Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:42 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I like shaved legs coz it highlights my calf muscles well.

I've invested tons of money in designer shorts, casual sneakers and socks, and I'm not gonna ruin them all with a hairy leg which masks the definition on my legs

Same goes for the hands, I actually wear this heavy silver kadukkam on my right hand. It's an Indian thing. and it doesn't feel great scratching against hair.

And it clearly shows me how my chest looks like, without weird outgrowth that pops out from in between buttons, I actually "always" have to wear an inner garment, whereas now, I can easily throw on a shirt without the underwear.

And last but not least, the missus loves running her hands on my shaved chest
So I'm curious, do you shave everyday? That's an awful lot of maintenance...face, legs, chest, arms

My husband trims his pits, chest and "package", short but not clean-shaven, so only once every few weeks.

I hate that he trims his chest...he doesn't have much hair there at all and I like it soft and fluffy. The pits I appreciate and the "package"...well he has learned that there are certain benefits to keeping that trimmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 07:02 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
So I'm curious, do you shave everyday? That's an awful lot of maintenance...face, legs, chest, arms

My husband trims his pits, chest and "package", short but not clean-shaven, so only once every few weeks.

I hate that he trims his chest...he doesn't have much hair there at all and I like it soft and fluffy. The pits I appreciate and the "package"...well he has learned that there are certain benefits to keeping that trimmed.
Once in 2 weeks, coz that's when the hair gets visible on the legs.. It's a pain, and I don't like to do it any other way but shaving. I have special razors which I invested in with the major razor companies. They simply do their job

There's a ton of advantages to trimming the package, but I once did a total shave and it got bristly and it felt like a porcupine was permanently housed inside my undies

Mrs Chamataka told me she likes it soft and fluffy too, but she likes the clean chest as well. It's just the intermediate stage which is open to debate, when the first bristles come out. But she better take comfort to the fact that she can scratch if her boobs ever itch

Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
My friend who bikes shaves because otherwise his leg hair gets full of bugs in the summer. That little tid bit made me feel a bit ill when he told me.

The boyfriend is a trimmer. He just hates hair thats out of control. It just looks neat and natural as he keeps it there, just not its natural length.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:23 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
So I'm curious, do you shave everyday?
when i was in college, i did my hair removal on thursdays because that was when the weekend got started. i didnt want to get freaky with some random chick and her be put off by my hairiness. even if it was usually a one time experience, she may tell her friends and i could get some more business that way.

now i would say i go 2-3 weeks between shavings.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Doesn't the stubble bother you? That would drive me crazy.

Maybe it's not a big deal for a man to be prickly? I do not like to feel the slightest bit of stubble on my legs but that may be a woman thing.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
I shave pretty much everything except my head. Been doing it for 10 years. Started doing it when I did a couple of triathlons, never stopped doing it. Body hair is gross. All it does is provide additional surface area for sweat and grime to get trapped on the body.

My wife LOVES the fact that I shave everything. Body hair repulses her, so I guess it worked out really good for us.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:48 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Doesn't the stubble bother you? That would drive me crazy.

Maybe it's not a big deal for a man to be prickly? I do not like to feel the slightest bit of stubble on my legs but that may be a woman thing.
i dont really notice. there is only a short period where it cant be it little rough to the touch (but it still looks good). i just did the arms and i got a little cut on my right elbow. those can be annoying.

my brother has a friend that used to shave his chest and he would come to the beach with us in the summer. the way his grew in, it didnt look so good. another one of his friends would make fun of him and call him "stubble chest." so i guess you have to adjust for whether or not it looks good on you.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 PM

622 posts, read 3,113,007 times
Trim, from the package up. I used to shave, but the stubble is too much. I use a trimmer and just get very close to the chest and arms. I do the pits too. I sometimes shave the package clean though. I LOVE the clean feel and look of it. My wife hates the package stubble, so I mostly stay with trimming. The legs would be too much work. If i could snap my fingers and get rid of all my hair forever, I would.

In my twenties I had the perfect chest hair. You'll just have to trust me on that. It was the 80's and up, so it was really "in" back then too. lol. Now at 42, it's a bit much, It's grown with age, so I trim once or twice a year. In early spring and summer. It's just a nice refreshing change and shows all my hard work in the gym. It shows much more definition and ripples in the arms etc... It feels just like when you are clean shaven in the face, or possibly how women feel when they have freshly shaven legs. It feels clean and good. I like it.

Luckily, for now, I have no back hair.

My wife likes it either way. She likes the chest hair, but it's just "cleaner" to me, and again, shows my abs, chest in a good way. Not that I ever go shirtless for anyone else buy my wife.... I guess it's just the way it make me feel.

I don't think I'll ever do the legs.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:14 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
It's an ongoing trend where women are increasingly preferring feminized men, that's why.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM

665 posts, read 1,728,428 times
I know lots of women who think guys who shave their legs are ......... uh............ "effeminate" or "confused"

but the same ones hate hairy backs

Last edited by laidbackhippie; 04-11-2011 at 05:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness