Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is immigration worse in Europe, or the United States??
Europe 53 57.61%
United States 39 42.39%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 08:36 AM

2,869 posts, read 5,135,174 times

Advertisements

Holy necrothread, Batman!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 02:48 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,989,874 times
Less intigrated in Europe. In the US, Immigrants become easily assimilated. Not so much in Europe.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:28 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
I agree, it is hard to compare.

The big difference is that much of the immigration to the US is from Mexico which is much more Western in culture, Catholic, speak a European language, and many fit in within a generation or two to our culture which, while Anglo-Germanic in the mainstream, has a long history of adopting elements of other cultures into the fold.

The same can't be said in Europe where many immigrants are from cultures that are openly hostile to their host country with regard to basic social mores, and by the same token, in many cases are not made to feel truly welcome or like they will ever truly be allowed to assimilate. Like even if you try to be [German, French, Spanish, etc], you never will be fully accepted as a countryman.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:24 AM

273 posts, read 102,860 times
As many posts in this thread show, your question about whether immigration is as "bad" in the US as it is in Europe is puzzling to many. You really should have written another sentence or two explaining what you meant.

Assuming, that you meant the "problems resulting from immigration", my answer is that it depends upon where you live. Problems associated with immigration vary from country to country in Europe because their immigration policies vary. Even though the US has federal immigration laws (at least in theory), immigration problems vary greatly from state to state because the type and amount of immigration varies from state to state.

If I had to pick one, I would say that Europe has fewer problems associated with immigration. However, BOTH places have significant immigration problems because of poorly conceived immigration policies. What we're really talking about is the difference between "very bad" policy and "disastrous" policy. I guess there is a difference between the two.

However, as people in both Europe and the US experience the reality of immigration (as opposed to the PC multicultural fantasy promoted by their gov't, schools, and media), they're starting to realize the error of their ways. However, like I said earlier in this post, it depends upon WHERE you live. If you live in a no-go area of Malmo, Sweden or a muslim Parisian suburb, your perception of "immigration problems ' is going to be very different than if you live in, say, rural Hungary.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:49 AM

603 posts, read 1,631,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich View Post
Europe is way too diverse to give you a simple answer...you shouldn't forget that Europe has the size of the US but consists of various different nations (maybe or maybe not Greece, for definite Germany, Italy, Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, France, but not Spain, not so much Portugal, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands,..........and many many more) with each of them having their own politics.
Most of these I can go with.

Except for two or three with I do not think is proper Europe.

Anyway probably be the U.S or the U.K.

Old 03-06-2021, 08:22 AM

30 posts, read 20,745 times
Europe has it worse. This is after living in Europe for almost 20 years, and not in just one country but four different ones.

The biggest issue "I am not Islamophobic in anyway" is the hordes of youngster thugs roaming around Barcelona, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, London, Stockholm threatening women, harassing the elderly and the LGBTQ, not adapting to European live and let live ways.

Way too many women in hijab walking around with four or five kids.

US' migration resumes to largely cherry picked Asians and Indians "Thanks to geographical distance only the upper class educated ones get to come", and a lot of Mexicans and Central Americans who for the most become pretty integrated into the American mainstream culture within the span of a generation.

In France I met people who had been in France for four generations and they still refuse to see themselves as French insisting they are Algerians and France must be dismantled for its crimes and Islam should be praised and blah blah blah.

In the United States the issue is with skin color, not integration as Mexicans who are vastly the biggest source of immigration pretty much integrate. Plus they have historic links to this land anyway.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:29 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,995,345 times
Immigration is not a problem in the USA. Immigrants can fit themselves in just fine and their culture adds just fine to the existing culture.

The USA has a big problem with illegal immigration, which is not the same thing at all.

It looks a lot to me like all the immigration into Europe is welcome and is not illegal immigration, so it becomes just about impossible to compare the two. Like you are trying to compare apples to bicycles.

Old 03-09-2021, 09:39 AM

24,493 posts, read 10,825,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Immigration is not a problem in the USA. Immigrants can fit themselves in just fine and their culture adds just fine to the existing culture.

The USA has a big problem with illegal immigration, which is not the same thing at all.

It looks a lot to me like all the immigration into Europe is welcome and is not illegal immigration, so it becomes just about impossible to compare the two. Like you are trying to compare apples to bicycles.

Please read up a bit on immigration in Europe, legal and illegal, and the issues across the board.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:17 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,017,586 times
It's rather a media misinformation, in America you don't have free speech, it's a presidential-republic where one person has too much power and big corporations also own the media. This all matters because the media in America is quiet when immigrants commit crimes in an attempt not to portray "their great country" negatively, while in the EU if one non-local does something it's immediately reported everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe