Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Fine then explain why it is bad advice? All you have offered is a soundbite. I explain below why it's not.
It flies in the face of conventional wisdom from both physicians and registered dietitians. I trust them more than I trust you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 06:51 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,940 times
This a unspoken truth among white men and well spoken of by minorities. Men LOVE it

Old 03-06-2013, 08:24 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,937,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I'm a runner so I don't think I should be getting cellulite. How can I get rid of my cellulite without getting too muscular?
There's nothing wrong with maintaining some cellulite for flavor.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:45 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Guess what men...we dont care.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,046,465 times
Maybe the OP is not doing the full motion of the squat so one portion is toning / getting bigger while the rest is staying fat?

Old 03-10-2013, 11:28 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,711 times
Quote:
Yes I have been working out off and on for 20 years. I have done just about every weight training program there is. My old roommate was a roid freak that worked out at Golds and Powerhouse. My brother was a professional trainer for 10 years, so yeah I know a few things LOL.

Read her posts from the first page. She complained she was working out and bulking up gaining sizes in clothes.
20+ years of doing somethign wrong or not knowing the correct information doesn't make you right.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Why because it doesn't agree with you and the rest? So what do you advise heavy weight low reps? That's a great way to bulk up, but what the OP is looking for is toning up which comes from more reps less weight.

To the other folks that disagree with my cellulite comment prove it then. Show me some proof of cellulite. Cellulite is on people that have extra fat. That is fat from being fat no so mystical thing called cellulite. Thin people don't have cellulite. Some of them, that have lost a ton of weight, have loose skin, that is not cellulite.

Hey show me some photos of women that are thin with cellulite and I will change my mind.
How about athletes with cellulite....

Maria Shrapova

She doesn't have anything to spare....and obviously gets in plenty of activity.

Cellulite is genetic.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:02 AM

Woah...only 25.

I don't know what her body fat% is but just by the looks of it she may be thin but she is not lean.
She could also be on hormonal BC, drink like a fish in secret etc...

It could be results of being skinny fat since she is underweight. (not eating enough can cause it)

You never know. I just think everyone should try the the dietary clean up before dismissing it as "everyone has it".
If your habits are creating that issue and its not just a genetic link, that is just not healthy. The OP is about 10 lbs away from being "overweight".

//www.city-data.com/forum/exerc...i-healthy.html

They are 135. -
145 is the cut off for the "healthy zone" via BMI.
Body fat % check time.

Squats won't out-do a poor diet/lifestyle balance or high body fat.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:34 AM

456 posts, read 1,170,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Woah...only 25.

I don't know what her body fat% is but just by the looks of it she may be thin but she is not lean.
She could also be on hormonal BC, drink like a fish in secret etc...
Yeah she looks more like 30, but I'm guessing the cellulite is genetic. I'm sure she has almost zero body fat. She's 6'2 and like 130 pounds and obviously is very active. I have cellulite and my bmi has never been over 20. And when it's around 18, I still have it pretty bad! I can't do anything about it. My diet is perfect and I work out at least 3 days a week doing both weights and cardio. I noticed that my mom has it as well and she's even skinnier than I am. Not an ounce of noticeable fat on her. Cellulite is inescapable for some women. That's just how it is. You learn to live with it.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
Yeah she looks more like 30, but I'm guessing the cellulite is genetic. I'm sure she has almost zero body fat. She's 6'2 and like 130 pounds and obviously is very active. I have cellulite and my bmi has never been over 20. And when it's around 18, I still have it pretty bad! I can't do anything about it. My diet is perfect and I work out at least 3 days a week doing both weights and cardio. I noticed that my mom has it as well and she's even skinnier than I am. Not an ounce of noticeable fat on her. Cellulite is inescapable for some women. That's just how it is. You learn to live with it.

What was your body fat percentage? You can't just go by BMI when dealing with issues that can be brought on by high body fat. You would die if you had zero body fat. There is minimum body fat one has to maintain. You can be high fat in a thin body. Don't believe that weight loss or being thin always gives lean body fat results.

What is your protein/sugar/carb/sodium intake?
Height and weight Stats?
Are you on hormonal BC?
Do you smoke?

Three days a week? You should be doing cardio daily to get your circulation up if you have cellulite.
Try that. You can add to what you do if you are fit enough. It doesn't have to be extreme. Just enough to get your circulation up every day. I would do it with walking on your off days and see what happens while tracking body fat changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness