Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:41 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times

Advertisements

Illegal and enforced here. Quite common, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 05:24 AM

426 posts, read 394,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
I think our country handles it completely the wrong way. To other people it might sound great that it is almost legal in the NL but the whole "gedogen" policy still causes a lot of trouble for a lot of people.

"Gedogen" doesn't mean it's legal, it means it's tolerated but still officially illegal. Because of this the whole weed industry is still in hands of criminal organisations and the coffeeshops are still forced to do business with criminals to buy their weed.
A lot of money goes around in the weed business and from time to time there is a kind of a "war" between crime groups, fighting over power in the "weed world". That goes with executions in the streets (mostly in Amsterdam and Rotterdam), car bombs and even bombings of coffeeshops, as we've seen in Eindhoven years ago.

All this is completely unnecessary because when it would be completely legalized, the shops could have plantations and grow big amounts to sell. Or farmers could switch to growing Marihuana and that way have more income and more different crops to grow. Also it could be taxed (the shops are taxed but not the illegal growers). And crime groups would loose their grip on the weed busines.

I'm not a weed smoker btw, but I find it a scandal that our government still keeps this stuff in the underworld.

I was in Xauen, near Ketama, and they mentioned they were selling their good stuff, doble cero and polén, to Amsterdam. Xauen is a mignificent place, flights for 70€ (Tetúan). They speak Spanish, also some French.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:49 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
I was in Xauen, near Ketama, and they mentioned they were selling their good stuff, doble cero and polén, to Amsterdam. Xauen is a mignificent place, flights for 70€ (Tetúan). They speak Spanish, also some French.
I'm sure they do, but the biggest part of the weed business is home grown "Nederwiet" which is stronger than most eastern substances like Ketama, Nepal, Afgan etc. The Nederwiet is where all the crime is about.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:16 AM

426 posts, read 394,671 times
Cattle

The best is lebanon..no discussion...hasch.
That weed is also grown here..larger quantities as weather is better...etc...but..those seeds are modified genetically and are dangerous. Hasch..even bad one..is healthier.
No need for cafes here..we have clubs...thousands of them.

Last edited by Krokodill; 03-04-2016 at 10:25 AM..

Old 03-04-2016, 10:37 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
I think most of the Dutch weed sold in the coffeeshops is cultivated locally. Forget any African or Asian field grown weed. The dutch have become experts at it in controlled indoor environments - finally tuning strains and hybrids over decades and growing generations to get varieties with different tastes, aromas, and impact. I've had my share of American weed over the decades - absolutely nothing compares to Dutch herb.
But anyways Dutch drug laws are full of contradictions - easily obtained from coffeshops (although highly regulated), at the same time coffeeshops must often break the law to obtain weed to provide to it's customers. And they are just strange laws - while you can puff away on cannabis in a coffeeshop, it's against the law to smoke tobacco in a coffeshop (you have to have a separate room). Also they are recently closing coffeeshops to tourists in border towns to prevent the flood of, for instance, German dopers over the border every weekend.

Now where is that elderly moderator from Utah that years ago gave me an infraction for daring to mention weed in a thread? How times change. Now mods join the discussion!

Last edited by Dd714; 03-04-2016 at 10:45 AM..

Old 03-04-2016, 10:47 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
if you get caught with ANY illegal drug, including weed, in Germany, you'll lose your drivers license for a loooooooooong time and it is incredibly difficult and expensive to get it back. It takes years and pee tests and behavioral tests and doctors exams and evaluations and costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Even if they catch you with weed and you pass a blood test. Just the fact that you possess drugs is enough to make you lose your license, even if you can prove you don't consume it.

But they have good public transportation ...

Old 03-04-2016, 12:24 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,126,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
if you get caught with ANY illegal drug, including weed, in Germany, you'll lose your drivers license for a loooooooooong time and it is incredibly difficult and expensive to get it back. It takes years and pee tests and behavioral tests and doctors exams and evaluations and costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Even if they catch you with weed and you pass a blood test. Just the fact that you possess drugs is enough to make you lose your license, even if you can prove you don't consume it.

But they have good public transportation ...
That was true, has changed a bit depending on state and judge. The legalisation movement is getting stronger. Normally (well maybe not in Bavaria) if you are not caught driving you won't lose your license.
Lot's of people smoke the herb, head and growshops are common. Possession of small amounts other than driving is no biggie. Drug tests are almost unheard of in the job market. Several of my friends and coworkers grow a plant or two. Medical is starting to happen, I think recreational will become legal eventually

Old 03-04-2016, 12:37 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
That was true, has changed a bit depending on state and judge. The legalisation movement is getting stronger. Normally (well maybe not in Bavaria) if you are not caught driving you won't lose your license.
Lot's of people smoke the herb, head and growshops are common. Possession of small amounts other than driving is no biggie. Drug tests are almost unheard of in the job market. Several of my friends and coworkers grow a plant or two. Medical is starting to happen, I think recreational will become legal eventually
Well, my ex lost his license two years ago because he drove around with "stuff" in his car. He sold his car because he doesn't think he'll ever get a license again. It is his 2nd time getting caught which means it is even more difficult to convince the government that you have "changed" to a mature and good citizen. Neither time was he smoking, he was in possession.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:49 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,126,285 times
There are a lot of conflicting rulings and interpretations at the moment.
There are new testing methods and discussion regarding allowed amounts of thc....
Don't drive high, don't look like a stereotypical stoner, be over 40 ;-) drive a car that does not look like a pimpmobile (lowered 3er or 5er BMW ��) not likely to have a problem.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:16 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I think most of the Dutch weed sold in the coffeeshops is cultivated locally. Forget any African or Asian field grown weed. The dutch have become experts at it in controlled indoor environments - finally tuning strains and hybrids over decades and growing generations to get varieties with different tastes, aromas, and impact. I've had my share of American weed over the decades - absolutely nothing compares to Dutch herb.
But anyways Dutch drug laws are full of contradictions - easily obtained from coffeshops (although highly regulated), at the same time coffeeshops must often break the law to obtain weed to provide to it's customers. And they are just strange laws - while you can puff away on cannabis in a coffeeshop, it's against the law to smoke tobacco in a coffeshop (you have to have a separate room). Also they are recently closing coffeeshops to tourists in border towns to prevent the flood of, for instance, German dopers over the border every weekend.

Now where is that elderly moderator from Utah that years ago gave me an infraction for daring to mention weed in a thread? How times change. Now mods join the discussion!

Yes the Dutch weed is home grown and is very strong. It is grown on the attics houses under highly cultivated conditions. Special irrigation systems, high power lamps, genetically modified seeds etc. There's nothing natural in it anymore, and i've heard several times that its became so strong that it can barely be seen as a "soft drug" nowadays.

Our laws are crazy to say the least. It only causes a lot of trouble. Shops are allowed to sell but people are not allowed to grow large amounts WTF?? than how are they supposed to get their product in a legal way?

Because of this, people grow illegally on the attic of normal houses, but to not get caught they "steel" the power they need by by- passing the electrical meter.

Also the high power gear they use causes for a lot of fires in buildings due to lack of good ventilation.

During the housing crisis a lot of empty houses where illegally used by criminals (and still) for growing weed, without the owners knowing it. This were houses that were rented by the owners through agencies because they couldn't sell it.
Due to the privacy laws the owners couldn't enter their own houses, and after months when tenants left they found their houses ruined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe