Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 06:16 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,598,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I wouldn't recommend you guys visiting Germany.

Intelligence says they'll be targeted next.

I think South is safer.

Italy, Spain, Portugal...etc.

Not according to this guy for Germany, but Portugal has always felt safe for me.

German intel head: no evidence of imminent terrorist attack | News | DW.COM | 05.02.2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 06:44 AM

330 posts, read 228,966 times
It depends where you want to go in Europe. Remember Europe is a continent.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:46 AM

330 posts, read 228,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Personally I wouldn't dare go to Seattle, apparently two British tourists were shot in Miami, I am far too cowardly to go and watch a Seattle Sounders game now, I think the foreign office should at least let people know that travelling to the US as a British tourist means imminent death, I've seen NCIS New York, nothing but robbery, murder and rape, I am surprised that so many New Yorkers have managed to survive for so long, as for me next year I will be holidaying on the Norfolk Broads where gun crime isn't wildly out of control!
Good luck with holidaying there! It wouldn't be my first choice but whatever floats your boat!

Old 03-30-2016, 07:29 AM

31 posts, read 37,688 times
Thanks everyone for your comments. Regarding Spain, I visited that country 20 years ago, beautiful country, loads of history. I wanted to go back and see more of the Andulusa region but then read about a bombing in Madrid on the trains back in the 90's and stayed away. Perhaps Portugal may be an option. So sad what's happening in Europe.

What's Ariete?

Old 03-30-2016, 07:33 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,413,714 times
Well, I live in Frankfurt, soooooo . . . . Europe is still safer than the USA. Yes, we have some wacko-doodles (everyone does), but violent crime is at a fraction of what it is in the USA. Now, if you want to talk about petty crimes (burglary, purse-snatching, bike stealing, etc.) - there is more of that here in Frankfurt. I can't speak for the rest of Europe though.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:48 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,837,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcosta View Post
What's Ariete?
It's me.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:42 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,060,908 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone for your comments. Regarding Spain, I visited that country 20 years ago, beautiful country, loads of history. I wanted to go back and see more of the Andulusa region but then read about a bombing in Madrid on the trains back in the 90's and stayed away. Perhaps Portugal may be an option. So sad what's happening in Europe.

What's Ariete?
Seems we can't convince you but you're missing out - went to Barcelona a few years back and it was awesome, would go back there and to Madrid in a heartbeat. Currently working on my travel plan to go to Italy next year. And all my friends and family in the UK are fine and I have no concerns about them

Old 03-30-2016, 09:06 AM

990 posts, read 1,945,628 times
I live in Sweden which is one of the alleged "danger zones" but I feel very safe in general, even if a terrorist attack was to happen, the chance that I would be killed by it let alone affected by it, is extremely small.

With all the mass shootings in the USA (that for some strange reason are NOT labeled terrorism, cause only evil muslims can be terrorists), I don't feel the US would be safer than anywhere in Europe in terms of the chance of getting killed by a lunatic.

Also many major European cities (west, north, south and east) are on average much safer than many major U.S cities.

Even Malmö, Sweden, labeled as a "muslim no go-zone" by hatemongers like Fox News, Daily Mail and Breitbart, is in general a very safe, family friendly and beautiful city (especially the Old Town area) worth visiting and recently it was revealed that even "bad areas" in Malmö like Rosengård has a lower crime rate than Stockholm's posh Östermalm district.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:37 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,739,906 times
Quote:
Why does a bomb in Madrid prevent you from visiting Andalusia?
And tell me, did anything horrible happen in Andalusia, or even Madrid itself, after the bombing in Madrid in the 90s? And you still think your decision and paranoia is rational?

Old 03-30-2016, 10:02 AM

55 posts, read 40,145 times
recent history shows that the capitals are most likely to experience major islamic terror-attacks. and history is the best predictor of the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe