Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 07:20 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Banning the hijab is only going to cause uproar among the more conservative segments of society. I'm in full agreement about the language. If you're going to migrate to a certain country have the decency to learn the local language. They need to feel welcome in the country with enough freedom that they don't feel harassed at every corner. However, if they try to impose Sharia law or impede on other people's freedoms, then they should be expelled.

If we truly want to eradicate extremism we need to focus on education, integration... Get people to question religion in general. Why should women be forced to cover up, while men wear whatever they want? When they start raising these points, then we will start seeing progress.
Well banning the face veil or burka would make sense. Even Malaysia and Islam is the state religion there forbids the face veil at government workplaces. Sure religious conservatives will be offended, yet they are still offended by many aspects of Western society still and believe shariah law is far superior to common law.

It seems that conservative Islamic believes have greatly increased in the past few decades as prior to the 1970s it was not unusual for Muslim women not to wear the hijab, and that the same with Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iran and Iraq, etc.

It was not so long ago within the Muslim world, even wearing hijabs were not as common. Only since the 1970s with the steep rise in political Islam it has been made so, and former countries laws which were secular, changed to shariah law.

Even when focusing on education, does not always work, and some of the European terrorists were well educated. I can recall even there were ones that were doctors and even in Australia there was an doctor who was an ISIS recruiter. It the type of religious teachings they can get, and these days it more common for Islamic preachers in mosques to have radical beliefs. The Islamic preachers at mosques during the 1960s in Europe were not as conservative or radical. A lot of mosques these days are funded by Saudi Arabia in order to export their puritanical Wahhabi islam, which was rather alien to many Muslims several decades ago. Even in the Muslim world this was the case as well.

Turkey is also a major supper for mosques around the world and been funding them, esp in Europe. Turkey after all wants to increase the political influence on the Muslims there.

Actually Austria has now put a stop to overseas foreign funding and foreign Islamic preachers in the country mosques and it a great model for Europe to follow: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aw-restricting

Last edited by other99; 02-21-2018 at 07:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 11:38 PM

400 posts, read 293,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Well there should be a ban on face coverings for women. Here is a link on a British woman wearing everyday clothes insulted by a woman wearing a face covering. It seems all the Muslim women in that video are wearing face coverings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SK7To4gSr0 Actually the protest was caused by the arrest of the wife of a suicidal bomber and the wife of the bomber committed a terrorist act within Europe.

Also to have bigger restrictions on residents on bringing in foreign spouses. No more imports for foreign muslim preachers, and those that wish to preach in Mosques should be educated and get their degree in an European university. No more of the Saudi Arabian funded Islamic preachers either. There should be a ban on wearing the hijab wearing in working in government agencies and organisations. They should all be forced to learn the local language where they reside. Plus deport the Muslim immigrants who commit serious crimes after their sentence in jail. Much stricter limits on immigration and those that wish to immigrate should be based on merit and not family based.

Actually it not too difficult for Muslims that are well educated or those that are from high skilled industries to move to Australia. Infact all big companies I have worked at had some Muslims. I had no problem working with them, however some were very religious and I can recall one having one coworker being outspoken and having extremist views that would be welcome in an fanatic society within the Middle East and have no place here in Australia.
I have zero intention of watching your anti-muslim racist hate videos. And I say this as a non hijab wearing secular Turkish woman. Continue your anti muslim propaganda though I’m sure you’ll find supporters.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selen View Post
I have zero intention of watching your anti-muslim racist hate videos. And I say this as a non hijab wearing secular Turkish woman. Continue your anti muslim propaganda though I’m sure you’ll find supporters.
How am I racist? I did not know Islam is a race. How can being critical on a dogma be racist?

Actually I have no big issues with people bashing Christianity even though I am Christian. I admit there have been people out there that brought a lot of shame in the name of Christianity, and I am angry with the hypocrisy within the church. I have even questioned the teachings of the dogma of Christianity and not afraid of that either.

However my point is that those that live in a country and choose to move there no matter what religious background should integrate in that country. As the saying goes: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Last edited by other99; 02-22-2018 at 12:31 AM..

Old 02-22-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
How am I racist? I did not know Islam is a race. How can being critical on a dogma be racist?

Actually I have no big issues with people bashing Christianity even though I am Christian. I admit there have been people out there that brought a lot of shame in the name of Christianity, and I am angry with the hypocrisy within the church.

However my point is that those that live in a country and choose to move there no matter what religious background should integrate in that country. As the saying goes: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
Blah blah blah... I met some muslims and posted some hateful anti muslim YouTube videos so now I’m am an expert on Islam. Blah blah blah.....

Old 02-22-2018, 12:51 AM

225 posts, read 150,296 times
Quote:
First you say Muslims should integrate, than you say Europe should get away from multiculturalism. I frankly don’t think you have any idea whatsoever as to what you are saying. What do you suggest Europe should do? Send millions of muslims many of whom are citizens in those countries away? Or they could intern the immigrants in islands like you Australians do, how about that?

I also think this video seems very much staged.
Come on Selen! You know as well as anbody else that if for example christians came to Turkey and started behaving like many muslim migrants do in western Europe, then Erdogan would go like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c54SvkgQ04A

Old 02-22-2018, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Blah blah blah... I met some muslims and posted some hateful anti muslim YouTube videos so now I’m am an expert on Islam. Blah blah blah.....
I did not say I am expert of Islam. I not an expert btw. Even so I also studied an subject of Islam at university too. I spent time in a Muslim country as well. I read books on Islam as well as well as books on the extremist Islamic groups. Not all the books I read on Islam were critical of that religion btw.

However the best societies for predominantly Muslim countries is secular, and believe that people like President Atatürk reforms were really good model for Muslim countries to follow.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odenwald View Post
Come on Selen! You know as well as anbody else that if for example christians came to Turkey and started behaving like many muslim migrants do in western Europe, then Erdogan would go like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c54SvkgQ04A
I have no idea who you are and what you are talking about. You say you are not white, but you say stuff about Germany, then about muslims, then about US, then about Latinos. Who are you odenwald?

Many drunk and topless tourists in Turkey by the way. Lol.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Good. Then stop posting hate videos.
I not going to post videos anymore on that topic. However uncomfortable issues need to be stated to opposing parties to effectively work out complex issues.

Anyway I don't mind Turks in my country....They also seem to integrate better than other Middle Eastern groups like the Lebanese Muslims.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:37 PM

61,736 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Cleaned this thread and deleted 15 posts. If you want to chit-chat, do it per DM. If there is nothing more to say, perhaps it's better to close this thread.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:56 AM

4,031 posts, read 4,466,933 times
I just got back from Europe. I did notice a migrant presence in Germany but overall both Germany and Austria still have a much higher quality of life than the United States. Italy however is in much worst shape with tons of African migrants everywhere. From what I have heard Paris, Belgium, and Sweden are in much worst shape but I did not visit those places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe