Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 07:56 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, way to put words in my mouth! Care to try reading my post again? Reading what it actually says, vs. your own projections?
No, I responded exactly to your claims. You claimed that Jews weren't fleeing Europe, which is a complete lie.

Your exact words- "The article about a massive Jewish exodus from Europe was posted here a week ago, and was debunked."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 08:17 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times
Quote:
That's not what The Guardian says about the Jewish exodus from France. It says there haven't been that many attacks by Muslims, but that there's been an upsurge in activity by extreme right-wing groups (i.e. native Europeans) that have threatened Jews. Also, economic factors have a strong influence on Jews' decision to leave for Israel

Obviously, though, it's much more convenient to blame those nasty Muslims, instead of the French themselves, or the French economy. How fortunate you are to have those handy scapegoats!

"Neither is there the evidence to suggest a single cause behind these trends. Although there have been repeated high profile antisemitic attacks in France and evidence points to a rise in hate crimes, there may be other reasons to move. Israel’s GDP grew by 3.3% in 2013, compared to France’s relatively meagre 0.2%.

All this aside, the trend is clear - in Italy and France the number of Jews emigrating has grown at some pace over the last couple of years."
Is there really a Jewish exodus from western Europe? | News | The Guardian
That was from Feb 2015, you realize that's a year old, right? you think nothing has changed in a year? do you even bother to read what you post?

from TODAY http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/22/middle...ion/index.html

in case you want to see more

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6832391.html

http://www.wmur.com/national/jews-le...mbers/37587130

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...umbers&tbm=nws

Old 01-25-2016, 08:28 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
No, I responded exactly to your claims. You claimed that Jews weren't fleeing Europe, which is a complete lie.

Your exact words- "The article about a massive Jewish exodus from Europe was posted here a week ago, and was debunked."
One thread at a time, please. You responded here to my post (here) that quoted an article from the Guardian. Your response completely misrepresented that post.

It sounds like you're getting confused between posts on a past thread, and the current thread. If you want to rehash a past thread, the best approach would probably be to bring it back up, to continue that discussion, instead of somehow hopping back and forth between one discussion and another.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:34 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,890,147 times
To deny the rampant anti-semitism (not just dislike of Israel, dislike of Jews) among Muslims is like denying that Putin dislikes homosexuals (only thing is that the latter has been widely deplored for that, rightfully so).

Old 01-26-2016, 04:58 AM

994 posts, read 1,237,538 times
The migrant crisis is real, and the main people for whom it is a crisis are the people trying to get out of Eritrea, Libya, Syria - places in whose current crises Western involvement has played a substantial role.

Antisemitism is a big problem among Muslims, and it's also a big problem among Christians. Jean Marie Le Pen, the founder of the Front National in France, claimed that the holocaust was 'a detail of history'. Last year, the FN took 27% of first round votes in France's regional elections - the largest share by any one party.

In recent years, the FN has focused much less on demonising Jews, and has switched to Muslims. Indeed, when antisemitic acts are committed by Muslims, the far right is the first to condemn them. But I don't imagine many French Jews have been fooled into thinking the FN suddenly likes them - they know that they're simply being used in an opportunistic way to attack Muslims.

And, antisemitic hate crimes by Muslims in France are a problem. But they don't stand in contrast to wider French and European culture - they echo a part of it which, though very much suppressed and somewhat addressed since WW2, is still very much present.

So, acknowledging the problem with antisemitism in France is essential - but so is acknowledging that antisemitism from Muslims is only part of it, and so is realising that the politicians currently rising up on anti-Islam tickets are, themselves, some of the biggest antisemites going.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:35 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
One thread at a time, please. You responded here to my post (here) that quoted an article from the Guardian. Your response completely misrepresented that post.

It sounds like you're getting confused between posts on a past thread, and the current thread. If you want to rehash a past thread, the best approach would probably be to bring it back up, to continue that discussion, instead of somehow hopping back and forth between one discussion and another.
No, you are completely, utterly confused.

The lie you posted is from this thread, and no other thread. It's all the same discussion; one in which you have repeatedly uttered complete nonsense.

The fact is that Jews are fleeing Europe, and the fact is that Muslims are attacking Jews in Europe. No amount of "spin" can challenge these facts.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:35 PM

4,032 posts, read 4,468,001 times
The thing is Jews who want to leave Europe can automatically get Israeli citizenship. For generate Europeans it's much harder and they don't have a specific country or place to go. French. Maybe Quebec. I do think with the dramatic increases in rapes Germany and Sweden will no longer be safe places for young women. Besides the increase in rapes, assaults, and terrorist threats, there could be dissasterous economic consequences such as the tourism industry being devestated. A lot of Americans are talking about canceling trips to Europe. Places like Italy and Greece's economies are largely dependent on tourism.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:19 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,335,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
The thing is Jews who want to leave Europe can automatically get Israeli citizenship. For generate Europeans it's much harder and they don't have a specific country or place to go. French. Maybe Quebec. I do think with the dramatic increases in rapes Germany and Sweden will no longer be safe places for young women. Besides the increase in rapes, assaults, and terrorist threats, there could be dissasterous economic consequences such as the tourism industry being devestated. A lot of Americans are talking about canceling trips to Europe. Places like Italy and Greece's economies are largely dependent on tourism.
Well at least citizens of EU Members can move to any other EU country, especially the more eastern countries like Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary etc. should be safe, however you need either the money or/and language and work skills, the people who are wealthier have of course an advantage over the poor, it are the poor who suffer the most by the Muslim invasion while the wealthier might even profit from (I belong to the wealthier, so it is no jealousy in my words), I pity those who fall prey to the Muslim invasion and have no means to withdraw from this evil.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:40 PM

749 posts, read 856,998 times
I think this immigrant crisis things is very exaggerated on American media. The pool of immigrants has a high turn over, many arrive but many end up leaving quicklyMany countries have already harden their conditions of entry and/or plan on restricting the welfare for these people (eg Denmark) and that should repeal quite a few immigration candidates who plan on making the move toying with the idea that whatever country they end up in will give them a place to live on top of money against nothing in return. Also the pool of immigrants has a high turn over, many arrive but many end up leaving quickly
Therefore expecting that this situation will generate a massive emigration out of Europe is just sensationalism and is simply not going to happen. People come and go it's human nature, and the fact that some Jews decide to move to Israel is more based on personal/identity/religious reasons than due to the rampant antisemitism (though I am not denying it exists), Israel being far from being the safest place in the world.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:23 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,040,657 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdZLMUKJOJg

Last edited by Davy-040; 01-28-2016 at 07:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe