Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 03:17 PM

147 posts, read 100,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Indeed! A shame they had to be treated like dirt by the government, they just tried to protest against those who facilitate a government that's heading more and more towards dictatorship and paid the price for it
Don't you think that they should act in a legal field? They commited a crime so they were punished. And then they were released under amnesty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What's really funny here (or rather sad) that you jump into discussion of a subject that you really don't know much about.
I don't see any connections between corruption in ROC and Putin.
I know the subject, I live in the country which you discuss.
I don't visit any church and I don't trust any clergy.
But nobody can injure feelings of believers.

Once we had a conversation with a Pole about corruption in church. And he showed me what cars have catholic clergy in Poland. The same as in Russia.

Quote:
but even this is not as bad as what you read on a subject in Russian. The ROC are laying claims to children's hospitals, music halls, museums - just because they want to take over the buildings or the land they are built on.
Sometimes they get those buildings, sometimes they don't. How does it connected with Putin?
Don't they have a right to lay a claim?

Quote:
Says why that "it doesn't matter?" And how can you even talk about these things, when you don't even have the basic information?
Because it doesn't matter what was that song about. The main thing that shocked Russian people was their behavior in a church.

Quote:
The "Spiritual Administration of Muslims" that is convenient for Putin and void of Muslim radicals is indeed supported by him and vice versa.
Muslim radicals are usually terrorists.

Quote:
In case of Chechnia however, Putin yet again struck a deal with local chieftains and let them run the show the way they like, approving the polygamy if necessary as the latest case showed us.
And what is wrong with it?

Quote:
In my personal opinion he is far away from being "God" - he is too corrupt for this role.
That was a joke

Old 03-05-2016, 03:40 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
Don't you think that they should act in a legal field? They commited a crime so they were punished. And then they were released under amnesty
I don't consider what they did particularly offensive to religion on the whole, it's offensive only to the clergy (for endorsing Putin when state and religion should be separated and the politician in question is almost a dictator) but not to the concept that's behind religion. After all, theirs was just a (excessively extreme and borderline) way to keep opposing the government

They were released only because Russia would have been under continue scrutiny from the West if they didn't. ***** Riots just gained exceptional popularity in the West and that sealed their release

Old 03-05-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I don't consider what they did particularly offensive to religion on the whole, it's offensive only to the clergy (for endorsing Putin when state and religion should be separated and the politician in question is almost a dictator) but not to the concept that's behind religion. After all, theirs was just a (excessively extreme and borderline) way to keep opposing the government
They offended orthodox believers. They offended a lot of Russian people.
And they didn't offend Putin at all.
It is not a problem to oppose the government in Russia. But you have to do it in a legal field.

Oh, I've found some news from the West

Pennsylvania Teenager Simulates Oral Sex With Jesus Statue, Faces 2 Years in Prison

"Militant Atheist" found guilty of religious harassment

Quote:
They were released only because Russia would have been under continue scrutiny from the West if they didn't. ***** Riots just gained exceptional popularity in the West and that sealed their release
Let's say the truth. Nobody ever knew about them. That was just a black PR.
They were released because there was an amnesty in Russia. They were realesed with other prisoners.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:07 PM

684 posts, read 714,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
Atheism is the absence of supernatural beliefs. Or more literally, it's the absence of belief in one or more divinities. (A-the-ism) Technically, Buddhism is a form of atheism, in that it's non-theistic.

Every definition of Atheism I can find online uses word "belief". So it's a belief system. Based on English spoken in US, Buddhism is a religion.

Here in the US if you are not harming any-one, your belief system is called Religion and we have religious freedoms protected by law.

If you would look at atheism as if it was a religion, you would have a better picture of it all.

Here is a test. Ask an Atheist, "What is your religion ?" The response would be "Atheism". Hence Atheism is a religion.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:

No

There is a crime in Russia called Hooliganism. Their crime fits the description. It was not the fist time they got arrested for this.

The only thing you care about is that something they said is a popular agenda in your party line. It simply fits your agenda agreeing with them.

We can compare the double standards of democracy. In US we have laws and your right to protest must be with in those laws.

If they did the same or similar in the US. And it was directed at one of the political parties. They would still be arrested and given that it's not their first offense of this sort...

In US we also have laws that are called Hate Crimes and I am not sure how much prison time they would get in US.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:36 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
I don't see any connections between corruption in ROC and Putin.
I know the subject, I live in the country which you discuss.
That means you don't know the subject, even though you live in the country that I discuss.

Quote:
I don't visit any church and I don't trust any clergy.
But nobody can injure feelings of believers.
How exactly the "feelings of believers" were "injured"?

Quote:
Once we had a conversation with a Pole about corruption in church. And he showed me what cars have catholic clergy in Poland. The same as in Russia.
I never said that Catholic church and Orthodox Church are extremely different.

Quote:
Sometimes they get those buildings, sometimes they don't. How does it connected with Putin?
Don't they have a right to lay a claim?
Why should they lay claim to the buildings that serve the public?

Quote:
Because it doesn't matter what was that song about. The main thing that shocked Russian people was their behavior in a church.
What so horrible was about their "behavior" in church? Did they urinate or get naked, did they yell profanities at public ?
That was disorderly conduct, and not particularly severe at that, with no destruction of property, so it clearly didn't deserve two years, no matter how "shocked" believers were. Just because someone is "shocked" people shouldn't be sent to Ural colony for two years.
So no, the whole ordeal had clearly political undertones.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
What so horrible was about their "behavior" in church? Did they urinate or get naked, did they yell profanities at public ?
That was disorderly conduct, and not particularly severe at that, with no destruction of property, so it clearly didn't deserve two years, no matter how "shocked" believers were. Just because someone is "shocked" people shouldn't be sent to Ural colony for two years.
So no, the whole ordeal had clearly political undertones.
I am an American citizen, so I am speaking English, American English.

In US we have something that Is called "Repeat offender". Basically if you cause a disturbance you are charged with a rather low level crime. When you become a repeat offender, your punishment increases.

So basically based my limited knowledge of US laws.
Disorderly Conduct, 3rd or 4rth offense ?
Hate Crime ?

Every-one seems so shocked why Russians enforced their laws ?

You know I was rather neutral to Russia as a country. I live in NYC and it does not relate to me. The more western media bad mouses Russia, the more pro-Russian my views are becoming. Simply looking for the truth.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:07 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
I am an American citizen, so I am speaking English, American English.
I assume that your native language is Russian.
With that being said, let me verify what you are saying in English here;

"In US we have something that Is called "Repeat offender". Basically if you cause a disturbance you are charged with a rather low level crime. When you become a repeat offender, your punishment increases."

So what you are saying is that these girls were not *singing* their "prayer" for the first time in church, and they were the "repeat offenders?"

Quote:
So basically based my limited knowledge of US laws.
Disorderly Conduct, 3rd or 4rth offense ?
Hate Crime ?

Every-one seems so shocked why Russians enforced their laws ?
It was clearly the "crime" that didn't fit the punishment.

Quote:
You know I was rather neutral to Russia as a country. I live in NYC and it does not relate to me. The more western media bad mouses Russia, the more pro-Russian my views are becoming. Simply looking for the truth.
There is no such thing as "black and white" when it comes to the US/Western media and Russia.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I assume that your native language is Russian.
With that being said, let me verify what you are saying in English here;

"In US we have something that Is called "Repeat offender". Basically if you cause a disturbance you are charged with a rather low level crime. When you become a repeat offender, your punishment increases."

So what you are saying is that these girls were not *singing* their "prayer" for the first time in church, and they were the "repeat offenders?"

It was clearly the "crime" that didn't fit the punishment.

There is no such thing as "black and white" when it comes to the US/Western media and Russia.
Be careful with Black and White. You are using a Russian idiom that has nothing to do with races and skin colors.... Here this idiom is not understood, they will think it has something to do with racism.

I am saying that these girls were repeat offends. They have been arrested before multiple times. This is where only they think they are performing a song. To the rest of the people that see them, they are the idiot who is screaming obscenities into the crowd. Creating a disturbance. So here is a charge of Disturbance. 4rth offense.

So basically this: + being a repeat offender who is giving no indication that they will stop committing crimes.
Disturbing the Peace - FindLaw

So how much prison time they would get in US?

Can they be convicted of "Hate Crime" under US laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe