Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 02:31 AM

526 posts, read 376,996 times

Advertisements

We all always talk of immigration but we must know that in Africa there are more than 1.000.000 of people that live in complete poverty. In the next 40 years they will double, if we will not help them in Africa the immigration will be unrestrainable. We couldn’t do anything!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 11:38 PM

225 posts, read 150,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Are you seriously citing that roosh-place... ?

Old 06-22-2018, 04:54 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,209,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiegood1 View Post
And we won’t do anything because we will be too busy blaming and insulting each other instead of holding our leaders accountable.

How do you "hold the leaders accountable"? I never understood that platitude. What are you personally gonna do, besides talk? Vote?

We've been voting now for over two centuries, and how is that going? Obviously it brought us the "leaders" you refer to...

Old 10-21-2018, 03:38 PM

4,032 posts, read 4,468,001 times
French Flee To Hungary To Escape Effects of Mass Migration

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...ass-migration/

Old 10-24-2018, 12:23 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,076,751 times
Actually I left Europe, but not because of the migration crisis. I left because i don't feel like I belong in my home country, so I decided to live in ny wifes country. Most people that leave do it for other reasons. And you can't just emigrate out of europe, you need to either find a spouse or a job in the new country. And if a lot of people try to emigrate, then they will make it harder.

However, the migration crisis combined with higher living standards in eastern europe has led to migration within Europe. Earlier eastern europeans were all trying to leave, now many of them are returning.

It is possible that in the future western europeans are migrating to eastern europe, because they want to escape the social problems and affirmative action in their native countries.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:31 AM

71 posts, read 37,005 times
I see migration happening not from europe as a whole but mostly from the migration crisis countries. Like people wanting to leave Sweden and Germany. Their destinations doesn't necessarily need to be outside Europe, but just somewhere it's not an "uggly & evil" to be white. And sure some will leave for Australia, US etc because it's easy in terms of language.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:46 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
There has always been a lot of immigration within the EU, due to free movement between member states, based largely on labor market economics, not on immigration or the resettlement of refugees from outside the EU.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
There has always been a lot of immigration within the EU, due to free movement between member states, based largely on labor market economics, not on immigration or the resettlement of refugees from outside the EU.
Mass immigration into Western Europe from Eastern Europe of the 1990s was probably the first ever to either not succeed a war, or proceed a war.

BTW, Western Europeans didn’t just start moving into Eastern Europe. This last wave started at about 10 years ago when retirement and nursing home costs are much lower in Slovakia, etc.

What’s happening now is not immigration. It is displacement and replacement.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:28 AM

8,869 posts, read 8,452,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
It is possible that in the future western europeans are migrating to eastern europe, because they want to escape the social problems and affirmative action in their native countries.
I doubt it. The best of Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Estonia) will catch up with or surpass the worst of Western Europe like Italy or Spain (they already have in many ways, though it's mostly the latter's problems), but it will take decades for them to catch up with the likes of Germany or Sweden. And that's the best case scenario. For countries like Poland or Hungary or Romania that day is most likely never going to arrive, and they've got way more population in the West.

Besides I don't think Europeans are too bothered by the affirmative actions at all. If anything people are more concerned with the cost of living, especially the rent (except in Norway and Switzerland), which often doesn't reflect what people earn at all (which hasn't seen any significant growth in a long time), especially in big cities.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I doubt it. The best of Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Estonia) will catch up with or surpass the worst of Western Europe like Italy or Spain (they already have in many ways, though it's mostly the latter's problems), but it will take decades for them to catch up with the likes of Germany or Sweden. And that's the best case scenario. For countries like Poland or Hungary or Romania that day is most likely never going to arrive, and they've got way more population in the West.

Besides I don't think Europeans are too bothered by the affirmative actions at all. If anything people are more concerned with the cost of living, especially the rent (except in Norway and Switzerland), which often doesn't reflect what people earn at all (which hasn't seen any significant growth in a long time), especially in big cities.
For rural areas, yes, Eastern Europe has a long way to go to compare with Western’s rural. However cities are the opposite — Eastern cities are improving while the Western ones are getting worse, mainly because of slums expanding as immigration continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe