Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 11:10 AM

147 posts, read 100,253 times

Advertisements

And what about these cases?

Pennsylvania Teenager Simulates Oral Sex With Jesus Statue, Faces 2 Years in Prison

"Militant Atheist" found guilty of religious harassment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 11:35 AM

684 posts, read 713,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What "based on my logic?"
Vatican - that's Catholic Church; why should they go to protest to Italy, when they live in Russia, under Orthodox Church?
Who cares, Vatican is corrupt, Have not seen the movies about them on Netflix? So go to Vatican and protest there.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:39 AM

I'm Russian. I'm not a follower of any religion.
But church is a saint place for me.
When I watched that video i felt irritation, sadness, insult and i was disgusted.
We all know how vulnerable are the feelings of believers.
So that was really a disaster what they felt.

By the way that video was filmed in 2 different churches. They really wanted to be punished.
They were nor arrested in the church. One of clergymen claimed on them.

May be they planned that as a political action. But people in Russia considered it to be an offence of believers.

There were so many supporters all over the world but none of them did go to a church and sing that song.
If you think that they were punished underervadly- go and sing that song in your church.
Otherwise your words are nonsense

Old 03-06-2016, 11:47 AM

Let's return to a the subject of the theme.

I've found out what really that guy wrote in a social net

The collection of Jewish tales which is called Bible is totally a ........
I ***** liturgical макулатура and the feelings of believers. If you don't like it you can sue me

Old 03-06-2016, 01:09 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
Who cares, Vatican is corrupt, Have not seen the movies about them on Netflix? So go to Vatican and protest there.
That's the key words here - "who cares," the denial of realities and then proceeding with reiteration with own beliefs no matter what.
How very Russian of you)))

Old 03-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serabal View Post
I'm Russian. I'm not a follower of any religion.
But church is a saint place for me. When I watched that video i felt irritation, sadness, insult and i was disgusted.
We all know how vulnerable are the feelings of believers.
So that was really a disaster what they felt.
Again -it's quite obvious that you are Russian, since all these statements are quite contradictory to each other, yet somehow they make sense to you.
Normally, if you are not a "follower of any religion," you don't feel "irritation, sadness and insult" in case of someone playing "wrong kind of music" in church, but to you, as a Russian, Orthodox church represents yet another institution supporting the foundation of "things Russian" and that's why when these institutions are challenged, you feel concerned, even if you are not a follower of any religion.
This refusal to analyze things on a deeper level makes one a perfect warrior I suppose, who believes in justice of collective beliefs and actions, and that probably what makes Russians to prevail at the end no matter what - these deeply ingrained beliefs. Which has the quality of its own, but not when it comes to rational arguments in discussions.
That is not to say that Russians don't have deeply philosophical people among them, knowledgeable and discerning - they very much do, it's just you don't belong tho THAT type of Russians, so...it doesn't make much sense to argue with you, since your whole outlook belongs to a different level.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Again -it's quite obvious that you are Russian, since all these statements are quite contradictory to each other, yet somehow they make sense to you.
Normally, if you are not a "follower of any religion," you don't feel "irritation, sadness and insult" in case of someone playing "wrong kind of music" in church, but to you, as a Russian, Orthodox church represents yet another institution supporting the foundation of "things Russian" and that's why when these institutions are challenged, you feel concerned, even if you are not a follower of any religion.
You used a wrong word for Russians - "normally". We don't have anything normally
That's why Russia in upredictable and unbeatable.

I wrote about my feelings. There couldn't be any logic in feelinigs.

Why do you want us to be like you want?
What is yours nationality by the way?

Old 03-06-2016, 02:09 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
You used a wrong word for Russians - "normally". We don't have anything normally

You just explained why your country is so crappy.

Old 03-06-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
You just explained why your country is so crappy.
Don't be so envious. That complex of small countries is very disturbing, but you'll be ok

Old 03-06-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I don't argue with that.

Quote:

Why do you want us to be like you want?
I never said that I want you ( as in collective "you") to be like "what I want."
I only pointed that when it comes to discussions here ( and arguments in particular) - you might find yourself quite lonely, with no takers to participate. So I explained to you the reasons behind that.

Quote:
What is yours nationality by the way?
Born and raised in Moscow, hon.
How would have I known all these things otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe