Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 12:50 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,338,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
... Before or after the Holocaust, Nazis and communist? I do recall all my life hearing about immigrants in Germany that were visible minorities that would incur random unprovoked attacks from racists. I am not saying that all Germans are like this, but I have NO idea why anyone who was not white would feel safe there considering all the monstrosities that happen there less then a life span ago.

I do agree that maybe the type of refuges, rate at which they are coming and the types of services available might be part of the issue. I do think Germany has been generous in many ways by allowing these refuges to coming and it is grossly disappointing that a small minority of these refugees are making trouble impacting the country as a whole. I hope the German government is able to work with people in the refuge communities to help try and weed out these people that seem to be causing the trouble to help deport them as soon as possible.
After the Nazis of course.... i don't know about the communists though. There are stupids everywhere in the world, and those minorities were not tolerated, at every "racists" demonstration there were twice the number or more of "anti-racist" demonstrations. However, minorities are very safe in Germany, including the huge communties from Italy, Greece or Turkey coming in the 60s and 70s during the economic boom time (even though a lot of mistakes were made while integrating those huge, widely unskilled groups in the German society).

Compared to lets say 5 or 10 years ago, the crime rate is growing extraordinary, especially against womans who often fear to be raped or a not willing to walk thru the streets alone in the evening, after what happened in Cologne. This comes with a higher "agression" in the street, people shouting, misbehaving and disrespecting the police and other people. I do not know why German people accept that development, only because Merkel and the majority of lefts and greens proclaim multi-culturalism. I am pro multi-culturalism (my future wife is Asian) but i am against tolerating wrong behavior and crime, just because some people may define it as "culture".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 02:34 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,739,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
After the Nazis of course.... i don't know about the communists though. There are stupids everywhere in the world, and those minorities were not tolerated, at every "racists" demonstration there were twice the number or more of "anti-racist" demonstrations. However, minorities are very safe in Germany, including the huge communties from Italy, Greece or Turkey coming in the 60s and 70s during the economic boom time (even though a lot of mistakes were made while integrating those huge, widely unskilled groups in the German society).

Compared to lets say 5 or 10 years ago, the crime rate is growing extraordinary, especially against womans who often fear to be raped or a not willing to walk thru the streets alone in the evening, after what happened in Cologne. This comes with a higher "agression" in the street, people shouting, misbehaving and disrespecting the police and other people. I do not know why German people accept that development, only because Merkel and the majority of lefts and greens proclaim multi-culturalism. I am pro multi-culturalism (my future wife is Asian) but i am against tolerating wrong behavior and crime, just because some people may define it as "culture".
I am 100% for weeding the bad people out. I am not saying the every Muslim person is perfect and should do whatever they want by any means. I just think that you can't punish everyone because a small percentage are making trouble. Has it's challenges, but multiculturalism is working pretty great where I am from so it is really strange to see how in other places there is so many issues around this. If people are breaking the laws then they should be automatically deported. I am not saying anyone has the right to harm or intimidate the rest of the population. Also fair to note Canada and does not appear to have the same demographic of refugees as Germany. In Europe you deal with refugees travelling across land or by boat to get in to places in Europe in large volumes. We really don't have that level of an issue because we are not as accessable as far as I can tell so in many respects it is much harder or takes a lot more effort to get in to Canada by comparison.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:27 PM

8,874 posts, read 8,471,348 times
Wow just when you thought these fora couldn't be more racist...

Old 07-19-2016, 03:58 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,022,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
If you are ever in Germany again, we should hang out. The beer (or whatever you prefer) will be on me
I am flying home at the end of August. If things keep going they way they do, it may be my last time visiting my family. It is getting too unsafe and all people I know there, are getting depressed by the new circumstances. Everybody I know who isn't that old tells me they want to move out of Europe.

Visit me in Southcal, way more fun

Old 07-19-2016, 04:04 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,022,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
... Before or after the Holocaust, Nazis and communist? I do recall all my life hearing about immigrants in Germany that were visible minorities that would incur random unprovoked attacks from racists. I am not saying that all Germans are like this, but I have NO idea why anyone who was not white would feel safe there considering all the monstrosities that happen there less then a life span ago.

I do agree that maybe the type of refuges, rate at which they are coming and the types of services available might be part of the issue. I do think Germany has been generous in many ways by allowing these refuges to coming and it is grossly disappointing that a small minority of these refugees are making trouble impacting the country as a whole. I hope the German government is able to work with people in the refuge communities to help try and weed out these people that seem to be causing the trouble to help deport them as soon as possible.
hahah, you are funny. They are overwhelmed with even checking their papers when they show up in masses. They cannot even figure out who was part of the Cologne attacks, even though they had video material and tons of witnesses. How on earth should they weed out the bad apples amongst more than one million refugees?

The German government has no intentions to even try to weed out. The bend over backwards to accommodate them and if something bad happens, it must have been the Germans fault ...

Old 07-19-2016, 04:33 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,055,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Wow just when you thought these fora couldn't be more racist...
Where do you see racism in this thread? Admittedly, I have not read the whole thread...

Old 07-19-2016, 09:23 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,354,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am flying home at the end of August. If things keep going they way they do, it may be my last time visiting my family. It is getting too unsafe and all people I know there, are getting depressed by the new circumstances. Everybody I know who isn't that old tells me they want to move out of Europe.

Wait, Germany is not safe enough, but Southern California is? I told you before, you really have no idea how things are in Europe right now.

Besides, how many mass-shootings - including the terrorist attack in San Bernardino that was inspired by radical Islam - did you have during the last year in Southern California? Getting depressed already?

Old 07-20-2016, 12:48 AM

1,248 posts, read 825,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

I am going to Germany at the beginning of September. If all goes well, this is the last time I will be going there on vacation. The next time it will be one-way ticket only.

I have been in South California, if only for a short while. Back then it was fun indeed. I am sure if I was there with someone like my fiance, who loves the outdoors, it would have been even more fun. But I am not returning to America any time soon. There are many more beautiful and interesting countries in the world I want to visit. And most of these countries do not treat you like a potential criminal when you want to obtain a visa or when you are flying to their country.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:54 AM

1,248 posts, read 825,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Wait, Germany is not safe enough, but Southern California is? I told you before, you really have no idea how things are in Europe right now.

Besides, how many mass-shootings - including the terrorist attack in San Bernardino that was inspired by radical Islam - did you have during the last year in Southern California? Getting depressed already?
In my country we have a saying "fear has big eyes". When you are afraid, whatever frightens you seems manifold bigger than it really is.

Remember that, unlike the USA, in the last terrorist attacks in Germany (the train one, the movie theater one) not a single victim died.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:59 AM

8,874 posts, read 8,471,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Where do you see racism in this thread? Admittedly, I have not read the whole thread...
Well, basically the labelling of terrorism just because the perpetrator was from Afghanistan.

And there was this poster talking about the 'brown skin' and that other poster saying stuff like Germany is so dangerous and ****.

It's nothing new here though, racism has always been rampant on this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe