Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:50 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times

Advertisements

Every time I see muscular men in muscle and fitness mags, they never have any body hair.

Neither do the majority of muscular men who appear in ads for clothing and colognes.

I personally like this hairless look myself.

I think it makes men look more youthful, and shows greater muscle definition.

I don't think the shaven body look is good for all men, but for those who work hard at developing muscular bodies.

How many men here who regularly exercise and lift weights also shave their body hair?

Do you women prefer men with hairy bodies, or do you prefer the look of a hairless muscular chest?

Last edited by RD5050; 01-05-2012 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 09:59 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,579 times
I think you answereed your own question "I think it makes men look more youthful, and shows greater muscle definition"
It is because they are models and will use anyting to gain an edge on their appearance.
I tried it once and let me tell you it wasnt fun.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:08 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
I think you answereed your own question "I think it makes men look more youthful, and shows greater muscle definition"
It is because they are models and will use anyting to gain an edge on their appearance.
I tried it once and let me tell you it wasnt fun.
I know how I feel about it, but I'm more curious how others feel about shaved bodies.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I think a guy who is good looking and fit will look good looking and fit without having to be completely waxed bare. Keeping things tidy is fine, but devoting too much time to body hair removal just seems fussy to me. Plus, hair on a guy can be sexy. Someone on another thread mentioned that Burt Reynolds picture from the 70s--hubba.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:55 AM

968 posts, read 2,589,330 times
I'm a yeti

Old 01-05-2012, 11:59 AM

4,437 posts, read 8,131,234 times
Ya, not so much...

Old 01-05-2012, 01:00 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
I shave under armpits, it cuts out 2-3 showers/day that I would otherwise have to take due to sweating and odor. (and no deodorant won't do crap, it's like a spit in the sea).
during summer I usually take the rest of the upper-body hair as well to keep cooler and have less odor.

I shave feet, toes and hands because I'm very sensitive to pulling those hairs and so wearing gloves or socks can hurt if I don't shave.

It feels really weird in the beginning of each summer, but that evens out afters 3 weeks or so, and only the first shave takes a lot of time, because of the volumes of hair that needs to be ridden with trimmer, and the willingness of used-to-be long hairs to fold as the razors scratches them.

I'f I get rich I'll do laser-removal.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:14 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,950 times
I shave my upper arms/shoulder areas and armpits about once a month, for exactly the reason that the models do it: so that muscles look cleaner & more defined. Since I always wear cut-offs at the gym, my bi's, tri's, and delts look better without hair.

I'll shave chest and stomach hair about once a month as well, but probably a little more frequently during the summer months..

Old 01-05-2012, 01:38 PM

233 posts, read 753,421 times
i knew a lot of athletes who swore by shaving their legs they said when you run it feels amazing...whatever that means ?

anyways, when i was in high school i would shave my arm pits and my underbelow hair

the arm pits are fun to shave because 1) it feels better and they dont get nearly as nasty when exercising 2) less deode use

i would shave the underbelow because 1) it is cleaner 2) feels better 3) girls are more willing to ahem 4) it makes it look bigger

i would never shave my chest or belly hair..thats just ghey lol

Old 01-05-2012, 01:44 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Every time I see muscular men in muscle and fitness mags, they never have any body hair.

Neither do the majority of muscular men who appear in ads for clothing and colognes.

I personally like this hairless look myself.

I think it makes men look more youthful, and shows greater muscle definition.

I don't think the shaven body look is good for all men, but for those who work hard at developing muscular bodies.

How many men here who regularly exercise and lift weights also shave their body hair?

Do you women prefer men with hairy bodies, or do you prefer the look of a hairless muscular chest?
I work out regularly and have an athletic body look. I also shave body hair. I have to admit, it does make my muscles look more defined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness