Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 07:00 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,295,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sigh. I'm not going to get into a whole convoluted argument about 20th century world history (and earlier) with you, but I will address your first point, which is the main problem in Europe when it comes to Muslim extremists - IMMIGRATION POLICIES.

Europeans need to be a lot more protective and particular about who they let into their countries. That being said, I think it's too late to avoid more, and increasing terrorist attacks in Europe, but I guess better late than never.

European immigration laws and implementation are not controlled at all by the US.
i began my previous post by stating that immigration policies are one thing , i agree with you about setting in place a proper immigration policy which safeguards the future of europe , i do not want to see anymore immigration from muslim lands

none of this negates the fact that the syrian refuge crisis ( a seperate matter ) was caused by the destabalisation of that region , the iraq invasion was the genesis of all this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 07:03 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,295,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Exactly. I've never understood why the USA is to blame for Europe letting in every Muslim that can afford boat fare. You have Europeans waiting for them on beaches welcoming them off their boats. It's akin to a Jew welcoming the Nazi's into Poland in the 1930's. Madness.

And it was the "Arab Spring" with the toppling of Gaddhafi, Mubarak, and Assad that led to ISIL, not the fall of Sadaam. The West naively thought the Arab Spring was the Middle East yearning for democracy.....instead, all they want is Sharia Law which is what Europe is currently experiencing in their own lands.
nature abhors a vacum , after the iraqi goverment was overthrown , the whole military was disbanded as well as the civil service in that country , jihadist activity soared in the wake of this which in turn contributed to the syrian war , only a liar or an idiot would deny this

besides , the usa were heavily involved in the removal of gadaffi

Old 07-20-2016, 07:28 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,975,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
nature abhors a vacum , after the iraqi goverment was overthrown , the whole military was disbanded as well as the civil service in that country , jihadist activity soared in the wake of this which in turn contributed to the syrian war , only a liar or an idiot would deny this

besides , the usa were heavily involved in the removal of gadaffi
Knowing what we know now, the world was a lot better off with the tyrants in charge of the Middle East. I can only speak as an American, but I don't think we had any idea about Muslim's yearning for Sharia, and the whole Shia vs. Sunni endless war. We naively thought the Muslims suffering under the tyrants wanted to be freed in the Western sense....freedom of speech, religion, press, etc.

We had no idea they wanted a tyrant in power----just a Islam dominated tyrant enforcing Sharia. I'd love to bring back Gadaffi tyrants to the Middle East because that's the only way to keep Muslims under control. It's not going to happen because it's un-PC, but that's the only way to guarantee peace short of the USA nuking the Middle East off the map.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:36 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,334,857 times
Quote:
Exactly. I've never understood why the USA is to blame for Europe letting in every Muslim that can afford boat fare. You have Europeans waiting for them on beaches welcoming them off their boats. It's akin to a Jew welcoming the Nazi's into Poland in the 1930's. Madness.
Indeed that is the problem, one of the key mistakes Europe (especially Merkel) was doing is opening all borders without even registering the people coming into the country. Germany is is full of "fake"-asylim seekers who "lost" their passport and cannot be deported back to their countries.

Even though somewhere around 300.000 illegal immigrants are in the counmtry, just couple of hundreds are deported, cause they give faked or bought-in medical statements, they file a law-suit against the deportation, they send childrens to relatives in other cities because only complete families can be deported and so on. And another issue is that the homecountries are not taking their people back properly, not cooperating with German authorities and they require complicated procedures for deportation. Recently 3 or 4 illegal immigrants were flown home by private jets, which costs the tax payer couple of hundred thousands Europe. The only thing i can say towards the german politicians is WTF??

I think German politicians have a wrong understanding of democracy. For me democracy is not about electing a dictator every 4 years, but to decide about the countries future, legislation and politics. Merkel is heavily acting against her own citizen by flooding the country with "welfare-receiving" people, causing billions and billions of bills. When the german social systems had a little surplus recently, it will go down to a huge loss. 20-30 billions or more are spend to accomodate and entertain foreigners every year, without any end, whereas money is missing in infrastructure, education and every other corner.

When high-performers and good tax payers arent thrown out the country by the incredibly high tax rate, they are finally leaving now because of the mistakes of Merkel's government. Would be so easy to implement a skill-based immigration system like Canada, getting all the high-potentials and tax payers. Stupid Germany is expelling the high-performers and taxpayers and importing millions of welfare-receivers. How can that damn thing work like that?

Old 07-20-2016, 07:59 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,336,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Indeed that is the problem, one of the key mistakes Europe (especially Merkel) was doing is opening all borders without even registering the people coming into the country. Germany is is full of "fake"-asylim seekers who "lost" their passport and cannot be deported back to their countries.

Even though somewhere around 300.000 illegal immigrants are in the counmtry, just couple of hundreds are deported, cause they give faked or bought-in medical statements, they file a law-suit against the deportation, they send childrens to relatives in other cities because only complete families can be deported and so on. And another issue is that the homecountries are not taking their people back properly, not cooperating with German authorities and they require complicated procedures for deportation. Recently 3 or 4 illegal immigrants were flown home by private jets, which costs the tax payer couple of hundred thousands Europe. The only thing i can say towards the german politicians is WTF??

I think German politicians have a wrong understanding of democracy. For me democracy is not about electing a dictator every 4 years, but to decide about the countries future, legislation and politics. Merkel is heavily acting against her own citizen by flooding the country with "welfare-receiving" people, causing billions and billions of bills. When the german social systems had a little surplus recently, it will go down to a huge loss. 20-30 billions or more are spend to accomodate and entertain foreigners every year, without any end, whereas money is missing in infrastructure, education and every other corner.

When high-performers and good tax payers arent thrown out the country by the incredibly high tax rate, they are finally leaving now because of the mistakes of Merkel's government. Would be so easy to implement a skill-based immigration system like Canada, getting all the high-potentials and tax payers. Stupid Germany is expelling the high-performers and taxpayers and importing millions of welfare-receivers. How can that damn thing work like that?
Many German right-wingers blame it on George Soros, I'm not into conspiracy theories, but what would you as an American say, which reason could someone like Soros or any other "interest group" in the US have to destroy Germany? I begin to doubt that Merkel can be that stupid and that it isn't in fact a vicious conspiracy.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Many German right-wingers blame it on George Soros, I'm not into conspiracy theories, but what would you as an American say, which reason would someone like Soros or any other "interest group" have to destroy Germany? I begin to doubt that Merkel can be that stupid and that it isn't in fact a vicious conspiracy.
I don't think anyone really understands what Soros is trying to accomplish. He survived the Holocaust but there's questions that he did it by corroborating with the Nazi's. He comes to America to make his fortune, but then supports political movements that seemingly destabilize a strong America. I didn't know about his support for Merkel. On the surface, it seems odd he would support Muslims flooding Europe given how much they hate Jews, and how many they've killed in the Middle East.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:18 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,334,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Many German right-wingers blame it on George Soros, I'm not into conspiracy theories, but what would you as an American say, which reason could someone like Soros or any other "interest group" in the US have to destroy Germany? I begin to doubt that Merkel can be that stupid and that it isn't in fact a vicious conspiracy.
I do not think that there is any reason to destroy Germany from American perspective. On a global scale, the threats come from China, Russia, in general the islamic terrorism but Germany has always been an ally after the second world war, and the friendship is tight (even though it could and should be tighter).

Maybe Merkel is not stupid, but she tend to be idealistic when its time to be rational and vice versa. If a chancellor of the conservative party is celebrated by the left-wing and green party, and criticized by her own party, something is definately going into a strange direction. Voters who do not agree to her politics have no options than voting for further right options, which nobody wants to see in the government. Then, they are called "Nazis" and right wing idiots, but what would be the alternative if there is no democratic party giving suitable solutions for the massive crisis?

Old 07-20-2016, 08:31 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,839,371 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone really understands what Soros is trying to accomplish. He survived the Holocaust but there's questions that he did it by corroborating with the Nazi's. He comes to America to make his fortune, but then supports political movements that seemingly destabilize a strong America. I didn't know about his support for Merkel. On the surface, it seems odd he would support Muslims flooding Europe given how much they hate Jews, and how many they've killed in the Middle East.
Intriguing video about that dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feGXIK--OdM

Old 07-20-2016, 09:10 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,413,646 times
As more news comes out it has become clear this was another islamic terrorist attack......again.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
As more news comes out it has become clear this was another islamic terrorist attack......again.
Was there really ever any doubt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe