Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 12:00 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,542,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
It would seem that the people quoted in that article do not have much social media. If they did they would have seen the pictures, the articles shared between people, the flags over the cover pictures, and the hashtags. All anybody needs to do after an attack is go on Twitter or Instagram and type #prayfor with the name of the country or city where it happened to see the grief and sadness.

It is ironic when you consider that part of what ISIS wants is to cause sorrow. ISIS gets off on every tear shed. This does not mean normal people like us should feel nothing for those who died. We would not be human if we felt nothing. I am just saying that we help ISIS feel successful with our outpourings. They are sick that way for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 12:02 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
1. I cared about Spain in 2004. Not sure what the outpouring of support was then, I was too busy to watch the news closely then.

2. Huh? I'm willing to bet for most people(particularly those with kids) its difficult not to be moved by an image of a drowned child. That doesn't contradict my point.
1. It was followed much differently than the new attacks have been, and outside of Spain, a growing number of people don't even remember about it.
Internationally, other than France collaborating with us (As they had always been doing with ETA) there wasn't much crying to be had by most of the world.

2. Well it ain't much harder to be moved about the though of kids that are being maimed by terrorists, and those who've lost their families in the same terrorist attacks that have receive minium to no coverage at all.
It's just not being presented on a silver platter for you to care, so you don't.

There was a quote I read by a muslim man... I can't recall it literally and won't make it any justice but I'll try:
"You have to be sick to hurt your people whilst forcing the world to distrust them so they won't receive any help"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
I think you misunderstand Ariete's sense of humor on another thread. Maybe I am wrong but I saw those comments as a fun joke.
I know it was a joke but he does have a tendency to point out what bothers him whilst remaining oblivious to his own failings. He just thinks himself almighty like that.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:06 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
I know it was a joke but he does have a tendency to point out what bothers him whilst remaining oblivious to his own failings. He just thinks himself almighty like that.
Oh please f**k off now. You went completely nuts when I posted FACE PICTURE eye candy of beautiful women crying "woo hooh, objectifying, unfair, sexist".

Old 07-15-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
You didn't really understand my sarcasm in that "male objectification" post, did you? My point was your double standards.

Yes, I feel different for the Nice attacks. I have been in Nice, I have walked that very boulevard, we have people on C-D who I call Internet friends living in that city. And yes, France is a country which I hold dear. It is also a country which values and lifestyle are similar to mine.
Turkey, Nigeria, Syria, Indonesia, Bolivia, China... I have no connection to those countries, they are a world away. I have no ties whatsover to those.

This is all natural human behaviour. People relate to people they can relate to.

I know there are these 'kumbayah' people around, and good for you. Doesn't make your opinion any better than mine. Just like being vegan doesn't make one superior towards omnivores. I'm at peace with eating meat and valuing the lives of Europeans higher than other people.
I understood your sarcasm perfectly.
You're easily made to feel personally attacked whenever you don't understand something and are made to feel sexist/racist/hypocrite by a statement when that was not the point at all, and resort to calling everyone a radical.
Why don't you take the chance to self-reflect instead of being butthurt about it?

Old 07-15-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Oh please f**k off now. You went completely nuts when I posted FACE PICTURE eye candy of beautiful women crying "woo hooh, objectifying, unfair, sexist".
And you keep going nuts whenever I say just about anything. There's nothing I can say which won't make you offended, is there?

Old 07-15-2016, 12:12 PM

You can post pictures of sexy men all you want (unless copyrighted, because Rozenn will be mad). I don't give a damn. Why would I?

I'm not at all butthurt in any way, and neither were I. My self-esteem is good enough not to feel inferior or butthurt. Jealous about those firemen's bodies, though.

Quote:
And you keep going nuts whenever I say just about anything. There's nothing I can say which won't make you offended, is there?
You have said nothing except for that one evening which has left me offended. I'm not at all offended by this thread for example.

And what did I say in reply when you went radical feminist about those face pictures? I think it was "I don't give a flying f**k what you think". Which made you even more offended.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:13 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
It's the Europeans' collectivized way of life, as opposed to the North American attitude of individulaism and questioning of all authority, that makes these tragedies more likely.

And yet the Social Justice crowd continues to praise the European way?; and calls for its establishment here?

Old 07-15-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
You can post pictures of sexy men all you want (unless copyrighted, because Rozenn will be mad). I don't give a damn. Why would I?

I'm not at all butthurt in any way, and neither were I. My self-esteem is good enough not to feel inferior or butthurt. Jealous about those firemen's bodies, though.
Heheheh, no, you're not butthurt at all, that's why you reminisced about that one discussion yet again it's 'cause you're not butthurt.

My god, you couldn't be any more childish if you tried.

Quote:
You have said nothing except for that one evening which has left me offended. I'm not at all offended by this thread for example.

And what did I say in reply when you went radical feminist about those face pictures? I think it was "I don't give a flying f**k what you think". Which made you even more offended.
You're not offended but you're attacking. Interesting! Did you just feel like arguing with me, then? Turns you on? Things that offend Ariete:
A .gif

Old 07-15-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
It's the Europeans' collectivized way of life, as opposed to the North American attitude of individulaism and questioning of all authority, that makes these tragedies more likely.

And yet the Social Justice crowd continues to praise the European way?; and calls for its establishment here?
The European mindset is nowhere collectivist. And on the contrary, Western Europeans question authority much much more than Americans. US people are much more apologetic towards for example police brutality. It was also seen at the reaction to the Occupy movement. "Yeah let's kill those goddamn commie hippie leftist lowlives, yeah MURICA!!" The Americans are definitely more sheepish than Europeans.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Heheheh, no, you're not butthurt at all, that's why you reminisced about that one discussion yet again it's 'cause you're not butthurt.

My god, you couldn't be any more childish if you tried.

You're not offended but you're attacking. Interesting! Did you just feel like arguing with me, then? Turns you on?
Nope. I just pointed out your ridiculous double standards.

This concludes the discussion on my part. If arguing turns you on, go nuts. I won't reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe