Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 07:47 AM

13 posts, read 10,762 times

Advertisements

i only can work 40% in Iceland and i can't work full time during study , but i want to know can i cover my costs(basics needs) of living in Iceland just by work 40% ? there is anyway to do that? anyone has experience ? or there is solutions .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 03:22 AM

651 posts, read 416,485 times
Do you mean 40% of 24 hours, of 16 hours (day time) or of 8 hours (working_hours)?

Iceland has tough immigration legislation. It is true for foreign students too! To get admission to the University you have to show the reference that your income is more than 785 euro per month (exclude social benefits).

I don't know may a foreign student of an Iceland University work. This is a law issue. It seems the answer to the question is positive (by parity of reasoning of other countries).

They say (Internet forums) there isn't much free work positions in Iceland. A student can try to find a job in cafe, farm or fish processing (it's a season job).

Old 03-19-2016, 11:50 AM

Do you mean 40% of 24 hours, of 16 hours (day time) or of 8 hours (working_hours)?
Quote:
Students that are non EU/EEA citizens may apply for a work permit for employment of up to 15 hours a week (40%) unless the work is during breaks or for internship, but cannot work until the work permit has been approve
i know i need to show bank account with sufficient amount
Quote:
you have to show the reference that your income is more than 785 euro per month
in University Guide:
Quote:
Remember to pack:Tickets, insurance papers and other documents required for the residence permit, i.e. documentary evidence that you have enough money to support yourself while studying in Iceland (a recent bank statement or proof of scholarship)
i love Iceland but i curious to know if there is other European country where i can study and cover my costs of living through work

Old 03-20-2016, 07:52 AM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
The university's foreign student department can answer your question. The problem will be finding work if you are legally authorized to do so.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:29 AM

426 posts, read 394,515 times
I had a waiter from Iceland and, strangely, I had and Icelandic cook..and what was more coincidencial, they were related---seems to be common..and more coincidences...they were gays and they became a couple, quite common even though there was a difference of age.

They told me about prices, and they told me they could live in Iceland because they were Icelandic, had properties, social services. But they say that life was incredibly expensive as compared to Spain, that no European could live there unless rich, that travels inside were very expensive...

Each one drank a bottle of whysky or two...they also loved beers and that pestiferous aqua whatever..., Spanish brands..if not I would have gone broken, whatever they could drink, they went out a LOT...and they told me they could not live like that in Iceland AT ALL.

So Iceland is very expensive even for Europeans.

As to any study. any country, Italy, France, Spain, etc.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:59 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aladin1991 View Post
i love Iceland but i curious to know if there is other European country where i can study and cover my costs of living through work

It would be possible in Germany. It's pretty affordable and universities are virtually free of tuitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCtqHwjCPOQ

Old 03-22-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
It would be possible in Germany. It's pretty affordable and universities are virtually free of tuitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCtqHwjCPOQ
i was love Iceland as there is no a lot problems there but it's seem very expensive ,
but i don't know i feel there is a lot problems in Germany , everyone in world want move to Germany, a lot refuges things will be complicated , etc .

i don't know if there is countries in Eu where i can cover my costs of living , and there is chance to stay after finish my study (if there is other way instead of find woman to marry as i think it's something not guarantee)

Old 03-24-2016, 04:37 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aladin1991 View Post
i was love Iceland as there is no a lot problems there but it's seem very expensive ,
but i don't know i feel there is a lot problems in Germany , everyone in world want move to Germany, a lot refuges things will be complicated , etc .

i don't know if there is countries in Eu where i can cover my costs of living , and there is chance to stay after finish my study (if there is other way instead of find woman to marry as i think it's something not guarantee)

With such a strange mindset it's not a good idea to study, anywhere. The refugees doesn't affect the every day life of the average citizens.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
With such a strange mindset it's not a good idea to study, anywhere. The refugees doesn't affect the every day life of the average citizens.
i don't talk about refugees , i meant i fear from racism against strangers because refugees crisis especially in Germany i have bad feeling about that part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe