Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:16 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times

Advertisements

Germany, UK, and France were and still are in some sort of contest to prove to themselves which country is the most liberal or progressive. To them, being progressive is a status symbol and a badge of honor.
To show to the world just how open minded and liberal they are, they stupidly opened their borders to Middle Eastern people without thought of the repercussions. The rest is history.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:08 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
Do you really believe that people wants to help because they feel guilty for what happened in German history? I don't feel guilty for that. But all people should learn from what happened in the past all over the world, independently from their nationality. But that's not the reason why people provide help for refugees. That's a sign of humanity. The fact that you are unable to understand why humans feel the need to help other humans who are in need, shows me that you seem to have lost the contact to nice people.

Are the youngsters who came to Germany really in need? Nobody has anything against families, women or children, but these hundred thousands of thugs are not in need. But help them and see how they will thank you and what they will do to the country. This is not about patriotism, I am no patriot, I'm quite sick of Germany. Think of somebody who really needs asylum like Salman Rushdie, he no longer would be safe in Germany due to Muslim thugs.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:14 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Sad to hear that.

Germans are among the world's most adorable people.

I believe no country is 100% good or 100% evil. You don't have to deny your country merely because of one man or party. Actually I adore Nazi Germany for its Animal welfare. The Nazi party was not 100% evil.

I've heard the UK had similar issues with Germany. They denied everything what the UK did before. Thanks to Margaret Thatcher, they have recovered their pride.
FYI, a lot of UK people detest Thatcher and what she did to the county

Old 02-12-2016, 08:55 AM

504 posts, read 465,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I am not aware of any other European nation that wants to dissolve within a Greater Europe,
Oh, I'd say quite a lot of Belgians would be quite happy with the idea.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:58 AM

504 posts, read 465,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Sad to hear that.

Germans are among the world's most adorable people.

I believe no country is 100% good or 100% evil. You don't have to deny your country merely because of one man or party. Actually I adore Nazi Germany for its Animal welfare. The Nazi party was not 100% evil.

I've heard the UK had similar issues with Germany. They denied everything what the UK did before. Thanks to Margaret Thatcher, they have recovered their pride.
WHHHHAAAATTTT?!!!

I don't think "adore" is a word that should be used in any context with regard to Nazi Germany - no matter how nice they were to animals (and I am a big animal rights type).

You are somewhat deluded as regards the UK's pride and Thatcher. She was detested by as many as who worshiped her. In retrospect, she did a lot of very necessary stuff, she did a lot of appalling stuff.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:42 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,115,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Are the youngsters who came to Germany really in need? Nobody has anything against families, women or children, but these hundred thousands of thugs are not in need. But help them and see how they will thank you and what they will do to the country. This is not about patriotism, I am no patriot, I'm quite sick of Germany. Think of somebody who really needs asylum like Salman Rushdie, he no longer would be safe in Germany due to Muslim thugs.

I don't like that you always put the religion into play. Do you believe that those criminals (e.g. from Nothern Africa) are believing Muslims? Pretty sure that those don't care about religion. Are people in South America less criminally? No, and they are Christians. Claiming that hundred thousands of the youngsters are thugs is absurd. I have met quite a few young refugees and they were all really nice. Yes, it's true that we have (e.g. in Düsseldorf) a big problem with those criminals. But it's wrong to tar all refugees with the same brush.
I try to see things from their perspective. Of course the refugees are in safety when they have arived in Turkey. But when I have to stay there for years in huge tent camps with no perspective. Pretty sure I would also try to get to Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands or other "good" places. But to assume that a significant amount of them are thugs or that they just want to get benefits is absurd.
Almost everyone has access to social media these days. And they can see that life in other places is much more enjoyable. I would get crazy when I would see what I miss in life when I had to stay in a place, where life is so dangerously or miserably. Especially when I have to consider the future of my kids.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:12 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
I don't like that you always put the religion into play. Do you believe that those criminals (e.g. from Nothern Africa) are believing Muslims? Pretty sure that those don't care about religion. Are people in South America less criminally? No, and they are Christians. Claiming that hundred thousands of the youngsters are thugs is absurd. I have met quite a few young refugees and they were all really nice. Yes, it's true that we have (e.g. in Düsseldorf) a big problem with those criminals. But it's wrong to tar all refugees with the same brush.
I try to see things from their perspective. Of course the refugees are in safety when they have arived in Turkey. But when I have to stay there for years in huge tent camps with no perspective. Pretty sure I would also try to get to Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands or other "good" places. But to assume that a significant amount of them are thugs or that they just want to get benefits is absurd.
Almost everyone has access to social media these days. And they can see that life in other places is much more enjoyable. I would get crazy when I would see what I miss in life when I had to stay in a place, where life is so dangerously or miserably. Especially when I have to consider the future of my kids.
Islam is not only a religion, it is also an ideology and has also a cultural aspect, Islam creates a culture of violence and is a religion/ideology of violence, I very much think that the migrant violence in Germany originates in their Islamic heritage whether they are devote Muslims or not. A majority of the so called refugees are not even Syrian. Whatever the reason is for the violence in South America it is not Christianity. Are you aware of the violence within the refugee camps in Germany? Migrants have fatally stapped each other with knives, there are mass riots in the camps, Christians and women are bullied and beaten, women and children are raped, do people that really search shelter do so?

Old 02-12-2016, 11:15 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times
I don't care actually...their country their choice.

Recently for example a mayor of big German city said he much prefers Muslim immigrants over Eastern Europeans. If they fill their whole country with all the 350 millions Muslims I still won't complain. After all that's what the Anglo/Germans want(UK being even more pro-Pakistani and pro-Muslim than Germany).

Remember even Hitler predicted Germany will be taken over by Muslims(according to Albert Speer).

Old 02-12-2016, 12:22 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
I don't think the holocaust should get swept under the rug but enough is enough.

How much longer will the rest of the world give Germany the guilt trip? It is time to allow them to be proud of their country like everybody else can be proud of their country. Neither me, nor my parents have done anything wrong but we still have to suffer what Hitler did.
Germany still thinks they need to make up and proof that they have changed.

Does the world constantly remind the US of slavery? No? Why not?

Old 02-12-2016, 12:35 PM

324 posts, read 467,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I don't think the holocaust should get swept under the rug but enough is enough.

How much longer will the rest of the world give Germany the guilt trip? It is time to allow them to be proud of their country like everybody else can be proud of their country. Neither me, nor my parents have done anything wrong but we still have to suffer what Hitler did.
Germany still thinks they need to make up and proof that they have changed.

Does the world constantly remind the US of slavery? No? Why not?
Most people forget that after WWII, Germany was a completely defeated and traumatized country. Basically a whole country living with PTSD. This defeat was followed up the Allies' denazification program and a complete takeover of German media. I would say that Germany is still very much dealing with the consequences of these events and it's unfortunate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe