Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 12:01 PM

426 posts, read 394,671 times

Advertisements

I bet that your next door neighbour also believes that humanity will disappear because cows produce too much methane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 01:10 PM

4,032 posts, read 4,468,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
In general, it will be neighborhood by neighborhood...as it becomes a majority Muslim area, people will look to find a neighborhood that's not. There won't be a need to leave an area or a country until the population approaches 50%.

I have a next door neighbor that left Paris and settled his family in the USA because he believes that Muslims will eventually take over France and wanted a better place for his kids and future grandkids. He's a multimillionaire so most people don't have his options.
Traditionally European cities were segregated with immigrants living in urban slums. What is unique about the situation in Germany is that migrants are being located in desirable areas and small towns. In one case in Germany 1 thousand migrants were dumped in a tiny village and they now outnumber locals. A lot depends on what happens this year. On one hand the influx us increasing but also Countries such as Denmark and Austria's are closing their birders. That means migrants could get stuck in Italy and Greece.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:37 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
I had business in the suburb which is like 45% immigrant, close to the 'critical 50% mark', and one of the very poorest one in the city, if not the poorest. This was week or so back, it was a miserable and overcast day with slush and close to sunset. This was really intimidating:

You almost can feel the danger and the sharia police coming for you. After all, I was listening to pagan satanist house music. There were some 'darkies' and some women with hijabs at the shopping centre, who immediately made me uncomfortable. I even saw a Black person at the bus stop! In the bus I was as a blue-eyed atheist protestant in the minority of all passengers, so I immediately ordered an air strike. And this wasn't far from the refugee centre, so just in case I called the Navy to strike too on the bus immediately after I stepped out from it.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:12 PM

INFOGRAPHIC - U.S. Cities That Europeans Love

Old 02-07-2016, 03:13 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,220,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF View Post
France has the most number of people practicing the Islam faith in Europe and it is only 10-15% of the French population!

Take that into account, the UK has less. It just seems that way because most of them live in London or the other big cities.
Yes, but the UK's cities appear to have higher Muslim populations than nearly any other country besides maybe Belgium. Of course, this will probably shift more towards Germany and Sweden given the recent demographic movements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lim_population

Old 02-07-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Yes, but the UK's cities appear to have higher Muslim populations than nearly any other country besides maybe Belgium. Of course, this will probably shift more towards Germany and Sweden given the recent demographic movements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lim_population
As I pointed earlier in the UK Muslims are concentrated in low income urban areas. The England there was the Rotherham raoe scandal but part of the reason the media was able to sweep it under the rug is the victims of Pakistan I gang rapes were from poor backgrounds.in Germany migrants are being dispersed across small towns and and more upper income areas. It is also affecting the tourism industry.

Old 02-07-2016, 07:50 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,220,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I had business in the suburb which is like 45% immigrant, close to the 'critical 50% mark', and one of the very poorest one in the city, if not the poorest. This was week or so back, it was a miserable and overcast day with slush and close to sunset. This was really intimidating:

You almost can feel the danger and the sharia police coming for you. After all, I was listening to pagan satanist house music. There were some 'darkies' and some women with hijabs at the shopping centre, who immediately made me uncomfortable. I even saw a Black person at the bus stop! In the bus I was as a blue-eyed atheist protestant in the minority of all passengers, so I immediately ordered an air strike. And this wasn't far from the refugee centre, so just in case I called the Navy to strike too on the bus immediately after I stepped out from it.
Isn't Finland's Muslim population like 0.8% though?

Old 02-07-2016, 08:14 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,370,668 times
It doesn't look like a particularly liveable neighbourhood. I don't see much activity. No playground. No community facilities. What else is in that area? Just a block of concrete high-rises apartments? That's not a humane way to expect people to live and integrate with the larger city.

Are ethnic groups really that geographically isolated from one another there? No integrated schools? What initiatives are there to help immigrants pursue jobs outside of menial ones?

Old 02-07-2016, 08:19 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,370,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Yes, this is the saddest recent development in Europe.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:13 AM

749 posts, read 856,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Yes, this is the saddest recent development in Europe.
How is that sad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe