Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2022, 03:35 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I believe the plan was somewhat different, and more long term.

But I actually feel quite content by the few points I made today, so I rest my case for now.

No even need to go back to your questionable newspapers - or rather questionable material that's been posted there lately.

And I used to respect British media a great deal.
The British media is a 'free press' - unlike the state controlled Russian media!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_...ingements%20of

If anybody is too stupid to understand what that means it means that Putin and the other child killing cronies tell the press what they are allowed to write in their (so called) news papers! Whereas of course the UK press will print the truth, even if it was detriment to the UK government.

Its a freedom thing but being a Russian 'bot' you wouldn't know what freedom is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2022, 03:57 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Yes they have and they need to p*ss off back to Russia, they have NO right to just 'walk in' to another country, make demands and then start killing its population, why should the Ukraine 'compromise'? If the Mexican army invaded California, killing and maiming people (including children) as it went then encircled Los Angeles and demanded LA was handed over to the Mexico - would you think the best thing we do here is give them what they want? No? Thought not.
As a native of the greater LA area, I actually applaud your example. Because I can bet dollars for donuts that if there was a referendum conducted here about whether to stay in the US or secede into Mexico, chances are pretty high that borders would change. Not to mention Arizona, Texas, and a few others.

To the posters who keep proposing Ukraine just acquiesce, I'd ask, do you always bend over and grab your ankles when someone tries to take your things by force?

Old 03-09-2022, 04:03 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The British media is a 'free press' - unlike the state controlled Russian media!

If anybody is too stupid to understand what that means it means that Putin and the other child killing cronies tell the press what they are allowed to write in their (so called) news papers! Whereas of course the UK press will print the truth, even if it was detriment to the UK government.

Its a freedom thing but being a Russian 'bot' you wouldn't know what freedom is!

Correction: used to be.

Old 03-09-2022, 04:28 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Correction: used to be.
Unlike Russia there are no government regulations in the UK that force the press to exercise self-censorship constraining its coverage of certain controversial issues.

If anybody is too stupid to understand what that means it means that the UK has a 'free press' that reports on real facts whereas Russian (so called) press can only report what Putin and the other child killing cronies tell them they can report!

As a Russian freedom isn't something you'll know much about.

Old 03-09-2022, 04:33 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,797,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Because I can bet dollars for donuts that if there was a referendum conducted here about whether to stay in the US or secede into Mexico, chances are pretty high that borders would change. Not to mention Arizona, Texas, and a few others.
I want some of what you're smokin'....no one would want to become the sh*thole that Mexico is.....heck, its more corrupt than Russia and Ukraine put together....

Old 03-09-2022, 04:40 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,551,696 times
Default expansion of euro because of war in Ukraine

1. Croatia,
  2. Czech Republic,
  3. Bulgaria,
  4. Hungary, borders Ukraine
  5. Poland, borders Ukraine
  6. Romania borders Ukraine
are EU members but do not use the Euro.

Do you think this war between Russia and Ukraine will provide more urgency to switch currency to the EURO?

Ostensibly the membership of these nations in NATO protects them from a military invasion, but I think membership in the EURO area further guarantees that they not be invaded.
  1. CZECH REPUBLIC (1999)
  2. HUNGARY (1999)
  3. POLAND (1999)
  4. ROMANIA (2004)
  5. BULGARIA (2004)
  6. ESTONIA (2004)
  7. LATVIA (2004)
  8. LITHUANIA (2004)
  9. SLOVAKIA (2004)
  10. SLOVENIA (2004)
  11. ALBANIA (2009)
  12. CROATIA (2009)
  13. MONTENEGRO (2017)
  14. NORTH MACEDONIA (2020)

Old 03-09-2022, 05:05 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,442,533 times
I think Croatia, Romania and Bulgaria are interested. Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary are not. I don’t see the war changing that.

Adopting euro is pointless when you have your own stable currency. See Southern Europe.

Old 03-09-2022, 05:16 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I want some of what you're smokin'....no one would want to become the sh*thole that Mexico is.....heck, its more corrupt than Russia and Ukraine put together....
I live here - do you?

Old 03-09-2022, 05:25 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,797,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I live here - do you?
Spent 40 years in SoCal, know it well.....I doubt anyone other than a few La Razas would go for mexicanizing LA or any part of Cali. And AZ or TX? Ahahahaha.....

Old 03-09-2022, 06:03 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I don't support Ukraine and in shock how many people are in support of Ukraine while knowing only about 1% of actual facts of what is going on and was going on for years out there ... Where all you supporters were when Ukraine Nazi were burning Russian-speaking people alive in Odessa in 2014? They blocked 42 Russian-speaking people in the building, barricaded all exits and set building on fire while screaming how great Ukraine is...
What is happening now is a pure genocide. It's beyond me how genocide could be supported. Wake up people!
What were the Russians doing there anyway ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe