Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:12 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,887,424 times

Advertisements

"not a single victim died". Tell that to the 84 vacationers slaughtered, on, of all places, the famed Promenade des Anglais-glamorous no longer but purple red from the blood of the lambs now-.
And anyway ... better dying fighting than become a dhimmi, a subject of the "Califate".
But the European populace has no right to defend itself, let alone "God forbids" bear arms ... the Americans are the Lucky ones here in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 03:17 AM

51 posts, read 51,042 times
I am not too sure about accepting so many muslims. While not everyone is the same, I certainly can see the social tension that so many muslims are causing in Europe.

Muslims community and ever growing ghettos are filled with high unemployment, massive poverty, high crime rates, very high birth rates, refusal to adapt to European culture, religious extremism.

I think Europe needs to be more selective with its immigration.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:26 AM

1,248 posts, read 825,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh please. There are currently twenty countries supporting the military actions in Afghanistan. These countries are working with Afghans to train and strengthen and rebuild their forces in order to fight against the Taliban. But why?

Here's a simplistic breakdown of it:

Afghanistan is chock full of lithium, natural gas, and minerals. But most importantly, Afghanistan is the land of pipelines that transport very valuable products from bordering ME countries. If western countries do not have access to and control of at least SOME Afghan pipelines, then all the products that run through those pipelines are controlled by China and Russia, which gives these two rather untrustworthy world powers a definite edge. This would not only negatively impact the US, but also the entire western world - not just with prices but also at the price of stability.
In effect you are saying the same thing I am - that other countries have to fight for American control of the pipelines. And by the way, that perp was from Afghanistan. For all I know, if Germans as part of NATO had not been invading his country, he would not have been driven to revenge, and nobody would have got hurt.

And personally, I see nothing wrong with giving China and Russia a little edge. The USA is not the only center of power in the world, nor should it be. The world would be a very frightening place to live in if the destinies of all people and all nations were in the hands of a single bunch of fat cats in Washington DC and New York. It seems, though, that the power of the US is slowly beginning to wane, and other future global players are coming up in its place.

Last edited by Norne; 07-20-2016 at 03:39 AM..

Old 07-20-2016, 03:30 AM

51 posts, read 51,042 times
"Not a single victim"?

How dare you? Are you aware a lot of people after attacks like this tend to develop anxiety disorders, Post traumatic stress disorder and so on? Having someone come at you with an axe trying to kill you it's reason enough to traumatize you for the rest of your life!

Old 07-20-2016, 05:22 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,339,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn_leaves View Post
"Not a single victim"?

How dare you? Are you aware a lot of people after attacks like this tend to develop anxiety disorders, Post traumatic stress disorder and so on? Having someone come at you with an axe trying to kill you it's reason enough to traumatize you for the rest of your life!
Not to mention the injuries if someone hits you with an axe into the face twice.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:36 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,306,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Well, basically the labelling of terrorism just because the perpetrator was from Afghanistan.

And there was this poster talking about the 'brown skin' and that other poster saying stuff like Germany is so dangerous and ****.

It's nothing new here though, racism has always been rampant on this site.
it was an act of terrorism , is pointing that out now racist ?

Old 07-20-2016, 06:39 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,306,611 times
Quote:
So you are blaming the US for European immigration policies? Wow.
immigration policies are one thing but the current syrian refugee crisis is the fault of the usa , the invasion of iraq in 2003 is what led us to where we are today , it destabalised the whole region , led to the arab spring , the fall of gadaffi , the rise of IS and the mass arrival of muslims to europe , the usa should be taking all of the refugees from syria , all of them , the only country in europe who should be taking any is the uk but the usa would have invaded iraq even tony blair didnt assume the position back then

Old 07-20-2016, 06:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,119,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
In effect you are saying the same thing I am - that other countries have to fight for American control of the pipelines. And by the way, that perp was from Afghanistan. For all I know, if Germans as part of NATO had not been invading his country, he would not have been driven to revenge, and nobody would have got hurt.

And personally, I see nothing wrong with giving China and Russia a little edge. The USA is not the only center of power in the world, nor should it be. The world would be a very frightening place to live in if the destinies of all people and all nations were in the hands of a single bunch of fat cats in Washington DC and New York. It seems, though, that the power of the US is slowly beginning to wane, and other future global players are coming up in its place.
No, I'm not saying the same thing that you're saying at all. WESTERN interests include but are not limited to American interests.

If I were European and was considering who was my closest friend and ally - the US, Russia, or China - I'd bet my money on the US every time.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,119,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
immigration policies are one thing but the current syrian refugee crisis is the fault of the usa , the invasion of iraq in 2003 is what led us to where we are today , it destabalised the whole region , led to the arab spring , the fall of gadaffi , the rise of IS and the mass arrival of muslims to europe , the usa should be taking all of the refugees from syria , all of them , the only country in europe who should be taking any is the uk but the usa would have invaded iraq even tony blair didnt assume the position back then

Sigh. I'm not going to get into a whole convoluted argument about 20th century world history (and earlier) with you, but I will address your first point, which is the main problem in Europe when it comes to Muslim extremists - IMMIGRATION POLICIES.

Europeans need to be a lot more protective and particular about who they let into their countries. That being said, I think it's too late to avoid more, and increasing terrorist attacks in Europe, but I guess better late than never.

European immigration laws and implementation are not controlled at all by the US.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:50 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,977,598 times
Quote:
Sigh. I'm not going to get into a whole convoluted argument about 20th century world history (and earlier) with you, but I will address your first point, which is the main problem in Europe when it comes to Muslim extremists - IMMIGRATION POLICIES.

Europeans need to be a lot more protective and particular about who they let into their countries. That being said, I think it's too late to avoid more, and increasing terrorist attacks in Europe, but I guess better late than never.

European immigration laws and implementation are not controlled at all by the US.
Exactly. I've never understood why the USA is to blame for Europe letting in every Muslim that can afford boat fare. You have Europeans waiting for them on beaches welcoming them off their boats. It's akin to a Jew welcoming the Nazi's into Poland in the 1930's. Madness.

And it was the "Arab Spring" with the toppling of Gaddhafi, Mubarak, and Assad that led to ISIL, not the fall of Sadaam. The West naively thought the Arab Spring was the Middle East yearning for democracy.....instead, all they want is Sharia Law which is what Europe is currently experiencing in their own lands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe