Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:25 PM

151 posts, read 613,054 times

Advertisements

What you say is true, LaoTzuMindFu. And I believe a good nutrition plan and exercise can do a lot of good. However, Clinique and L'Occitane never did work for me.

What would be the healthiest and most "feel good" foods that I could have for lunch and dinner? I got breakfast covered. I would like a precise meal plan if anyone has any ideas. I want rich antioxidant skin enhancing foods. What's your pick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 05:35 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Hmmm...now you have me wanting to price up a homemade mix. There is more than protein and vitamins in there.
its worth playing with. i know there is more than just the protein in that product you posted but im pretty sure you can do better with a trueprotein custom mix. they have a variety of proteins (all the ones in that other product) they also have a variety of carbs and fat and vitamins/minerals.

i use plain whey isolate powder from now nutrition ($8 a pound). i take a kirkland multi, c and d3. i also take whole psyllium husk for fiber. i think im looking pretty vibrant. maybe not as fantabulous as sophisticated lifestyles but im hanging in there.

i know my brother takes some more of those wacky nutritional supplements. like some kind of superfood drink with all these plants and stuff in them. to me that stuff doesnt really provide any short term benefit and you just hope that long term it works out better for you.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:15 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Lifestyles View Post
And when I say I use makeup, people automatically think the transvestite kind of look.

That's not how I want to look! Hell no!

I try to capture a cellular radiant and energizing glow, naturally. No mascara, no eyeliner, no glossy lipstick or lipgloss, just pure natural radiance.
Thread is tl;dr so I'll just respond to what I've read so far:

1. Get off the supplements, take a single multi-vitamin with calcium, once per day.
2. Get off the fake shakes, and make yogurt smoothies with fresh berries and powdered eggwhite for extra protein in the morning.
3. Decide for yourself which is more important: your vanity, or your physical health. Considering the destruction you've already done to yourself by not eating at all (according to your post), you'll have to pick one or the other, but you can't have both. Yet.
4. If you are eating properly, you WILL have a naturally radiant face. That's what makes it "natural." If you have to buy radiance at a spa, you're doing something wrong.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:01 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Lifestyles View Post
Well, I am ordering a single serving just to see what it's like. I will have to experience this for myself and I will let you know what I think!
What on Earth do you think you're going to discern about the health benefits of that product from a single use?

Also, what's with all the "radiant" appearance stuff? "I am trying to reflect a healthy and radiant 23 year old man." Seriously? At 23 years old, if you're eating anything close to a decent nutritional regimen, you should be the picture of health.

I'm awfully afraid that you're expecting this supplement to be some magical cure-all, and I can promise you - it ain't.

You seem very concerned about "radiance" and your skin. Do you have some sort of skin condition/issue?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:17 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Optimum Nutrition Whey, GNC Mega-man multi vitamin, a balanced nutrition plan (i.e., NOT A DIET), Clinique or L'Occitane skincare and a vigorous exercise routine will get you exaclty what you want - to be Radiant.
Always, always check out the ingredients of any vitamin supplement you take. Any *binders* or *flowing agent* are chemicals you *don't* want in your body. Vitamins should be "whole foods" in origin not things like ascorbic acid, tocopherol, etc. These are CHEMICALS not food. Your body cannot not properly assimilate chemicals.

If you want a source for the BEST VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS in the world, dm me and I will provide you with a link. (I receive NOTHING from this company).

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-29-2011, 10:37 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What on Earth do you think you're going to discern about the health benefits of that product from a single use?

Also, what's with all the "radiant" appearance stuff? "I am trying to reflect a healthy and radiant 23 year old man." Seriously? At 23 years old, if you're eating anything close to a decent nutritional regimen, you should be the picture of health.

I'm awfully afraid that you're expecting this supplement to be some magical cure-all, and I can promise you - it ain't.

You seem very concerned about "radiance" and your skin. Do you have some sort of skin condition/issue?
Don't you ever feel the difference in your body from a healthy meal vs. a non healthy meal? You can feel that stuff in one use like the way a raw meal feels. You should try it too.
Plus for how much it costs...that would suck if you bought a huge tub of it and hated the taste or had an allergic reaction to it.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Don't you ever feel the difference in your body from a healthy meal vs. a non healthy meal? You can feel that stuff in one use like the way a raw meal feels. You should try it too.
Plus for how much it costs...that would suck if you bought a huge tub of it and hated the taste or had an allergic reaction to it.

Yes, if I've been eating really clean and I have one really bad meal, I'll feel crappy. I've never experienced the opposite, however, of eating not very well and then having one super clean meal and feeling great.

I don't think he's going to realize much benefit from a single serving, no.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:39 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, if I've been eating really clean and I have one really bad meal, I'll feel crappy. I've never experienced the opposite, however, of eating not very well and then having one super clean meal and feeling great.

I don't think he's going to realize much benefit from a single serving, no.
I did. Define "clean" because I am speaking about raw vegan meals. Those give you a food buzz.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 PM

Clean = natural, absent of artificial ingredients, no "processed" foods, organic/free-range/etc., low/no sugar, things like that.

Never tried eating vegan and likely never will. Currently eating Paleo.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:26 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
I spend 500$ on food+supplements/month, getting up to 3500 kcal/day in quality foods.
But in that i eat meat like a tiger.
I don't care what I put on food, it's within the top-priority on the cost-list. if i spend more or less on it.. who cares other things can be adapted.

What I'm against is your choice to change food for supplements. get a real breakfast, lunch and dinner, then you can add supplements to fill the holes.

As for the beauty products... if you feel you have the cash for it fine... but have any of these products ever made any difference? I've never seen them do crap... whether expensive ones or not.
Radiance? what the hell is that? Sounds like beauty-marketing-BS to me.

Remember: a real man shaves his beard with his axe, and sharpens his axe against his chin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness