Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 08:40 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,206,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
I've noticed that of course not all but many, many Americans are very jealous people, for example I've posted about 25 Nightwish videos in the music forum and haven't received a single rep comment. Nightwish is a critically acclaimed band that have played the legendary Wembley Arena in London, but Americans refuse to give them any credit.
Here is your rep from US! Even though you are trying to make fun of Americans - poorly, mind you
We are very generous people!

FWIW
Your “ Nightwish” sound is somewhat (too) ethnic - borrowed from Celtic ballads with a bit of unimpressive metal mixed in.
Pleasant, good job, good visuals; tamed for US audience though..
Nothing at Wembley’s Arena would impress us anyway.

Wembley Stadium- maybe..

The Hanoi Rocks (60th birthday celebration you posted) has made me laugh out loud: have you seen the movie “This is Spinal Tap”?
Reminded me of the main movie characters - including Michael’s bulging crotch

Worth watching for lulz
Hope, the movie and the parody translates well into your culture

We are spoiled here in US and some guys playing even in small clubs - are more impressive - though neither here nor over there nobody has ever heard of them…

So, chill, Väinämöinen!
Enjoy your rep for sharing your music with us!

Last edited by L00k4ward; 12-30-2022 at 08:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2022, 08:47 AM

61,840 posts, read 87,314,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
So, when was he born according to you?
I don't know about easthome, but according to legend, Jesus Christ was born on the night between 24 and 25 December in the year 0. Christians all over the world therefore traditionally celebrate the birth of the Messiah and Son of God on this date as Christmas.

Old 12-30-2022, 07:38 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,030,536 times
This year ends great with Greta Thunderberg destroying Andrew Tate lol yet I still suspect Romania's police doesn't act on its own and someone from brusells/america sends the order. The west has a beef with Tate over his alleged on kids and continues to treat romania and eastern europe as a colony.

Old 12-31-2022, 02:28 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,678,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
This year ends great with Greta Thunderberg destroying Andrew Tate lol yet I still suspect Romania's police doesn't act on its own and someone from brusells/america sends the order. The west has a beef with Tate over his alleged on kids and continues to treat romania and eastern europe as a colony.
I agree with your assessment. Andrew Tate has definitely operated in the gray area for a long time and in plain sight. The why now question leads me to believe someone pulled the levers behind the scenes.

Old 01-01-2023, 01:32 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,047,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
So, when was he born according to you?
Unfortunately I'm not a scholar so I couldn't tell you, have a look at this though:-

https://people.howstuffworks.com/whe...jesus-born.htm

Seems nobody is too sure but September is a good bet, due to shepherds tending sheep and what they 'think' the guiding star was it was unlikely to be in the Winter (apparently) but that's only what I've read.

Old 01-01-2023, 01:37 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,047,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I don't know about easthome, but according to legend, Jesus Christ was born on the night between 24 and 25 December in the year 0. Christians all over the world therefore traditionally celebrate the birth of the Messiah and Son of God on this date as Christmas.
We celebrate Christmas on 25th December because there was already Pagan festivals at that time celebrating the return of lengthening days. The bible doesn't specify when Jesus was born but it is most often thought by Scholars that study this that it was sometime in September.

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questio...was-jesus-born

Old 01-01-2023, 09:17 PM

61,840 posts, read 87,314,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
We celebrate Christmas on 25th December because there was already Pagan festivals at that time celebrating the return of lengthening days. The bible doesn't specify when Jesus was born but it is most often thought by Scholars that study this that it was sometime in September.

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questio...was-jesus-born
Yeah. Everything possible. It's a legend not a fact, and interpretation might vary.
The earliest Christians did not celebrate His birth.

Last edited by elnina; 01-01-2023 at 09:25 PM..

Old 01-01-2023, 11:14 PM

2,229 posts, read 776,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Nightwish has some good songs, but they don’t seem that original.

It just sounds like euro metal that has been around since the 80s.

How many Scorpions-like bands do we need?
Nightwish sounds nothing like Scorpions at all. It's symphonic metal at its finest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvOD6xecph4

Old 01-02-2023, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Here is your rep from US! Even though you are trying to make fun of Americans - poorly, mind you
We are very generous people!

FWIW
Your “ Nightwish” sound is somewhat (too) ethnic - borrowed from Celtic ballads with a bit of unimpressive metal mixed in.
Pleasant, good job, good visuals; tamed for US audience though..
Nothing at Wembley’s Arena would impress us anyway.

Wembley Stadium- maybe..

The Hanoi Rocks (60th birthday celebration you posted) has made me laugh out loud: have you seen the movie “This is Spinal Tap”?
Reminded me of the main movie characters - including Michael’s bulging crotch

Worth watching for lulz
Hope, the movie and the parody translates well into your culture

We are spoiled here in US and some guys playing even in small clubs - are more impressive - though neither here nor over there nobody has ever heard of them…

So, chill, Väinämöinen!
Enjoy your rep for sharing your music with us!
Do you realize how difficult it is for European bands to break in Britain not to speak of US? Nightwish did that and they are playing sold out hockey arenas all over Europe and Britain. Many, many famous American bands have never been booked to play the Wembley Arena which is a legendary venue and a definitive sign of major succsess.

Old 01-03-2023, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
He would be dead in US in 5 seconds - if that long
In Finland the police do not shoot unarmed people, but I know that this is common practice in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe