Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 05:58 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,349 times

Advertisements

If you have big flabby things dangling around, then yes, otherwise not so much, no.

I've never seen a girl who's breasts or but turned for the worse from working out, unless she was badly anorectic at the same time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,988 times
Sometimes depends on generics.
I lost over 80 pounds and I’m still a 34M cup. Maybe you should try a workout class that focus more on your core like CXWorx.
Good luck!

Old 05-15-2018, 05:25 AM

9,374 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
If you want to keep the large boobs but get more fit, I think you should keep a little fat on your body. Men like women with a little fat on them, but not overweight. Think 22-25% body fat.
Bingo! Just like women who, in general, do not like the huge bodybuilder type bodies in men, we men do not like stick figure, Barbie-doll shaped women. There are, of course, exceptions, but a woman with curves is sexy, an overly worked out stick figure is not, imho.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:45 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Well crap. I had a good answer and then realized this was a zombie thread. I hope the OP figured out a way to get to where she wanted to be! But I like my response so I'm going to keep it here....

OP did not request what people thought about skinny people with large breasts or what was attractive. If she were interested in that debate she would have posted elsewhere. What OP wants to know is, how do you lose boob?

I have/had the same problem. You have to diet and eat right to kick start. A lot of people say boob is the first thing to go when you eat well and exercise. Some good intense HIIT and Cardio should kick start it. Burn as much as you can. Lifting is great for feeling better, but you're not going to lose any boobs. It'll shift weight around. I lost most of my weight when I started running 4 miles 4 times a week and then adding one long run of anywhere from 5-11 miles on Saturdays. I've been pretty steady with where I'm at for the last several years but I dropped about 6 cup sizes and a few band sizes while working out. It can be done. Get with a trainer and tell them what you're looking for. They should be able to help too.

Good luck!

Old 05-15-2018, 09:29 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Well I can tell you when I started dieting and exercising, my boobs were the first to fall victim. I used to be a 38D now I'm 34A. My body totally cannibalized my chest so that I hardly have anything upstairs. Lifting, while I love the definition, kind of made my chest look more mannish since the boobs are basically gone. Oh well. I don't want to carry more weight to have a big chest.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:10 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latingirl View Post
Sometimes depends on generics.
I lost over 80 pounds and I’m still a 34M cup. Maybe you should try a workout class that focus more on your core like CXWorx.
Good luck!
That is a hard size to shop for!

As for the OP - it is individual. Some people have breasts that are mostly fat. Other people have mostly dense tissue. Your ratio will determine what happens.

Have you shifted weights ever? What happened?

Personally, when I went in the pill I gained half a cup. I lost this when I stopped using hormonal birth control. Weight gain/loss doesn’t impact my breast volume much, but my bra size changes in the band. In a 40# spread I went from 38F-ish to 32HH-ish. These are roughly sister sizes.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:15 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Well I can tell you when I started dieting and exercising, my boobs were the first to fall victim. I used to be a 38D now I'm 34A. My body totally cannibalized my chest so that I hardly have anything upstairs. Lifting, while I love the definition, kind of made my chest look more mannish since the boobs are basically gone. Oh well. I don't want to carry more weight to have a big chest.
Yes, we have to balance how much weight we carry with how we feel we look best. At my age now (68) I just have to carry more weight than I did in my 30s and 40s because older women who are too thin just look sickly. That means unfortunately for me, that my stomach is larger than I like, it always was that way even when I was super skinny in my 20s. But everything else looks pretty good, although I could stand to drop some chest weight. In my younger days, lots of running did the trick. Can't run now, though, due to spine issues.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:54 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Yes, we have to balance how much weight we carry with how we feel we look best. At my age now (68) I just have to carry more weight than I did in my 30s and 40s because older women who are too thin just look sickly. That means unfortunately for me, that my stomach is larger than I like, it always was that way even when I was super skinny in my 20s. But everything else looks pretty good, although I could stand to drop some chest weight. In my younger days, lots of running did the trick. Can't run now, though, due to spine issues.
You know, part of the aging process is acceptance, I think. You accept that some things are never optimal but you set a weight range that you can comfortably maintain, follow a meal plan that you can enjoy, and a workout regime that makes you keep coming back You have to work with the cards that you have.

part of my "issue" is coming to grips that while I am having a "renaissance" in my 40s - having spent almost my entire 30s being overweight/obese - I am still an "older woman" now. That's just the reality. Since I am middle aged, things aren't going to be the same as they were when I was in my 20s, especially since I was never athletic in my earlier life. My skin has rebounded nicely (courtesy of lifting) but there are still areas that have some loose skin/flesh and dimpling. I am not the same person as I was twenty years ago, but considering my age and what I've gone through, I'm all right. Same with you I'm sure

Old 05-16-2018, 11:28 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,044,709 times
There was a good podcast about this. I forgot the exact episode number, it was on a podcast called "Mind Pump". Maybe you can search their website? I don't think the episode title had the keywords you are looking for. It was just a quick 5min topic in a long episode.

From what I recall. Unless you have outlier genes, the changes to the breast are impossible to avoid(naturally of course). But you can work on posture to improve overall appearance.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:39 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
Oh my~ Never been big gal breasts or booty wise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness