Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 12:36 PM

657 posts, read 717,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I didn't really realize it until I ripped a pair of my skinny jeans but ever since I started doing squats and leg press work outs, and jogging... my butt blew up. My hips used to measure 36 inches but now they're 40 inches. They were 36 inches BEFORE I started working out.

I seriously went from a size 2 to a size 6 or 8 depending on the brand.

I'm not too worried but I'm noticing cellulite now .

I'm a runner so I don't think I should be getting cellulite. How can I get rid of my cellulite without getting too muscular?

Where the picture ? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 12:52 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Only a woman would think a big luscious booty is a bad thing.

To most red blooded hetero males, the only big rears that are considered bad and undesirable, are the ones that are odd shaped and/or flat.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:28 PM

45 posts, read 83,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritbty View Post
Oh the irony. I remember when most non black women didn't want a big butt, ergo, does this make my butt look big, but now, having a big butt is all the rage. Most use to make fun of black women with big butts and I use to see women killing themselves in the gym to lose what is deemed a big butt, but now, having a one is cute and fun. I guess.
I so relate to this comment. To see pants with booty pads in them and see ads for pills you can take to get a larger butt is truly mindblowing to me. Although I've always appreciated my curves, I used to get teased a lot by having a large butt. Then Sir Mix A Lot's "Baby Got Back" came out and slowly started changing the game. lol

Regarding the original post, I started strength-training about 1 year ago (using heavy weights at a slow pace), It transformed my body and leaned me out while making my curves even more apparent so thankfully the butt is still there.

Last edited by SunnySide99; 02-28-2013 at 01:44 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 01:45 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Wow is NO ONE here familiar with the term "ghetto booty"?? Sheesh it's not that hard, let me break it down for you.

Ghetto booty is a term commonly used to describe when someone's gluteals consist of a semi-residential area comprised of a homogenous minority group usually dealing with societal and economic pressures.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Wow is NO ONE here familiar with the term "ghetto booty"?? Sheesh it's not that hard, let me break it down for you.

Ghetto booty is a term commonly used to describe when someone's gluteals consist of a semi-residential area comprised of a homogenous minority group usually dealing with societal and economic pressures.

"Ghetto booty" means muscular and shapely. Like the kind you find on elite female athletes.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 PM

315 posts, read 383,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
"Ghetto booty" means muscular and shapely. Like the kind you find on elite female athletes.
WRONG! you know full well that is NOT what "ghetto booty" means. Nice try though.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post

IF by minority you mean black women, then yes, I know what it means since I have it naturally and not developed through weight training. I, unlike others, do not have amnesia regarding this term. I remember when it was negative to have a big butt among white women and most black women with large round high firm butts celebrated their natural bodies with pride. Think Sara Baartman and the Bustle concept with ghetto body being accepted into mainstream.
SMH.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide99 View Post
I so relate to this comment. To see pants with booty pads in them and see ads for pills you can take to get a larger butt is truly mindblowing to me. Although I've always appreciated my curves, I used to get teased a lot by having a large butt. Then Sir Mix A Lot's "Baby Got Back" came out and slowly started changing the game. lol

Regarding the original post, I started strength-training about 1 year ago (using heavy weights at a slow pace), It transformed my body and leaned me out while making my curves even more apparent so thankfully the butt is still there.
LOL, I was thinking of Sir Mix A Lots "Baby Got Back" and the entire message behind the video in responding to this thread. Yes, there are surgeries to remove fat from certain parts to the body and injected in the butt area, causing flat butts to be round. It worked for Kim K. Those booty pop commercials are funny. Before ther were jeans that sold to more curvaceous women, I remember how much I hated jeans shopping because my butt never fit. I love my curves and never killed myself to loose mhy butt, just reshape and tone. Yes, we've always loved our curves when the world use to call us fat. Oh the sweet irony.

Weight or resistance training is the best way to reshape ones body. Sound like you found the perfect routine to maximize your results :-). Isn't it great how you were able to benefit from strength training without losing your best assets? Sounds like you found a trainer to help you train smarter. Legs are my worst day, but cross train with walking hills, stadium or step up, reverse lunges, etc. I've found doing one day of squats then next week single leg squats works wonders. And I dread squats, but they're effective.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:19 AM

632 posts, read 1,030,863 times
The OP (PearMartini) is missing out. What you describe as a "Ghetto Booty" PearMartini is what is celebrated and desired by men and women. Maybe your nutritional intake is bad which is why you have all that cellulite you are talking about, but "ghetto booty" having women like these are extemely sexy and desirable:

Vida Guerra photoshoot - YouTube

Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovaninek View Post
Single leg squats and weighted lunges are your friend. People don't get big bootys from squats unless your squatting super heavy.
My balance is not good enough to bust out single leg squats without holding onto something; I usually rest my hands lightly on a horizontal bar in the gym while I do them. I do not grip the bar; it's not there to help me up and down. It's there for me to grab onto if I start to fall over!

I do weighted lunges...I'm the dork doing walking lunges in the gym with a 10 lb kettlebell in each hand. I don't bother with unweighted squats; I always do them with at least a 20 lb bar on my shoulders. At least once a week I'll do reps with 50-55 lbs on my shoulders (I'm female). That's about all I can handle (for now) without breaking form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness