Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 12:36 AM

766 posts, read 1,255,554 times

Advertisements

Young, gay American here. I went to Kiev a few months ago and absolutely loved it. Everything was dirt cheap, food was amazing, guys were really nice and accommodating. I'm going to be studying for the Texas bar exam and have 7 months to do so, so I was thinking about spending some time in Kiev or Odessa while I study for the test. I'm working remotely day trading and not worried at all about money. My question is language issues. The english in Kiev was solid, but how about Odessa? Is there anything else I should be worried about if I'm only staying for three or so months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 11:20 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,872,021 times
Stick to Kiev. I can't speak to the gay scene but Odessa has a reputation for a rather seedy nightlife. I wouldn't venture there alone without the ability to speak Russian or having a local friend. There are English speaking people there working in tourism but its not the same kind of place as Kiev where the locals are actively trying to become a real European city.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:05 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,460,254 times
People of the gay persuasion can run into trouble over there. Like anywhere there are good and bad people in Ukraine, intelligent and ignorant too. Kiev should be pretty safe but anywhere else I can see some risk for you. Run into the wrong people you might be in deep trouble so play it safe. The vast majority of the people are some of the best you'll ever meet. Then there's the 1% that shines brightly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe