Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 11:24 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDenizen View Post
That could be a good idea 😊

You can support it here if you feel to

//www.city-data.com/forum/about...l#post42767709
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 11:26 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerwen View Post
I don't have the stats off hand.

I know off the top that a refugee stabbed and killed two Swedes at an IKEA store in Sweden in August, another Swede was stabbed in November, lithuanian migrant student was stabbed and killed by an ME migrant a few weeks ago and now an asylum worker has been stabbed and also killed by another 'youth' refugee.

That's a notable stat spike right there.
Alright. So compared to the number of migrants entering Sweden, what is the % of violent migrants vs non-violent migrants getting into the country?

Old 01-25-2016, 11:58 AM

106 posts, read 75,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Alright. So compared to the number of migrants entering Sweden, what is the % of violent migrants vs non-violent migrants getting into the country?

We don't know because Sweden does not release the ethnicities.

I think the alarming thing is that these stabbings seem to come from a collective hatred of non-muslims and a collective denigration of women.

This is a huge issue. Thousands of Jews have vacated France and Europe and in part because of rising anti-semitism.

Anyone who thinks this issue is small has not yet grasped the grand perspective.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:25 PM

994 posts, read 1,237,538 times
Quote:
I don't have the stats off hand.

I know off the top that a refugee stabbed and killed two Swedes at an IKEA store in Sweden in August, another Swede was stabbed in November, lithuanian migrant student was stabbed and killed by an ME migrant a few weeks ago and now an asylum worker has been stabbed and also killed by another 'youth' refugee.

That's a notable stat spike right there.
Quote:

I think the alarming thing is that these stabbings seem to come from a collective hatred of non-muslims and a collective denigration of women.

This is a huge issue. Thousands of Jews have vacated France and Europe and in part because of rising anti-semitism.

Anyone who thinks this issue is small has not yet grasped the grand perspective.
So, four stabbings across two countries over six months is, in your opinion, 'a notable stat spike' - how do you square that with the picture of very widespread violence you are trying to paint? I mean, the only situation in which this can represent a statistically significant spike is one with an extremely low underlying rate.

During the same period, about 300 people were murdered in Pennsylvania, which has about the same population as Lithuania and Sweden combined - and a murder rate roughly the same as the US average:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...tables/table-4

Of course, you're free to highlight whatever information you want to. But other people are also free to draw conclusions about you based on the choices you make, and to decide whether they think you are mainly worried about the victims of crime, or looking for an opportunity to demonise the wider groups from which certain perpetrators come...

Old 01-25-2016, 12:26 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Another homicide in Sweden today too: Misstänkt mord i Sundbyberg

This time most likely ethnic Swedes or OC. So I guess this event isn't important.
Actually, you're right. It isn't as important, because these are Swedish citizens.

You can't proactively deport your whole country, but you can enact border controls to prevent killers from entering your country.

Your bizarre logic seems to be "murderous immigrants are fine as long as there are some citizen murders too".

Old 01-25-2016, 12:41 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,719 times
Quote:
Ooooh, I see.

"Though the ethnicity in this case is not being divulged it's clear because it was one of the 'youths' housed at the center."

We can't go assuming things to make our calculations, that would wrong, right? Not fair at all.

Quote:

This is a huge issue but not for the reasons you're thinking about.
And this hatred of non-muslims and denigration of women comes from a number far too low to ring the alarm and shut the door to everyone.
We do not condone the actions of this minority of radicals, just like nobody condones any criminal. But nobody's demonizing white people for the crimes of a small percentage, so why are we doing that for anyone else? And for refugees especifically.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:51 PM

Incidentally, here's a detailed report of the 'Ikea stabbing' last year:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-of-refugees/

Quote:
Both Ukbagabir and Mahari are Christian, Eva Morén, assistant prosecutor for the Västmanland District Court, told The Washington Post in a phone interview.
Ukbagabir and Mahari are the two Eritrean asylum seekers involved - the former was the attacker, the latter a person he brought along who seemingly didn't know what was going to happen.

So, out of the four incidents Aerwen cites in support of the existence of a wave of violence motivated by 'a collective hatred of non-muslims', turns out at least one was committed by...a non-Muslim...

Old 01-25-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George & Bill View Post
So, four stabbings across two countries over six months is, in your opinion, 'a notable stat spike' - how do you square that with the picture of very widespread violence you are trying to paint? I mean, the only situation in which this can represent a statistically significant spike is one with an extremely low underlying rate.

During the same period, about 300 people were murdered in Pennsylvania, which has about the same population as Lithuania and Sweden combined - and a murder rate roughly the same as the US average:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...tables/table-4

Of course, you're free to highlight whatever information you want to. But other people are also free to draw conclusions about you based on the choices you make, and to decide whether they think you are mainly worried about the victims of crime, or looking for an opportunity to demonise the wider groups from which certain perpetrators come...

So now crime ridden Pennsylvania stands as the bar for Sweden to measure against?

The migrants are allowed in as a group because they are in crisis...right? If it were a matter of allowing in peoples who are destitute and in need of shelter and food then there would be takers from the world over. NO?

Since these thousands of young men are allowed in because they are from a specific subset, a specific group in crisis, then it calls to reason that their behavior would fall under scrutiny.

The question is not 'how many murders have they committed?' but 'why have they committed murder at all?'

In all cases the murders seem related to in bred hatred of women and non-muslims.

I'm hoping tomorrow the next few days we will not hear of another murder...against a jew, or a gang rape against a young girl, or the stabbing in the back of a boy.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
So now crime ridden Pennsylvania stands as the bar for Sweden to measure against?

The migrants are allowed in as a group because they are in crisis...right? If it were a matter of allowing in peoples who are destitute and in need of shelter and food then there would be takers from the world over. NO?

Since these thousands of young men are allowed in because they are from a specific subset, a specific group in crisis, then it calls to reason that their behavior would fall under scrutiny.

The question is not 'how many murders have they committed?' but 'why have they committed murder at all?'

In all cases the murders seem related to in bred hatred of women and non-muslims.

I'm hoping tomorrow the next few days we will not hear of another murder...against a jew, or a gang rape against a young girl, or the stabbing in the back of a boy.
So you're saying that an Eritrean Christian murdered two Swedes, one male and one female, because he was upset that they are not Muslim and one was a woman? I'm just struggling to figure out how that works...

Eritreans have been successfully have been successfully claiming asylum in Europe for some time, not as 'migrants [who] are allowed in as a group because they are in crisis', but as people who have left one of the most violently repressive countries in the world:

Quote:
Common patterns of abuse include forced labor during conscription, arbitrary arrests, detentions, and enforced disappearances.
https://www.hrw.org/africa/eritrea

Old 01-25-2016, 01:12 PM

a radical religion begets a lot of hatred and violence imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV710c1dgpU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe