Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 03:13 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I meant to say city. There were cities that had 500 ethnic Germans and in one week they received over 4000k refugees. Making them the minority.

A small amount of these people are refugees. They need to stay where it is safe, then return home after the conflict is over. Not pay thousands of dollars to be smuggled in illegally.

If I were one of them. I would stay in my Country and fight the problem, running away won't make it better.
That would make them villages more than cities and i highly doubt Germany's actually sending refugees there or that economic migrants even want to settle in such places

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Probably not in the whole country, but there are already towns and regions were Muslims are the majority or at least amongst the youngsters, a third of Muslim population would be worse enough, do you have an idea how much it would change society?
Even in a multicultural and heavily Turkish city such as Frankfurt, Muslims are only 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the idea behind creating Schengen must have been that people from Schengen member countries can move freely, but this freedom wouldn't extend to illegal migrants without papers, who run down fences and force their way through while yelling allahu akbar. Schengen can work only then when the outer borders are secured, it can't work when it is a walk through alley to whoever wishes to pass through. And since Greece is just a big pile of ... it is totally justified that its neighbors set up fences.
Yeah, then Italy, Greece and Spain should take all the burden then, the European Union would stop being such if our governments had your same reasoning. The EU should instead put all its eggs in securing its Southeastern borders because migrants are going to find a way once they are in Greece last i heard is that several of them are trying to travel through Albania and either cross the Adriatic to Italy or pass through Montenegro and Bosnia before entering in Croatia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 03:18 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,025,201 times
^ Not just Greece, Italy and Spain. If you look it on a map Macedonia and Bulgaria have worse geographic position in terms of proximity to Muslim countries. Kuukulgur has no reason to be worried for his Estonia though as no Muslim will ever reach there.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:19 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,719 times
Quote:
No polar bears in Estonia, hon.
Oh really, sweetypie? I've been told take trips to the zoo pretty often! You're quite the animal lover, aren't you?

Old 03-01-2016, 03:28 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Oh really, sweetypie? I've been told take trips to the zoo pretty often! You're quite the animal lover, aren't you?
Oh damn, I've got Sherlock on the case!

Well, I only go to Tallinn when I want to board a ship that takes me to a polar bear safari to Finland, in order to observe them in their natural habitat I swear!

Old 03-01-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
^ Not just Greece, Italy and Spain. If you look it on a map Macedonia and Bulgaria have worse geographic position in terms of proximity to Muslim countries. Kuukulgur has no reason to be worried for his Estonia though as no Muslim will ever reach there.
Muslims coming from Albania, Bosnia and Kosovo are for the most part secular, in the same way as most Orthodox or Catholics in those same countries are.

I have forgot your country which directly borders with Turkey but it seems that you are handling the situation quite well so far or that it hasn't been covered by the media

Old 03-01-2016, 03:38 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,025,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Muslims coming from Albania, Bosnia and Kosovo are for the most part secular, in the same way as most Orthodox or Catholics in those same countries are.

I have forgot your country which directly borders with Turkey but it seems that you are handling the situation quite well so far or that it hasn't been covered by the media
Hm it depends on your definition of "handling well"...more like one person vs three million :

Bulgarian Civilian Patrolling Border With Turkey Has Already Single-Handedly Captured 25 Illegal Migrants - Breitbart

It's honestly not that bad but it's rather a question of what will the future bring. Otherwise there should be <5000 or less refugees which is nothing.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:39 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,977 times
Quote:
That would make them villages more than cities and i highly doubt Germany's actually sending refugees there or that economic migrants even want to settle in such places

Even in a multicultural and heavily Turkish city such as Frankfurt, Muslims are only 12%

Yeah, then Italy, Greece and Spain should take all the burden then, the European Union would stop being such if our governments had your same reasoning. The EU should instead put all its eggs in securing its Southeastern borders because migrants are going to find a way once they are in Greece last i heard is that several of them are trying to travel through Albania and either cross the Adriatic to Italy or pass through Montenegro and Bosnia before entering in Croatia.
If I recall correctly, when Juncker was sworn in, he said immigration wouldn't be on the first page of his priorities. Yes and no, the EU should indeed put some eggs into helping Greece (a failed state by now or very soon), Italy and Spain to secure its outer borders. The money to achieve this would be laughable compared to the total budget of the EU, so we really couldn't talk about 'all its eggs', just some egg molecules, really. The EU really should invest to secure its eastern borders from Norway down to Greece (Cyprus), and of course the southern borders, too.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
If I recall correctly, when Juncker was sworn in, he said immigration wouldn't be on the first page of his priorities. Yes and no, the EU should indeed put some eggs into helping Greece (a failed state by now or very soon), Italy and Spain to secure its outer borders. The money to achieve this would be laughable compared to the total budget of the EU, so we really couldn't talk about 'all its eggs', just some egg molecules, really. The EU really should invest to secure its eastern borders from Norway down to Greece (Cyprus), and of course the southern borders, too.
Of course, mine was a hyperbole, i just think that Europe should address the problem of its Southeastern borders before Summer comes. The ceasefire in Syria should help slowing down the influx of immigrants

Old 03-01-2016, 05:10 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Quote:
Of course, mine was a hyperbole, i just think that Europe should address the problem of its Southeastern borders before Summer comes. The ceasefire in Syria should help slowing down the influx of immigrants

I agree. Something needs to be done. They already have more people coming this year than they did last year. At this pace. Especially in the summer, they will easily do 1.5 million. Hopefully word went out in the ME that Afghans are no longer welcomed. As long as people are getting let through , there will always be people coming. My main concern for Europeans , is I wonder how many isis fighters got in.....

Old 03-02-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I agree. Something needs to be done. They already have more people coming this year than they did last year. At this pace. Especially in the summer, they will easily do 1.5 million. Hopefully word went out in the ME that Afghans are no longer welcomed. As long as people are getting let through , there will always be people coming. My main concern for Europeans , is I wonder how many isis fighters got in.....
I actually i think it will slow down this year but that the numbers will keep being high, haven't heard a peep from Syria and Iraq in the last couple days. It seems that Syria not only will have democratic elections but that it'll turned into a federalist country with Kurds in the North, Christians and Shias in the East and Southeast and Sunnis anywhere else. These positive developments should help people think twice before fleeing their country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe