Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 06:16 AM

330 posts, read 228,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Copy the US immigration system, the dysfunctional system that failed to be revamped for decades due to political BS, the system which allows millions of illegals to stay for years and obtain residency, while keeping qualified Phds and Master's wait 10 years for a greencard?

That's the last system you want to copy.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westaroeal View Post
It's very hard to get into the US. The sheer effort it takes to get a green card is ridiculous when compared to liberal countries like Canada, and the US has deported more Muslims (a lot of them Pakistanis) than any other country.
I know, I don't know what they are talking about. They are very ignorant, it is impossible for a British person to get there.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I assume you're talking about Hamtramck, MI, which is probably close to majority Muslim, and heavily Bangladeshi. It's just a working class suburb.

In NYC there are some majority Muslim areas, but it isn't common. One part of Bay Ridge Brooklyn is heavily Egyptian/Lebanese/Palestinian/Jordanian. One part of Kensington Brooklyn is heavily Pakistani. There's also a majority Arab section just outside NYC in Paterson, NJ, and a Little Egypt in Astoria, Queens. All these areas are just regular working class zones.
Really? I seen hardly any Muslims in NYC, Muslims are very rare in America. Go to England and they are everywhere.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:48 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguru View Post
Really? I seen hardly any Muslims in NYC, Muslims are very rare in America. Go to England and they are everywhere.
Wait, what? Have you been to NYC?

There is a very obvious Muslim population in NYC. You cannot walk the streets or ride the subways without noticing hijabs and the like.

And the U.S. and UK have similar sized Muslim populations. The UK obviously has a much higher %, because a smaller country, but it isn't like there are no Muslims in the U.S.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:06 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguru View Post
I know, I don't know what they are talking about. They are very ignorant, it is impossible for a British person to get there.
not impossible - marry an American

Old 03-31-2016, 10:26 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Copy the US immigration system, the dysfunctional system that failed to be revamped for decades due to political BS, the system which allows millions of illegals to stay for years and obtain residency, while keeping qualified Phds and Master's wait 10 years for a greencard?

That's the last system you want to copy.
In addition to this, the system that turns a blind eye to millions of illegals and actually goes out of its way to assist in keeping illegal immigrant families together, while denying foreign family members of legal immigrants and US citizens a simple visa for visiting.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:50 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorxxx View Post
Muslims: Should the rest of the world copy USA's strict immigration rules?

USA's strict immigration rules is a joke. Strict, LOL.
Exactly.

I believe this whole thread is a big joke

Old 04-02-2016, 02:42 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Which ones?

Europe is probably the most immigrant-friendly place on earth. I mean, in most of Europe, anyone can move to your country, for any reason, provided they're part of Schengen (which is to say most of Europe). That's alone like 30 countries.
Ariete is right regarding non- EU internal migration, which is protected within the EU (not just the Schengen region). Still, each country has its own residence and work rules for this type of migration.

Perhaps you are confusing tourism visits from visa-waiver countries (only) with the right of free movement under the EU Constitution.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:26 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,987,907 times
Quote:
I am liberal and I think immigration is important to help keep the economy going.

But I think the unvetted immigration being carried out by Europe and Canada are causing too much harm.

Muslims have a stereotype of being lower class and being criminals, their children often falling far behind Indians/East-Asians at assimilation/integration and being a model minority. They end up in ghettos similar to the Pakistani/Bangladeshi ghettos found in America.

I think the world needs to be more restrictive with immigration requirements. They could easily copy the USA, who forcibly restricted/reported many Pakistanis in the late-2000s, and thereby saved themselves the troubles that have rocked Europe.
I don't see how Angela Merkel or anyone else could look at what's happening in her country or virtually anywhere else in Europe and believe it's anything other than a Muslim invasion into predominately Christian countries. And they didn't even need to bring weapons to fight their way in, they just walked across several borders to get there. Merkel seeing herself as a great humanitarian cares little about the German lives that are being severely affected in a negative way having to live amongst those who hate them, rape German women, want to take over by flooding the country with Muslims, etc. And that's pretty much what leaders of other European countries have done as well, Merkel just stands out because she agreed to take so many and was so vocal about welcoming them and stepping on the back of the necks of those who have opposed it. As someone with German ancestry and lived in southern Germany about halfway between Munich and the Austrian border for three years during the 1980's it's sad to see, as it's an absolutely beautiful part of the world between the scenery and culture. The European population really needs to stand up and fight for sending them back to the countries of origin, most of whom aren't even from Syria which is where citizens were told they were coming from to escape the war.

I wish my country, the U.S., had stricter immigration laws, but unfortunately you are wrong about that. While they are strict for people wishing to come from developed nations like England, Scotland, Germany, etc., there has been a lot of immigration (way too much) from underdeveloped nations like Somalia, etc. Obama especially has made it a point to let in more Muslims than ever before. He's also been derelict in his duty to enforce our laws by keeping people from crossing the southern border and sending them back when they do eventually get caught. Border patrol agents say he's tied their hands by not allowing them to deport most of the illegals. Cubans have been flooding across the U.S. southern border with Mexico, so it's not just Mexicans and people from Central America disobeying our laws. There have even been reports of Korans and prayer rugs being found that indicate Muslims are entering illegally across the southern border also. Who knows if any of them are terrorists, but it's a definitely a possibility.

Canada from what I can tell is similar to the U.S. in the sense you have to have a very good reason to immigrate, like fleeing a war zone or of course have a lot of money. It would be near impossible for me as an American to move to Canada unless I were rich or married a Canadian woman. But Somalians and other Muslims seem to have an easier time of it.

Bottomline, our elected leaders are dumb on this issue, and if and when voters have options of voting for candidates that see how dangerous massive immigration is, especially from countries where people don't share the same values of the majority of our citizens, the voters are making huge errors in judgement if they don't vote for them.

In the case if the United States we have 10's of millions of Americans who want to work that are either unemployed or underemployed (working part-time or in a lesser paying job than they are qualified for). Take away those working here illegally, stop the abuse of the H1B visa system that sees Americans fired and foreign workers brought in, and then we'd see many of our own people finding employment, which is the way it should be. Foreigners should not be allowed in until Americans are working again. There's a crisis in this country in that regard and it's past time to take action.

As for Europe, I felt the EU would be a huge mistake when it was created and still feel that way. The situation they are in with the Muslim invasion has been devastating and leaders there don't seem to even realize it. I doubt that would be the case if the EU had never been created allowing citizens to freely move and work in other European countries. They've become lax in protecting the culture of each country, and now they've really done it. It's destroying communities and has the potential to destroy countries if the Muslim invaders aren't sent back home. The deal the EU made with Turkey doesn't solve the problem, it just trades one Muslim for another.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:56 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,673 times
Quote:
I am liberal and I think immigration is important to help keep the economy going.

But I think the unvetted immigration being carried out by Europe and Canada are causing too much harm.

Muslims have a stereotype of being lower class and being criminals, their children often falling far behind Indians/East-Asians at assimilation/integration and being a model minority. They end up in ghettos similar to the Pakistani/Bangladeshi ghettos found in America.

I think the world needs to be more restrictive with immigration requirements. They could easily copy the USA, who forcibly restricted/reported many Pakistanis in the late-2000s, and thereby saved themselves the troubles that have rocked Europe.

The most serious crime is homicide. But many if not most muslim countries seem to have lower homicide rates than the U.S.:

Germany: 0.8
France: 0.8
UK: 0.8
Algeria: 1.3
Morocco: 1.3
Ghana: 1.7
Jordan: 2.0
Syria: 2.2
Libya: 2.5
Turkey: 2.6
Tunisia: 3.1
Egypt: 3.4
U.S.: 3.8
Iran: 3.9
Pakistan: 7.7
Iraq: 8.0 (I guess it was much lower before Iraq was "freed" by the U.S.)

(I'm not sure how accurate those figures are)

Mexico: 18.9
Brazil: 25.2
Puerto Rico (US): 26.5
Colombia: 30.8
Guatemala: 34.6
Jamaica: 39.3
El Salvador: 39.8
Honduras: 84.,3

All the latter countries are all Catholic strongholds.

Considering these figures, wouldn't it be better for Europe to ban the entry of Americans, especially those from Latin America?

The biggest crime issue in Germany are probably burglaries, mostly done by Russians and other Eastern Europeans, that only stay in Germany during their raids. And people from Northern Africa are well known for pickpocketing.
The influence of alcohol is also a big issue when it comes to crime. Muslims don't drink that much alcohol. Personally I prefer the presence of a Muslim instead of a drunk German.
I have also more problems with Romany people and Pakistani. Many of those doesn't want to integrate. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but this is my experience so far.
We have already about 5-6% Muslims in Germany. Most of them are very well integrated. The number of Muslims will rise to maybe 7-8%. I don't see a problem with that.
Cities like Duisburg or Gelsenkirchen have very high percentages of Muslims, but those cities have lower crime rates than cities like Dresden or Leipzig, cities that have almost no Muslims.
The crime rates of second generation immigrants are pretty similar to native Germans.

It's a fallacy that strict immigration laws could prevent terror attacks. But it's surely true, that a precarious Muslim population makes it easier for Isis to recruit followers.

It's absurd to doom all Muslims because of these 0.1% that potentially could do terror attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe