Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 09:04 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,038,286 times

Advertisements

Well fine...so far Wikipedia is challenging my claim (might search again later, for now just don't care :

"In 2010, the immigrant community grew by 57,000, which accounted for 90% of Norway's population growth; some 2% of newborn children were of immigrant background (two foreign parents)."

^ From 2010 though I agree it's unrealistic to expect a 48% shift in just 6 years lol.

What I've read months/years ago said that at least one of the parents was of the 50% was Muslim. Either the source is wrong or the wikipedia article here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 09:32 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,862,361 times
According to official statistics, 2.4% (121k people) of the Norwegian population are registered Muslims.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:32 PM

177 posts, read 194,653 times
Another 'Ethnicity/Race' question - no doubt from an American. For the sake of discussion? This obsession not only is unhealthy, but really displays an ongoing unaddressed issue within the community from which the poster is from. I never hear similar questions from any other than generally white Americans.

Instead of being interested in pointless information, how about providing a reason as to why you think this subject is of interest to others. I don't find it interesting and wonder why you would. That to me, is a far more interesting question that you should be asking yourself.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:49 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,922,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
There is this Wiki article on Portugal for 2011. About five years old. There has been no huge flap here about Muslim immigrants that I am aware of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Portugal

The figures are for legal residents I wonder if there are estimates on how many illegals in Portugal. According to this Portugal's immigrant population adds up to approximately 3% of the total population, roughly 30% Brazilians, 30% Africans, 30% Europeans, and all others add up to approx. 10% mostly(Pakistanis, East Indians, Chinese, and Americans). It doesn't mention Bangladeshi's at all but I know they live in Lisbon. The most accurate figures for Muslims in Portugal is an estimate of 55,000.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:49 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,068,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I only know one or 2 facts for 2 countries:

The most common name in the UK is Mohammed (London had also elected a Muslim mayor who says there are too many white people in the transport...).

And in Norway 50% of the children born in 2015(or 2014??) are Arabs.

Also take a look here: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...94af45ea9d.jpg
Nonsense, where do you get your 'facts' from? Wherever it is its propaganda rubbish.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:06 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,706,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
Well, I seriously doubt that over 50% of children born in Norway in 2014 or 2015 are Arab.
This is not possible, how a minority that it represents much less than 5% of population could make 50% of birth.

Natives tend to do 0-3 kids, muslims etc. tend to pop out 4-8..

Old 05-09-2016, 02:28 AM

122 posts, read 113,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concaine View Post
Another 'Ethnicity/Race' question - no doubt from an American. For the sake of discussion? This obsession not only is unhealthy, but really displays an ongoing unaddressed issue within the community from which the poster is from. I never hear similar questions from any other than generally white Americans.

Instead of being interested in pointless information, how about providing a reason as to why you think this subject is of interest to others. I don't find it interesting and wonder why you would. That to me, is a far more interesting question that you should be asking yourself.
Trump voters....

Old 05-09-2016, 02:53 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,862,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Natives tend to do 0-3 kids, muslims etc. tend to pop out 4-8..
There is no data which would prove that. Meanwhile there is a lot of evidence that the birth rates of non-natives drops to similar levels as the ethnic population in the second generation. For example in France the birth rate is 1.9 for natives, 2.1 for immigrants.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:34 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,842,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
There is no data which would prove that. Meanwhile there is a lot of evidence that the birth rates of non-natives drops to similar levels as the ethnic population in the second generation. For example in France the birth rate is 1.9 for natives, 2.1 for immigrants.
Fact is, they remain higher than the native birthrates and they don't drop that quickly either, by the time they are more closer to native levels, the muslim population will have increased a lot and the constant influx of them streaming in from the ME and Africa just fuels this process even more.

And regarding France, do you know how high is the muslim birthrate? You conveniently wrote 'immigrants'.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:45 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,130,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
From my observation, just pure anecdotal but from the Moslems (mostly Turkish) that I work with, that live in my apartment building... I would guess that they have a slightly higher birthrate maybe a 2-2.5 child average. All are second or third generation, most all seem quite secular, as a whole very friendly, helpful and warm people.

Among European immigrants, Poles and such I would guess that the birthrate is also slightly but not really significantly higher.

In the city's where there is more "Ghettoization" maybe it is a bit different, I dunno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe