Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
But I'll bet the creme brulee tasted good!
It was amazing Nobody beats the French. How my face lit up was like in Ratatouille when Anton Ego sips the soup and goes into a trance in the movie's end sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_s View Post
I totally agree with this. Unfortunately, my medical issues have made it impossible to lose weight in spite of working my butt off for the past 2+ years straight, but think where I would be had I not worked so hard...

anadyr21 has an incredibly good point. My own normally slender friend has had to use prednisone for medical issues, and the side effects, including the buffalo hump, appetite, blood sugar elevation, and insomnia are just unreal.

I am just ROFL over the "Good Chamataka Bad Chamataka" comment though
I've been meaning to open a new discussion.

"Does a strenuous diet give a foodie bouts of mental derangement and social anger?"

Every time I am dieting for a stretch of days, I seem to be on ultra-cynicism mode in the end of the stretch. I'd even wanted to snatch the nuts the squirrels were nibbling at in the jogging garden. Just kidding.

Like this one day, I missed the train and as the empty station stood there like it was laughing at me, I took my anger out by doing about 30 push-ups in the cold, dressed in a suit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 03:18 PM

526 posts, read 955,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I've been meaning to open a new discussion.

"Does a strenuous diet give a foodie bouts of mental derangement and social anger?"

Every time I am dieting for a stretch of days, I seem to be on ultra-cynicism mode in the end of the stretch. I'd even wanted to snatch the nuts the squirrels were nibbling at in the jogging garden. Just kidding.
Open the thread. I'll be the first one to say "YES"

I started the South Beach Diet phase 1 on Saturday. This is supposed to last for 2 freaking weeks without any carbs (except most veggies), milk, alcohol, or fruits. The lack of carbs in my body is driving me freaking insane. I am not sure if I'll make it through the two weeks but now I feel like it's a challenge and I want to win. I guess it's good that I'm single at this time because I doubt any men will tolerate me, LOL.

Regarding your OP, I agree that some people are just lazy, but I'll have to disagree with the generalization that ALL overweight people are lazy. I am fit because I take care of myself throught healthy eating and exercise, and I've been blessed to have a small frame, so I can eat A LOT and I won't put on much weight. BUT, las year I put on 10-15 pounds and it took me more than 6 months to lose it so I respect people who are trying to lose weight because it's very hard.

Besides any medical condition, I've seen many hormonal problems with some of my friends. One of them got the shot (contraceptive), which is supposed to stay in your body for 3 months. She gained 20 pounds within the first two months and there was nothing she or her doctor could have done because she had the hormones on her body for another month. She ate healthy, she exercised 5x/week and nothing. It was very tough for me to see her like that because she got very depressed. After the last month was up, it took her several months to get rid of those 20 pounds.

Sometimes it sucks to be a woman....(sorry, that was my lack of carbs doing the typing)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness