Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2018, 07:01 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,449,306 times

Advertisements

In Paris I know you have Belleville that is racially integrated. And then you have St. Denis, Aubervilliers, and Bobigny, as well as Vitry and Ivry Sur Seine which I believe are majority Muslim but I am not sure. I believe Clichy su Bois is almost entirely made up of North Africans and SubSaharan Africans but I am not sure. I believe that Boulevard Barbes and the entire neighborhood of Goutte D'Or is mostly African but I believe this whole area is starting to experience gentrification.

It is hard to figure this stuff out when the country does not do a census on race.

Will you find many white French people left in any of these neighborhoods or any like them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 08:49 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
Interestingly, the French government has NOT adopted a specific policy regarding illegal immigration. The police do raid immigrant camps, these days, but the only thing that happens is that the immigrants are uprooted and move on to new places to camp.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:44 AM

1,553 posts, read 2,449,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Interestingly, the French government has NOT adopted a specific policy regarding illegal immigration. The police do raid immigrant camps, these days, but the only thing that happens is that the immigrants are uprooted and move on to new places to camp.
Ok but do you know if these neighborhoods are majority Muslim or racially mixed. I read that banilues tend to be mixed but then I read the banilues are mostly Muslim so maybe these neighborhoods that I mentioned were once diverse but are now mostly Muslim?

Old 10-24-2018, 04:40 PM

8,867 posts, read 8,450,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
In Paris I know you have Belleville that is racially integrated. And then you have St. Denis, Aubervilliers, and Bobigny, as well as Vitry and Ivry Sur Seine which I believe are majority Muslim but I am not sure. I believe Clichy su Bois is almost entirely made up of North Africans and SubSaharan Africans but I am not sure. I believe that Boulevard Barbes and the entire neighborhood of Goutte D'Or is mostly African but I believe this whole area is starting to experience gentrification.

It is hard to figure this stuff out when the country does not do a census on race.

Will you find many white French people left in any of these neighborhoods or any like them?
Those neighbourhoods are indeed not very nice. I was in Aubervilliers just last month one evening (pretty much by myself btw as my French friend had to cycle to save money) and I was glad that I left there unscathed (especially considering that I'm Asian, aka an easy target to rob).

There are still white French people living in or moving in those neighbourhoods since the rent is cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe