Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 06:09 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,975,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
How dare countries secure their borders!

I'm OUTRAGED!
Yes, they should let anyone in the world traipse thru their countries. Europeans should have patrol boats sending these illegals back to the Middle East / Northern Africa before they ever step foot on European soil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 06:20 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,975,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Cant the migrants just be flown to Germany using military transport aircraft?
They should fly them back to where the migrants came from. If an American tried to illegally enter Europe, I would be flown back to America. I don't understand why Europe has opened its borders to Muslims but not other nationalities. Seems racist to me.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:46 PM

324 posts, read 467,869 times
The 21st century is great. You don't need swords and armor to plunder the resources of a nation. You just have to show up and ask for a check.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:54 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
They should fly them back to where the migrants came from. If an American tried to illegally enter Europe, I would be flown back to America. I don't understand why Europe has opened its borders to Muslims but not other nationalities. Seems racist to me.
because Muslim isn't a nationality

Old 03-03-2016, 06:55 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,668 times
Quote:
Yes, they should let anyone in the world traipse thru their countries. Europeans should have patrol boats sending these illegals back to the Middle East / Northern Africa before they ever step foot on European soil.
or you could let the Europeans decide what they want to do

Old 03-03-2016, 10:03 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,296,223 times
Quote:
What about American Muslims ?

Old 03-03-2016, 10:04 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,296,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_u_a_wizard View Post
The 21st century is great. You don't need swords and armor to plunder the resources of a nation. You just have to show up and ask for a check.
I came to Italy and I'm still waiting for my check

Old 03-03-2016, 12:21 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,996,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the idea behind creating Schengen must have been that people from Schengen member countries can move freely, but this freedom wouldn't extend to illegal migrants without papers, who run down fences and force their way through while yelling allahu akbar. Schengen can work only then when the outer borders are secured, it can't work when it is a walk through alley to whoever wishes to pass through. And since Greece is just a big pile of ... it is totally justified that its neighbors set up fences.
I don't suppose the current situation was imagined when Schengen was proposed.

Wasn't the idea to let Europeans travel freely through Europe?

Old 03-03-2016, 12:38 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Randal Walker View Post
I don't suppose the current situation was imagined when Schengen was proposed.

Wasn't the idea to let Europeans travel freely through Europe?
FYI, the Schengen clauses did not even take such a current situation into consideration, and all EU countries agree upon that free travel should be reserved for EU citizens only.

Though the old mantra still being parroted that Merkel and for example Sweden are welcoming all with open arms, it's simply not true. Both countries are thinking furiously how the influx of refugees and golddiggers can be halted or stopped completely, at the same time when they are stepping up deportations. There are even re-instablished border checks between Sweden and Denmark which were abolished in 1954, predating Schengen with decades!

Old 03-03-2016, 01:59 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,996,069 times
What's next?

Last edited by Tim Randal Walker; 03-03-2016 at 02:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe