are on the rise.
Those stats represent migration for the 90s and 00s. Statistical studies trail real events. In a few years will know the islamic immigration numbers. And they're not stopping, like the Eastern European's wave migration into EU stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Bosnia, Albania, Macedonia and Montenegro have a higher % of Muslims.
That's a misrepresentation of the truth. That's comparing apples to cucumbers. Muslims in those countries are natives. We're talking about Islamic immigration, that is people immigrating to EU from OTHER countries, specifically, backward, 7th-century, uncivilized, often times barbaric societies, who do not assimilate into their new countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Yeah...which according to the far-left marijuana addicts means: "Those dirty Poles, Bulgarians, Romanians who come here to commit terrorism and abuse benefits on the back of hard working Pakistanis". Yet another reason for Trump to lose from the sjw crowd.
LOL.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:13 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Ethnic wars have existed in Europe for at least 2500 years. Never, ever Europe has not had a war for 70 years (with the exception of the powder keg -- Yugoslavia), until US came and provided national defense for Europe. US taxpayer has paid for European peace of the last 70 years. One day US will pull out, and it may be sooner than you think.

So you think that Islamic immigration will provide peace to Europe, even after US pulls out?

I would like to hear this pretzeled logic now.

Those stats represent migration for the 90s and 00s. Statistical studies trail real events. In a few years will know the islamic immigration numbers. And they're not stopping, like the Eastern European's wave migration into EU stopped.
Europe hasn't been in a war in 70 years because of the EU. And because of the USSR. The US tax payer is not paying for Europe's defence.
The US already pulled out in the 90's and 00's. Today they are back, because of Russia.

The immigration has already calmed down a lot from last year. 2016 will not be like 2015. Nobody wants more immigrants any more.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:28 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,025,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
LOL.
If you think that's funny, here...Chinese women who like black men, but then again you don't here western liberals bitching about it as yellows "can't be racist":

https://www.reddit.com/r/EuropeanPeo...riles_up_sjws/

Old 05-28-2016, 03:01 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times
Quote:
If you think that's funny, here...Chinese women who like black men, but then again you don't here western liberals bitching about it as yellows "can't be racist":

That commercial is the most racist thing I've seen in a long time the Chinese have a long way to go. They're absolutely clueless.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:02 PM

749 posts, read 856,998 times
Quote:

Unacceptable indeed. Typical of racist commercials they were around in the early 20th century in Europe or America.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:16 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:

I'm a 'Western Liberal' and can say that Western Liberals are the least racist on this goddamn planet. Chinese, Africans and others are incredibly racist, even to the point that they might not consider a member of another tribe even human.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-30-2016 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 05-28-2016, 06:56 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,209,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Europe hasn't been in a war in 70 years because of the EU. And because of the USSR. The US tax payer is not paying for Europe's defence.
The US already pulled out in the 90's and 00's. Today they are back, because of Russia.
EU provided military defense to Europe? Since when? EU can't mix its own icecream without writing a 24,000 page rule book, and discussing it to death in 14 different bureaucratic committees in Brussels, Strasbourg, Bonn, and Luxembourg.

And how did USSR defend Western Europe in the last 70 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe