Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 09:36 AM

221 posts, read 799,152 times

Advertisements

I got a 30 day trial membership, which I paid for via the internet for a gym. I had to print out a confirmation sheet and bring it to my gym to be actived. It took 3 people to even get me entered into the system properly. The first one had never done this type of membership apparently and needed help doing it. She took my picture, which is in the system, gave me a barcoded key card and I was on my way. My second gym visit the girl who scanned my card stopped me and said I came up inactive. So again she set me up properly. The third visit again the girl looked at the screen and stopped me because I was still not showing up. So I got that week free pretty much. Finally, the manager set me up and on my next visit I came up. I totally forgot when I had registed so had continued going but realized my trial membership was suppose to be up almost 2 weeks ago. The people at the front desk half the time scan your id but don't even look at the screen to make sure it's you. So I figured that's what had happened. Only thing is, last time I went, the girl looked right at the screen and said nothing, so for some reason my picture is still coming up and I'm assuming it's saying my trial membership is still active? There have also been times where NONONE is even present at the front desk, so people just walk right in or if you get friendly with someone I've seen some people not even scan their ID. I called the billing office to see if maybe they changed my trial membership into a month to month, but they didn't. They said once my trial is over with, I should just be deactived from the system. I did plan on once my trial expried on joinging this gym on a month to month contract. I'm thinking the person who set me up, set me up wrong or something happened so maybe I'm coming up as a member still. My credit card has also not been charged any other fees. So do I say something? Not sure if all of sudeen I'm gonna be bombared with some large charge on my CC from the gym.

Last edited by Olive1982; 08-23-2010 at 10:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 10:52 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,472 times
Be careful. They might suddenly start charging fees to your credit card and automatically sign you up at some rate or for several years contract that you would not want to get stuck with.

The gym sounds like its run poorly so I'm not sure I would want to be a member there. Try out some other gym and watch your credit card statements!! btw- I've had trial memberships and they were always free and didn't require you give a credit card #.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Be careful. They might suddenly start charging fees to your credit card and automatically sign you up at some rate or for several years contract that you would not want to get stuck with.

The gym sounds like its run poorly so I'm not sure I would want to be a member there. Try out some other gym and watch your credit card statements!! btw- I've had trial memberships and they were always free and didn't require you give a credit card #.
Mine was a 30 day for 30 dollars type of thing. I don't really know any gyms that will let you go a month for free. I said something last night. A trainer scanned my ID and while he did it I asked him about if he can check when my membership expired. He looks and said I came up inactive. So how come nonone else noticed this lol. Anyway he's like go work out and just come back to the front desk bc I asked if there was a saleperson to speak to. I went back up, smoke to the ditzy girl who is always there and she told me none was there so I would have to come back. Honestly, it may not be run the greatest, but I love their classes and the gym iteself. Just don't get what happened here..

Old 08-24-2010, 10:38 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,472 times
The gym I go to gave a 30 day trial. It was something quietly offered on their website and not brought up at the gym itself unless someone says they say the advertisement.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
The gym I go to gave a 30 day trial. It was something quietly offered on their website and not brought up at the gym itself unless someone says they say the advertisement.
Oh wow..can I ask what gym this is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness